Beaches and Cream- why is it everyone's "must-do"?

Originally posted by erikthewise
I'd give B&C the "best burger value" award. A good burger for no more than you'd pay at any number of franchise restaurants. And good onion rings too!

One thing to keep in mind is that at B&C all you get for the price of the burger is the burger. If you want fries or onion rings, it's an additional charge, unlike most WDW burger places where the burger comes with fries. This tends to drive up the overall price.

Originally posted by UKDEB
I just don't get it. We stayed at the Beach Club back in 2000 and when I saw B&C I thought it couldn't possibly be the place everyone here raves about. It is <i>tiny</i> and very clinical. When I got back from that trip, I searched the boards and was amazed to find that, yes, this <i>is</i> the place that has so many people in raptures.

I've visited the Y&B/BW area many times since then and <i>every</i> time I take a look in because I'm convinced I must be missing something :p. There is nothing appealing about it at all to me.

The appeal is not the visual. At least in my opinion. Try it, you'll see what we are talking about. I would tend to agree that visually there is NO appeal what-so-ever, but then if a hamburger is just a hamburger, you might as well go to McDonalds. At B&C, the food is the experience.

Originally posted by rcyannacci
Is it the desserts? We would probably only go for lunch and don't often do dessert at lunch- would it still be a good choice for an Epcot day, for example?
Do you like peanut butter and chocolate? No Way Jose....that's why. Or the Kitchen Sink for your family. Make it your meal.

Originally posted by UKDEB
and very clinical.

to me it looks like the little ice cream stores of my youth:rolleyes: . actually just about like the present Malleys ( of my not so youth) which i thought was the point..an ice cream "shoppe"

We went to B&C on our last trip and ended up eating there for lunch one day when it opened. The burgers were good, but it was the onion rings that amazed us. We were so stuffed that we couldn't eat dessert and that is why we initially went! :tongue:

On our next trip, my girls insist that we go for the Kitchen Sink, so that is in our plans!

We really enjoyed Beaches and Cream!
:sunny: :wave2:

UKDEB
just don't get it. We stayed at the Beach Club back in 2000 and when I saw B&C I thought it couldn't possibly be the place everyone here raves about. It is tiny and very clinical. When I got back from that trip, I searched the boards and was amazed to find that, yes, this is the place that has so many people in raptures.

I've visited the Y&B/BW area many times since then and every time I take a look in because I'm convinced I must be missing something . There is nothing appealing about it at all to me.

My thoughts exactly. I cracked up when I saw how small the place was, about the size of my garage.
We did get a kick out of watching 3 people eat the kitchen sink.

I was considering it for our stop before heading home from WDW....but DH was already saying it wouldn't be fair to Meredith to stop at an ice cream place if she can't have it (milk allergy - that's why I've been asking about the Rice Cream). Now I hear all these comments about it being dinky with great onion rings...

Maybe just a snack midafternoon on our Epcot day, and I'll think of another stop before driving back to Fort Myers, instead.

Pensive...

Kris

We went there on our trip 2 weeks ago. I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. We got there at 5:30 and was surprised to see a booth open, because it is very small. My husband and daughter thought the hamburgers and chicken were greasy. I though it was okay. Their "Kitchen Sink" was no big fuss for us. We have a ice cream parlor that has been serving the 'Kitchen Sink" for at least 50 years. It is also much bigger.
In the 70's it cost $7.95. We would have about 10 kids eat it together with leftovers. :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter