Yes, so curious what this hold is/
Lorimay the "Hold" is placed on your credit card. You place your ADR (Advanced Dinning Reservation) date with the restaurant and then a hold is placed on your credit card for the amount of money. Like other posters said your credit card will only be charged if you are a no show. This helps keep people form making a lot of unnecessary ADR's.

Karl

Lorimay the "Hold" is placed on your credit card. You place your ADR (Advanced Dinning Reservation) date with the restaurant and then a hold is placed on your credit card for the amount of money. Like other posters said your credit card will only be charged if you are a no show. This helps keep people form making a lot of unnecessary ADR's.

Karl
But any hold at BOG should only be $10 per person, right? You're not responsible for the entire bill by not showing. You would only be responsible for $10/person.

Karl

I am very familiar with how dining reservations work.
I was curious as to why this person had a $308 hold for BOG when they don't make you pay upfront.
I was hoping she would come back and explain.

I am very familiar with how dining reservations work.
I was curious as to why this person had a $308 hold for BOG when they don't make you pay upfront.
I was hoping she would come back and explain.
Lorimay, OK that makes sense ...... Looks like OP isn't responding anytime soon :hyper2:

Karl

But any hold at BOG should only be $10 per person, right? You're not responsible for the entire bill by not showing. You would only be responsible for $10/person.
No. Any hold would only be for $1 total. That's how they validate the credit card. They don't pre-authorize for the no-show fee.

No. Any hold would only be for $1 total. That's how they validate the credit card. They don't pre-authorize for the no-show fee.
I understand that. But nothing about this seems typical. Just fleshing out some potential alternate scenarios.

Funny I'm on hold with Disney for this very reason. Same day I booked BOG for four people (2 adults, 2 kids) I was charged 209.16 by WDW Reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter