Beach & Yacht Club FAQ questions- temporary home: evicted! New Thread activated

I didn't do it!! Honest!!! Back from dentist ... four canals and a temporary crown ... six hours total .... thought they would at least give me a liquid lunch. I'm loaded up with antibiotics and lots of pain meds so feeling pretty good right now.

Thanks Dee for keeping us together.

Do you think it's because of the number of pages? I need to start a fresh one for CL.

I didn't do it!! Honest!!! Back from dentist ... four canals and a temporary crown ... six hours total .... thought they would at least give me a liquid lunch. I'm loaded up with antibiotics and lots of pain meds so feeling pretty good right now.

Wow, you had some major work there. I hope the pain killers do a good job for you.
Feel better soon.

Feel better soon Teena

Today's questions, going from BC to DHS, I know the walk is about a mile but if we have a rental car should we drive?

I'll give the opposing viewpoint. I never have a car there. But if I did, I might drive from BC to DHS. Last time we wanted to get there in the morning, we waited a LONG time for the boat. We probably just missed one. I don't believe in doing a long walk to get to a park in the morning. My feet are going to be hurting and I'm going to be out of energy by late afternoon. I feel that I would wasting energy first thing, and would get tired earlier in the day, if I walked from BC to DHS, or (as other people sometimes ask) I went through the International Gateway and walked to the front of Epcot to get the monorail to MK. I might do a long walk at the end of the day if I had the energy, but definitely wouldn't do it first thing.

So...temporary home. Makes me think of tent camping.

Hope the flies don't bite here though.

I've got a thermos of Sunken Treasure. What did the rest of you bring?

(No Sunken Treasure for Teena--pain meds and green drinks do not go together!)

Dee - As always THANK YOU!

Teena - feel better! After the chemo I've had so much Dentsl work done they I just cringe when I hear that any of my friends had to go through it.

See you both soon - but not soon enough!!!

Ouch. Hope the pain meds keep working!

80 days until I return. Well, I suppose it's 83 until I return to YC/BC. But close enough, right?

Soooooo After promising my family no Disney trips this year I just impulse bought a plane ticket and booked a YC room for 22 days away.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Question: how important is it to have reservations for Beaches and Cream and the Cape May cafe? I know we want to do both, but I don't which when.

Question 2: Our Garden view room can have a variety of beds. Where do I indicate which one we would prefer?

And in general
:jumping1:

I'm going to Disney World!!!!

Wow! I'll have to remember your epic dental adventure and how you survived when I face my visit next month (I'm such a dentist scaredy cat!) Hope you feel better soon Teena :)

Quick question regarding online check in. We have a split stay (first part-BCV- done through Disney, second part-BC-done through Orbitz). I called Disney Reservations to add my room request for the BCV stay (upper level - DH hates ground floor rooms!) and had to call Orbitz to have them call Disney to add my request for BC. I asked for upper level and refurbished room if possible (I know nothing is ever guaranteed). Now I'm wondering if I should have said upper level-close to Epcot as the "refurbished room" request seemed to confuse things. Should I do online check in to make sure my request is added to my reservation? I actually really prefer checking in in person but want to make sure my request was added to my record and I have no desire to contact Orbitz again to have them double check for me. Its odd how the Disney rep I called couldn't access my reservation by the Orbitz rep could contact Disney and have them add the request. Any thoughts about checking in online? Thanks!

Soooooo After promising my family no Disney trips this year I just impulse bought a plane ticket and booked a YC room for 22 days away.
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Question: how important is it to have reservations for Beaches and Cream and the Cape May cafe? I know we want to do both, but I don't which when.

Question 2: Our Garden view room can have a variety of beds. Where do I indicate which one we would prefer?

And in general
:jumping1:

I'm going to Disney World!!!!

Very important ... it is almost impossible to eat inside at Beaches and Cream without a reservation. Cape May Café is tough too for both breakfast and dinner. Sometimes you can get a walk-up for the dinner buffet when they open but it's really rare now that people actually show up for their reservations (because if they don't, they get charged a fee).

As far as your garden view room at the BC, almost all of them have at least two queen beds. There are very very few king beds. And there are some with two queens and a daybed ... those rooms go to families of five first. If you are a family of three or four, you most likely will get a room with two queens. If you want the daybed, you can add that request to your reservation, but the daybed rooms go first to families of five so there is a chance you won't get it.

Just call whoever/however you booked your reservation (Disney or a travel agent/company) and have your "request" added to your reservation.

Wow! I'll have to remember your epic dental adventure and how you survived when I face my visit next month (I'm such a dentist scaredy cat!) Hope you feel better soon Teena :)

Quick question regarding online check in. We have a split stay (first part-BCV- done through Disney, second part-BC-done through Orbitz). I called Disney Reservations to add my room request for the BCV stay (upper level - DH hates ground floor rooms!) and had to call Orbitz to have them call Disney to add my request for BC. I asked for upper level and refurbished room if possible (I know nothing is ever guaranteed). Now I'm wondering if I should have said upper level-close to Epcot as the "refurbished room" request seemed to confuse things. Should I do online check in to make sure my request is added to my reservation? I actually really prefer checking in in person but want to make sure my request was added to my record and I have no desire to contact Orbitz again to have them double check for me. Its odd how the Disney rep I called couldn't access my reservation by the Orbitz rep could contact Disney and have them add the request. Any thoughts about checking in online? Thanks!

Not sure I understand your reasoning. You want close to Epcot because you want to use the secret door by 1501? But since you want an upper floor, you probably aren't planning on using the 1501 door and will be using the lobby backdoor to walk out to the lake and then to Epcot? Therefore, you should ask for upper floor close to lobby elevators, not close to Epcot.

As far as online check-ins, I personally prefer to speak to a person and ask them if my requests have been met and where my room is. If I am not happy with the room, then I can immediately ask if anything else is available and if it isn't, then I can set up for a room change the next day to a room that meets my requests. But everybody is different. Some people love having their room number texted to them so they don't even have to see a CM ... they can walk straight to their room.

And thanks ... those pain meds are keeping it under control so far. Only thing I don't like is having to set an alarm to take an antibiotic every six hours, even during the night. I didn't sleep good last night because I had to get up at 5:45 for the dentist appointment and of course I was a bit scared about it so sleep wasn't very good. So tonight I had hoped to get a good night's sleep without waking up for antibiotics. But better to be safe ... I want to be 100% (even though I'll only have the temporary crown) for our Disney Magic Europe cruise that we leave for in 13 days.

If Orbitz really did add your request for an upper floor and refurbished room then the room assigners will know what you want. The online check in would only give you an option for an upper floor, I think, and that is already marked on your reservation. Just because the CM on the phone was confused about the request for the refurbished room, the room assigners should know exactly what you mean. :)

Not sure I understand your reasoning.
I thought I had read that someone recommended asking for upper floor/close to Epcot for the best chances at getting a refurbished room as they were doing them top down, from the Epcot side inwards the YC side. Having never been to the BC though, I'm not sure if that was correct. I really just hoped for a refurbished room (could care less about daybeds or full balconies or elevator proximity) but thought I read that asking for that directly is not the best way to wind up with that. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I too really like checking in in person. Somehow its part of the experience and I like the interaction with the front desk personnel. Our last trip to DL, when we were checking in at the Disneyland Hotel, Goofy walked through the lobby and my kids got to meet him. They thought that was awesome (but have been told to not expect that everytime they check into a hotel :) ) and it started our trip off on a great note.

A Disney European cruise?! I bet that will be amazing!!

So...temporary home. Makes me think of tent camping.

Hope the flies don't bite here though.

I've got a thermos of Sunken Treasure. What did the rest of you bring?

(No Sunken Treasure for Teena--pain meds and green drinks do not go together!)

I brought a bucket full of Maraschino cherries!!!

Signed, Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort NON biting fly

Not sure I understand your reasoning. You want close to Epcot because you want to use the secret door by 1501? But since you want an upper floor, you probably aren't planning on using the 1501 door and will be using the lobby backdoor to walk out to the lake and then to Epcot? Therefore, you should ask for upper floor close to lobby elevators, not close to Epcot.

As far as online check-ins, I personally prefer to speak to a person and ask them if my requests have been met and where my room is. If I am not happy with the room, then I can immediately ask if anything else is available and if it isn't, then I can set up for a room change the next day to a room that meets my requests. But everybody is different. Some people love having their room number texted to them so they don't even have to see a CM ... they can walk straight to their room.

And thanks ... those pain meds are keeping it under control so far. Only thing I don't like is having to set an alarm to take an antibiotic every six hours, even during the night. I didn't sleep good last night because I had to get up at 5:45 for the dentist appointment and of course I was a bit scared about it so sleep wasn't very good. So tonight I had hoped to get a good night's sleep without waking up for antibiotics. But better to be safe ... I want to be 100% (even though I'll only have the temporary crown) for our Disney Magic Europe cruise that we leave for in 13 days.

Teena, to clarify.....are the only elevators at the lobby? I thought there was a single elevator more near the secret entrance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter