BCV 2 BR set-up?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What is the set-up regarding the beds at BCV? All I know is that only some of the 2 BRs have the 2 queens in the second bedroom. How many? And more important, what do the others have? Do the others have a queen and a sofa bed? Are these like lock-offs would be? Or do the BCVs have 2 Master Bedrooms with just 2 king beds, 1 in each bedroom? I mainly am trying to determine if one of the bedrooms always has 2 beds, so that the family doesn't have to share a bed with their kids, or put their kids in the LR.

only 25 - 2-bedrooms have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom.

all the others have the queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

think it was blamed for the construction company. the second bedroom is too small for 2 queen beds except for the 25.

only 25 - 2-bedrooms have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom.

all the others have the queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

think it was blamed for the construction company. the second bedroom is too small for 2 queen beds except for the 25.

One of many DVC construction "oops".

OKW: first phase didn't have the second master bedroom entrance, corrected in the second phase.

BWV: only one set of elevators for a huge building. At an annual meeting I went to around 2000, they admitted it was a mistake but nothing they could do.

VWL: one studio does not have a balcony

BLT: bathroom sink in the kitchenette in studios, corrected.

One of many DVC construction "oops".

OKW: first phase didn't have the second master bedroom entrance, corrected in the second phase.

this was due to member comments - then DVC valued our opinion and make changes.

the second bedroom is too small for 2 queen beds except for the 25.

So there are two different sizes of 2 BRs? Some are big enough to accommodate 2 Queen beds in the second bedroom and some aren't? I thought the whole resort was built at the same time, so I'm somewhat puzzled as to why they'd build 2 BRs in 2 different sizes. It all sounds rather strange to me. However, the important thing is that even if we aren't fortunate enough to get the 2 BR that has 2 Queen beds in the second bedroom, there are essentially 2 beds, the second one being a sleeper sofa instead of a "regular" bed. Has anyone encountered any problem with this? Do I understand this right?

So there are two different sizes of 2 BRs? Some are big enough to accommodate 2 Queen beds in the second bedroom and some aren't? I thought the whole resort was built at the same time, so I'm somewhat puzzled as to why they'd build 2 BRs in 2 different sizes. It all sounds rather strange to me. However, the important thing is that even if we aren't fortunate enough to get the 2 BR that has 2 Queen beds in the second bedroom, there are essentially 2 beds, the second one being a sleeper sofa instead of a "regular" bed. Has anyone encountered any problem with this? Do I understand this right?

Yes, either 2 queens or 1 queen & 1 double sleeper sofa. The 2 queen dedicated 2 bedrooms are a reservation category, not a request.

We had a dedicated 2 bedroom at BCV (1 entrance) with the queen bed and sofa (bed). The couple that stayed in that room never opened the sofa so it wasn't an issue. In fact they had great floor space.

I personally would never expect 2 adults to sleep on one of those sofa beds. 1 adult or 2 children would be acceptable. JMHO.

yes there are 2 different sizes.

it was built at the same time. but either the architect drawing was wrong - or the construction company - did not do it correctly - so really think the drawing was wrong. so what DVC told the members before it was done was incorrect.

so unless your reservations says dedicated 2-Q beds - don't count on it.

yes you are right about the 2nd bed being the sleeper sofa - it is a double not a queen - there is only one queen bed.

still don't know why DVC did not decide to go with 2 double (full) beds instead of one queen and one double sleeper sofa. the other timeshares use double beds.

Actually, there are 3 different configurations of 2-bedroom villas at BCV:

1. Dedicated, with two queen beds in the second bedroom.
2. Dedicated, with one queen bed and one queen sleep sofa in the second bedroom.
3. Lock-off 2 bedroom. These have one queen bed and one double sleep sofa in the second bedroom (which is actually a studio with a kitchenette and it's own door to the outside ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter