BCV 7/3-7/8 great rooms, stupid mugs

sprite

Mouseketeer
We checked in to a 2 bdr (Rm. 307) at the Beach Club Villas on Sunday 7/3. The room was great, very clean, close to the Epcot walkway, courtyard view.

After investigating for a few minutes we did find that one of the sliding glass doors wouldn't close, the light bulb in the kitchen had burned out and one of the burners on the stovetop wasn't working. We called and everything was fixed within an hour by a friendly, pleasant maintenance worker.

We loved our room. Other than the few minor problems initially, everything was great. Of course, this is our first time staying at a DVC resort, so we have nothing to compare it to, but we were really impressed and happy with our decision to join.

The short walk to Epcot was especially nice after the fireworks on the 4th of July. Boy was I glad we didn't have to walk to the front of the park! It was also very convenient for the Illuminations cruise.

Odd thing happened with the mugs. My daughter really wanted a Beach Club refillable mug. The Marketplace was sold out of mugs for most of our trip. When they finally came in - they were Fantasmic light up mugs. The girl at the counter said those were the new Beach Club refillable mugs. I asked about the Beach Club mugs on display in the window and she said they were not allowed to sell anything on display (the next day the Beach Club mugs in the window magically disappeared)

My dd ended up buying a Fantasmic mug, and only later realized it can't be washed in the dishwasher. Very annoying.

Other than the the stupid mugs, we had a fantastic trip and can't wait to go back!

Links to my ridiculously long trip report:
[thread=860595]Prologue: "No Worries"[/thread]
[thread=860708]Chapter 1: "I see people"[/thread]
[thread=860964]Chapter 2: "No Princess Pictures!"[/thread]
[thread=861012]Chapter 3: “Don’t Worry, about a thing”[/thread]
[thread=861246]Chapter 4: “Teach Me Norwegian”[/thread]
[thread=861317]Chapter 5: “I’ve already signed this”[/thread]
[thread=861368]Chapter 6: “Forget about it”[/thread]
[thread=861418]Chapter 7: “I don’t have a favorite”[/thread]
[thread=861465]Chapter 8: “How many days ‘til our next trip?”[/thread]

We will be staying in a 2 bdroom BCV in September. We are so looking forward to it as this is our first DVC stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and no room problems. Reading all these post sometimes makes you worried.

59 days and counting till we are once again at WDW

Thanks for the post -- I am looking forward to reading your trip report. Thanks for the links!

So glad to hear you loved your room. I was recently in #305 (studio) and loved the location, I could sit on my balcony all day and watch "the world go by". I'll have to check out those mugs next time, though!

Hey Sprite,

We were at the BW during the same time. Boardwalk ran out of mugs too. I didn't like the design and didn't purchase one, but did notice that after they ran out, they started to sell Contemporary mugs :confused3

Peace,
G4L

I will bet that the Fantasmic Mugs aren't really replacing the BC mugs. They probably were shorted inventory and are substituting for the real mugs until they come in. I know that at SSR, we were told the real mugs hadn't come in and they were substituting Spring Break (very stupid) mugs. The only person who bought one of those was DH since he knew he could at least get his money's worth out of it.

I say they should do a DVC mug.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter