Beach Club accessible rooms?

videogal1

DIS Veteran
Hello Beach Club fans
I finally found out my Resort assignment for the Disney marathon...The beautiful Beach Club!!! and, although I have found several discussions of rooms, their layout, furnishings, and assorted views, I can find no info. on the accessible rooms at the Beach Club....where the accessible rooms are, room numbers, views, noise level? What to look out for...(the dreaded BAD ROOM?) or what they're like...roll-in shower? Wide doors for ECV access? Bed size? Close to elevator, if on an upper level...You know, the stuff everyone else looks for in room characteristics...
I've posted this question on the resorts board but.....
you only know what's important if you've been there...
Thanks...
:D

bumping up to hopefully get an answer.
You could try calling WDW Resort Special Reservations:
(407) 939-7807
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
They should be able to answer your questions.

We stayed in an accessible room at the Beach Club once...perhaps ten years ago. Our room was on the first floor, had a view toward the lake and was close to the lobby. We had two doubles or queens (sorry can't remember) and a daybed.

The room had a rollin shower with a portable shower bench which didn't work for my daughter at all. She felt very unstable. For many it probably would have been fine. I remember the bathroom as very wide open and the vanity area was beautiful.

Have fun. It's a beautiful resort!

We stayed at the beach club a few years ago. We did not use a handicap room, so I can't comment on that. However, getting around with a wheelchair was very difficult. It seemed many of their exits had steps ouside the door. Hopefully they have improved that.

pampam, I agree with you. When we stayed at the BC with our daughter, way too many times I'd walk out an exit only to find a few steps and no ramp. I found it to be the least excessible resort we've stayed at. BCV is much better. There are exits with ramps at Y&BC though and once you learn which ones have them, it's doable. I wonder if they have a map that indicates accessible exits? We've stayed at a large resort that had such a map.

I don't know if they have improved any of the exits or not but off hand I can think of one that still has only steps.

Thank all of you for your responses! I have been very busy calling Disney, Beach Club reservations and the Disney special victims unit (hahaha). No luck.....I have queried Deb Wills, the Passporter guys, and on and on. Nobody knows nuttin'. Disney will not give out room numbers I was told a few times. Who ever heard of such a thing? How do they suppose people are making decisions for room requests? Pulling numbers out of a hat? I did get one enthusiastic recommendation that I post my questions on the DIS boards...Hmmm, the reputation for the wealth of knowledge represented on this Board is spreading.... but no answers...
This is the first I have heard of the entrance/exit problems, though...I'll be traveling on my own ECV and with Cash, the Wonder Dog. Heaven help us if I need to get Cash outside for a potty break and can't get outside....?:confused:

From my wanderings around the Beach Club, almost all exits are accessible.

There is one major exit which, on its own, is not and that is the exit from the back center of the lobby in the direction of Crescent Lake. To avoid this exit, go towards the Cape May Cafe, turn left to the end of a corridor, and there is a door on your left that goes out to the same walkway th the back center exit would give.

I remember a few years ago I stayed in a room right next to a saircase that exited in the area of the vollyball court. That exit had a couple of steps.

The main entrance is fully accessible. Also following the corridor toards Beaches and Cream and the pool, etc is accessible. The shops are also fully accessible.

Videogal, with a dog to walk I'm sure you'll quickly figure out which exits will work. Besides the two inaccessible ones that Cheshire Figment mentioned, there is another small one that is close to the Epcot side that has no ramp. A good alternative to that one is by the quiet pool which does have a ramp if I remember correctly.

Both new exits toward BCV are accessible and have automatic doors which help us a lot.

Have fun. It is a beautiful resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter