Beach with amenities

2xPrincess

Earning My Ears
Hoping someone will know........

Before visiting DLR will be be spending some time in the San Diego area. We will have a car so we can travel a little - we would like to visit a clean, family friendly beach with amenities - chairs/umbrellas/restrooms/changing rooms/water sports/etc - a public beach or private resort offering day passes would be great.

Thanks in advance

I just wanted to note that as a matter of law (the Coastal Act) there are no private beaches in California. So you're not going to find a place with exclusive access to a beach below the tideline. In fact, most resorts would be required to allow public access to the beach via their property as a condition of being granted a coastal development permit (which is needed for almost anything).

As for your question, there are plenty of beaches around San Diego, but I think the Hotel del Coronado probably would provide the type of facilities you're asking for. Not sure if they have some sort of day pass though to access their facilities or if you have to be a hotel guest. They also have a member's club.

http://www.hoteldel.com/

HDC-Del-Aerial-gallery.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter