Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

I've updated the FAQ post, although I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.

I assume that people trying to book for 25/26 Feb can't do anything via the MDE site or app either as yet?

Andre

Andre-
I'm not able to book anything for 2/25. I'm wondering if this is when breakfast is going to start for BoG. If you try to book through MDE right now, it only gives dinner times for 2/25 onward so no updates have been made there.

I am on hold with them right now for arrival 2/26. The guy had never heard of such a thing. He is asking around.

Since it is saying you will now log on to MyDisneyExperience.com it could mean lots of things. :confused3

- FP reservation will now be handled through MDE...
- Does this mean FP reservation will be open to any guests now?
- Does this mean if offsite can get, everyone's chances went down?
- Does this mean the 30/60 on/off site applies?
- Does this mean it will be one of your 3 FP+ now?
- Does this mean that the daily handing out of return cards is done?
- Does this mean that standby is a thing of the past?
- Does this mean added FP+ numbers, I once was able to book 4 at MK?
- Does this mean if added FP+ that we could be headed to a tier system at MK?
- Does this mean it may change to an ADR aka Table Service?
- Does this mean that breakfast will be added as rumored for the end of Feb?
- Does this mean if breakfast added, it will be Table Service?
- Does this mean if breakfast added, it will be additional FP space available?

There are so many things that could be happening even beyond the above that I don't think we'll know exactly what - no matter what any CM tells us - until that time and it is actually happening. Disney needed to get control of this restaurant. Personally I would be thrilled for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - all Table Service. Magic Kingdom needs it.

I'm wondering if this is when breakfast is going to start for BoG. If you try to book through MDE right now, it only gives dinner times for 2/25 onward so no updates have been made there.

Unfortunately, from past experience, not only does Disney's left hand not know what the right is doing.... it doesn't even know there is another hand at all.

Andre

Yea I called disney dining and got the same response as everyone else. She had no idea what was going on. She basically just re-read the message that is on the website. She basically said that I wont be able to make a reservation for basically a month which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Hopefully someone will be able to get more information from Disney as to what is going on.

I should have made the reservation when I was still able too.:rolleyes2

App is showing breakfast as an option and reservation times starting at 6:30am. for dates after today. No booking times are available yet...:scratchin

App is showing breakfast as an option and reservation times starting at 6:30am. for dates after today. No booking times are available yet...:scratchin

The app does odd things anyway. :) The ADR website still only lists Dinner (4pm onward). I wonder if when the new MDE-based system finally kicks in, it will have a 180-day window like other ADRs?

It does seems like one team thought the cutoff for meal dates was going to be 25 Feb, whereas the other one thought the date for their system to begin taking BoG Lunches requests was 25 Feb.

Hopefully they'll get their act together soon and start talking to each other, as otherwise there will be about a month where no one can pre-book anything on either system.

Andre

Of course that is the time my family and I are making our trip to MK. I have literally been shut out of everything else dining wise and this was the one thing that my wife wanted to do. I seriously have no luck with this.

I was trying to make a FP for 2/25...so...that's interesting. It wasn't a must, so whatever happens is okay with me! I know a lot of people really want it though, so I hope this gets sorted out!

Just got off the phone with Disney on another matter and inquired about the BOG lunch situation and the test sight closing as of the 24th. I was told nothing has officially been announced but it is her understanding that as of the 25th you will be able to make reservations for lunch through the FP+ system (not ADR) and it will count against one of your 3 allotted FP+ for the day. She said BOG was always supposed to be a traditional FP but the separate online reservation system was set up to test how a FP process would work in a restaraunt not to test the reservation system aspect. By doing BOG lunch as a FP+, it will still give the onsite folks an advantage by being able to make reservations 60 days out, then AP holders, etcetera 30 days out if not staying on property and so forth. I understand that CMs are not always in the know and you don't really know until it is official, but I thought I would pass along. Sorry but I forgot to ask if breakfast was going to be an option, too.

http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-guest-adds-reservations-lunch/

This article was just posted on another disboard thread.

I would be much happier if lunch was an ADR and not one of my 3 FP+. Plus excited to hear that the pre-order option is still possible. That really made everything go much quicker for us when we dined for lunch in December. The line to order food at the kiosks was quite long and thus would have negated much of the time savings of a "fastpass"-like or "quick-service" system.

as an onsite guest im going to be very upset if they change it to an adr without giving us priority.
If it changes to an ADR I don't know that they would give onsite guests any priority other than the usual 180 days + 10 that we already get. Why would they treat BOG lunch any differently? That's how the system is already set up.

Now what is frustrating and disappointing is that those of us who are well within the 180 days + 10 if BOG lunch becomes an ADR, or 60 days if BOG lunch becomes a FP+ are now in the position of having no priority for being onsite guests once whatever the system is becomes active on February 25. I guess we'll just have to log on at midnight to see if the FP+ option appears, and then again at 6:00 am if it doesn't and hope we can get something amidst the chaos that will probably occur that day. Hopefully WDW will be more forthcoming with information, and not just leave us guessing which rumours are correct so that we can be prepared to try to book.

That's what I'm thinking maiapapaya! 25th Feb is 4 days away from our 27 day window for FP+. I'm wondering what time to go online then too. Also for my other ADRs the MDE wasn't working so I had to phone up and that wasn't until 12pm. Really going to be annoyed if they don't take our catagory into consideration.

Deggs x

If it changes to an ADR I don't know that they would give onsite guests any priority other than the usual 180 days + 10 that we already get. Why would they treat BOG lunch any differently? That's how the system is already set up.

Now what is frustrating and disappointing is that those of us who are well within the 180 days + 10 if BOG lunch becomes an ADR, or 60 days if BOG lunch becomes a FP+ are now in the position of having no priority for being onsite guests once whatever the system is becomes active on February 25. I guess we'll just have to log on at midnight to see if the FP+ option appears, and then again at 6:00 am if it doesn't and hope we can get something amidst the chaos that will probably occur that day. Hopefully WDW will be more forthcoming with information, and not just leave us guessing which rumours are correct so that we can be prepared to try to book.

my dates for disney are 1-6th of march and ive been waiting to make my fp ressies for lunch. i will be beyond upset if we are not given priority as we will be in disney 3 days after the 25th

my dates for disney are 1-6th of march and ive been waiting to make my fp ressies for lunch. i will be beyond upset if we are not given priority as we will be in disney 3 days after the 25th

I agree, it leaves all of us already within any normal booking windows in a bad spot (we're March 13-21). I just don't know how they would extend a priority to us?

Given that no one seems to be able to book beyond 25 Feb anyway, none of us are actually being disadvantaged as yet - we're all in the same boat.

You'll just need to jump on the site as soon as the system is opened up for new booking dates - and I'm quite sure this thread will be the first place to advise people when that happens.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter