BCV Laundry

nyck

Mouseketeer
Does BCV building have a laundry room? If so where is it? I usually stay in a 1-2 bedroom so I usually have 1 in the room, but this time I am staying in a studio. TIA

The 4th floor one is the only laundry room for all of BCV. It sucks only a few washers and dryers.
We had a hard time doing laundry, spent half a day doing it while family was at pool.

Thank you for the replys. We are flying to Paris after our stay there and I want to bring less clothing so I had debated to either switch to a 1 bedroom for our last night to have the washer/dryer or to keep my studio reservation and use the laundry in the building. I think I will still keep the studio since we can always do the laundry late the night before we leave if it is crowded earlier

Ok, what do you do when you arrive to wash clothes, notice the machines are being used; then wait for the use of the washer for 2 hours or more since the owner of the clothes do not come back and take their clothes out? I understand people are on vacation, but wouldn't it be common courtesy to allow use for all? Sorry for the rant, I try not to be negative, but would like to get on with the day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ok, what do you do when you arrive to wash clothes, notice the machines are being used; then wait for the use of the washer for 2 hours or more since the owner of the clothes do not come back and take their clothes out? I understand people are on vacation, but wouldn't it be common courtesy to allow use for all? Sorry for the rant, I try not to be negative, but would like to get on with the day.

If the cycle is complete and there is a place to put the clothes, remove them from the washer or dryer and place them on a table or other space where they stay clean. Then stay with your clothes to make sure no one removes them before they are completed. I'd give the offending person a few minutes before I removed their stuff. But not hours.

I bring a book or magazine and stay with my laundry until it is done. I might leave for a few minutes (ten or less) if I have to leave for any reason. But I have only had to use the common laundry area three times in our 16 years of ownership.

If the cycle is complete and there is a place to put the clothes, remove them from the washer or dryer and place them on a table or other space where they stay clean. Then stay with your clothes to make sure no one removes them before they are completed. I'd give the offending person a few minutes before I removed their stuff. But not hours.

I bring a book or magazine and stay with my laundry until it is done. I might leave for a few minutes (ten or less) if I have to leave for any reason. But I have only had to use the common laundry area three times in our 16 years of ownership.

Thanks. I rarely do laundry in public places, and didn't know the proper etiquette in a situation like this. :)

Definitely remove the clothes and put them on the table -- common practice in laundry rooms. We stay primarily in studios. Once, years ago, I returned to VWL and found some angel had folded my dryer load!:littleangel:

We just got back from a stay at a studio at BCV. We used the laundry, DH just kept track of how much time was left on the washer/dryer, and switched the laundry. We did it during the daytime midweek--spent time at the Stormalong Bay pool, DH walked back. By the time we were done at the pool the laundry was mostly dry. We take our dirty laundry in one of our suitcases and DH left it there in case someone else needed a place to put our laundry if we weren't there when it finished.

I had done online checking through the 'my Disney experience' on the main Disney site. Of the choices given online, I had selected 'near elevator and large balcony' for my room preferences--ended up with Room 406, close to the laundry room and elevator (about 3 rooms away) and it had a big balcony facing the leisure pool. That location was also good for the BCV leisure pool...just go down the elevator and out through the breezeway. DD 8 and DH went down almost every night to that pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter