Beach club

IMHO, closing SAB takes so much value out of ownership at Beach Club. The location of the Beach Club is still awesome, but with no park hopping, even that is slightly diminished.
Also, you have to factor in the lack of entertainment at the Boardwalk as well. There is nothing really going on there right now. No pearl picking, no hair tying, no vendors out and about. If your afraid of COVID maybe it will be nice to have things so dead, but not much to look forward to at the resort. Plus the lack of dining. No Yachtsman, no Cape May....I haven't cancelled yet though...I'm forever the optimist!

I did hear, on another thread though, that a poster who has a friend who works at the pool at YC/BC, that was temporarily placed at Galaxy's edge, was called back to work for next week! I'm really getting my hopes up, but I don't think they can keep SAB closed for much longer, especially if they need to get more people to book resorts. If they opened SAB, people wouldn't hesitate to fill up the YC, in my opinion.

jvalic33 I completely agree and I really hope you are right about opening of SAB. I have a February stay booked so keeping my fingers crossed SAB will open.

IMHO Disney needs to open SAB if they want people to fill their hotel rooms at the Yacht & Beach, as the public is not going to pay the rack rates or even "free dining" or some other discount off rack rate without SAB open. I was fortunate enough to be able to move my September stay at the Beach Club to another DVC resort, as IMHO I saw no reason to stay there with SAB closed & no park hoping. I never thought in a million years I'd be re-booking a BCV stay to another DVC resort.

I am really going to miss park hoping from the Beach Club, as my favorite Disney Day, would go into EPCOT at rope drop, get a pastry, coffee, maybe a Mimosa from Le Halles for breakfast, relax in the France Pavilion Courtyard and people watch for a awhile, than head for a relaxing pool morning day at SAB. Late afternoon head out to a theme park, ride some rides, see some shows, maybe park hop or resort hop again, to a nice dinner venue than close out a theme park at night. Ideally a Disney After Dark ticket would be a absolutely perfect night. Oh well, first world problems.

DVC confirmed this morning that Stormalong Bay is opening on 8/24. So, great news for us all!

DVC confirmed this morning that Stormalong Bay is opening on 8/24. So, great news for us all!
Was this an actual announcement or someone at DVC saying that? We are supposed to check in at BC on 8/30. I'm really hoping for SAB to be open. We figured if it wasn't we'd try to modify those days to another resort the week before, at least there is availability.

I am assuming an official announcement is coming shortly. It was confirmed with DVC members services by myself and others. DVC doesn't just speculate on stuff like this - they said they received confirmation yesterday of the reopening. I was going to switch to Riviera if it wasn't going to open. We arrive on 9/11.

Was this an actual announcement or someone at DVC saying that? We are supposed to check in at BC on 8/30. I'm really hoping for SAB to be open. We figured if it wasn't we'd try to modify those days to another resort the week before, at least there is availability.
The info is posted on the WDW website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter