Beach club what a dump.

Scotch said:
I hate threads like this before a trip to the resort in question. :(

I feel your pain. I have pumped my mom up for going to BCV, for a mother-daughter trip in Feb. I just hope this is one of those exceptions and not the rule for BCV.

I hope some more BCV lovers will chime in soon.....

"Sorry you have no life, and plenty of time for stupid little storries that have nothing to do with the thread topic. I guess you are trying to make a joke about what myself and other DVCers found to be serious problems. I thought the most of the other posts were great and were related to my topic."

I just hate it when threads turn ugly. I happen to be a huge BCV fan, and we stay there every trip if we can. It's unfortunate that folks feel inclined to beat each other up everytime there is a negative post. That said, I find the title of this particular thread to be a bit "over the top" and, quite frankly, offensive. Dump? Seriously, service and maintenance issues are one thing--and a very important thing that should be dealt with appropropriately. And, it's good that we have this forum to stay abreast of current issues--good, bad, and otherwise. However, when you start a thread entitled "BCV is a dump" you can expect equally spiteful responses.

Can't we all just play nice?

trampslady said:
I just hate it when threads turn ugly.
Oh yes. :earseek:
:badpc:

trampslady said:
That said, I find the title of this particular thread to be a bit "over the top" and, quite frankly, offensive. Dump? Seriously, service and maintenance issues are one thing--and a very important thing that should be dealt with appropropriately. And, it's good that we have this forum to stay abreast of current issues--good, bad, and otherwise. However, when you start a thread entitled "BCV is a dump" you can expect equally spiteful responses.

Can't we all just play nice?

ITA
I think using heated words in a thread title is sure to bring responses like pumpkinboy's.:confused3

we also like to eat cheaply on the BCV side of the Epcot resort area but with all these complaints give me the long corridors any day.

THEDISFANS said:
Sorry you have no life, and plenty of time for stupid little storries that have nothing to do with the thread topic. I guess you are trying to make a joke about what myself and other DVCers found to be serious problems. I thought the most of the other posts were great and were related to my topic.
Sorry you didn't like my little story. I had edited to add that I thought it was clearly unacceptable that you had experienced the serious issues that you had endured. I also noted that I, personally, found the level of service there to be below what we have enjoyed at other DVC resorts. I did not intend to make light of your trouble there, and I apologize if it seemed that I had.

However I was also trying to assuage the concerns of a number of folks who might not have stayed there before, who are legitimately worried that the whole resort was run down, which it is not. In fact it is a lovely resort, with very good staff in many areas. True, it has shortcomings, but these would not prevent me from staying there again. I was simply pointing out that not everyone encounters horrible conditions, and that sometimes BCV can be one of the nicest places to stay.

In future I think we should avoid inflammatory titles like the one on this thread (you can still change it), as they tend to incite panic in newcomers and hostility from those who own at or just love BCV. I hope you get satisfaction from DVC management and that the problems you detail are corrected; I think we all want to see our DVC resorts brought up to their potential.

pumpkinboy said:
Sorry you didn't like my little story. I had edited to add that I thought it was clearly unacceptable that you had experienced the serious issues that you had endured. I also noted that I, personally, found the level of service there to be below what we have enjoyed at other DVC resorts. I did not intend to make light of your trouble there, and I apologize if it seemed that I had.

However I was also trying to assuage the concerns of a number of folks who might not have stayed there before, who are legitimately worried that the whole resort was run down, which it is not. In fact it is a lovely resort, with very good staff in many areas. True, it has shortcomings, but these would not prevent me from staying there again. I was simply pointing out that not everyone encounters horrible conditions, and that sometimes BCV can be one of the nicest places to stay.

In future I think we should avoid inflammatory titles like the one on this thread (you can still change it), as they tend to incite panic in newcomers and hostility from those who own at or just love BCV. I hope you get satisfaction from DVC management and that the problems you detail are corrected; I think we all want to see our DVC resorts brought up to their potential.

I guess I Should not have been so harsh in my thread title. Also sorry for my mean reply to your post.

It's just that when you spend a lot of cash for DVC and dues. Plus ticket prices, Food and soveiners. It is so wrong of Disney to let problems like this go on.

Hope I didn't offend anyone :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter