Beaches and Cream- why is it everyone's "must-do"?

Originally posted by mickeycw
What is the easiest way to get there from the Wilderness Lodge?

Quite honestly - drive! If you are going to take WDW transportation, then take the bus to the TTC and then get on the BC/YC/BW/S&D bus. Or, you could take the boat to MK and then hop the bus to BC/YC/BW/S&D.

It's too small -- If I wasn't in an Epcot resort I wouldn't make a special trip. We got take-out sundaes and ate on the porch.

It is a great option for an Epcot day. It's a very short & easy walk from the International Gateway (between Great Britian & France) to B&C at the Beach Club. We also like to split a double cheeseburger, onion rings & one of the sundaes for dessert!

Unlike many here, I would, and have made a special trip to B&C. DW and I had roast beef sandwich. It was by far the BEST roast beef I have ever had. The onion rings were also awesome, and the sundae...just can't say enough...this while it's dinner time, and now ya got me drooling at work, and that doesn't look good in a public library mind you. :D

the sandwiches are good and the atmosphere is cute but if you don't want ice cream i wouldn't leave epcot for it since you can find as good or better there.

Originally posted by mickeycw
What is the easiest way to get there from the Wilderness Lodge?

alternative routes depending on what kind of pass you have, take the wl bus to epcot and walk thru ( don't think bc has a bus from epcot)or with out a pass for the day, take the wl bus to mgm and boat to bc from there ( or if you are like me and take the monorail anytime i can, no matter how long it might take....boat to cr, mono to epcot, walk:o)

I wanted to try Beaches and Cream originally because someone I know who worked at Disney said she liked it. Then I read about it here on the forums and about the kitchen sink in particular. I'd been there two or three times before and on the last trip my family finally decided to go for the sink. It was kind of funny, I had never actually seen it before and when we ordered it there were two or three other groups who did also.

I just ate there for dinner last Sunday.

It was alright. Not worth waiting an hour to be seated. There is very limited seating at this restaurant.

I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.

I'd love to try the Kitchen sink someday though! We got to see 2 separate groups order them!

We would be using the vouchers, and probably would come over from MGM because we are not thrilled with the counter service food selection there. We would get ice cream as well, though, so I don't know if it would melt before we finished our sandwiches. DH is never thrilled to wait, so I wouldn't mind ordering everything to go and then finding a nice, quiet spot.
We are going in Sept. What times are best to go to avoid a looooonnnng wait?

they have a few cute tables outside you could eat at and some have mentioned the possiblitly of paying with the voucher with the main course but still getting their dessert after the meal...don't know how they would handle that here .we only had a 10 min wait at lunch time in Jan so they aren't always packed, just depends

Every time we've gone by it's been so packed it was impossible to get in. Guess it will always be on our to do list.

I had my very first Chili Dog there.....it was amazing. I got it to go since I was staying at YC. It does look a bit small in there.

I'm not making any SPECIAL plans to go back, but I would definitely like to try and get another Chili Dog this next trip.

YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've asked a few places and nobody knows...DD is allergic to milk, and I shouldn't have it either. I'll just skip dessert rather than touch rice cream, but DD likes it just fine. I know it's available in the parks, can she get it at Beaches & Cream? I won't go if she can't get some, because DH, SD and my other DD are bound to get ice cream. I don't want Meredith to feel badly.

Thanks in advance!

Kris

The burgers are a grade above the usual Disney burgers found at most of the other counter-fast food service restaurants at WDW. Having said that, they are still burgers and waiting a hour to eat hamburgers isn't something that appeals to us while on vacation. ( Maybe we live in an unusual place, but hamburgers are plentiful and can be found everywhere in our home town. ) When staying at the BC, we stop into B&C occasionally for lunch if there isn't a wait, but wouldn't go out of our way to eat there. After all, we're talking hamburgers here.

Originally posted by jarestel
( Maybe we live in an unusual place, but hamburgers are plentiful and can be found everywhere in our home town. )

:) not exactly difficult to find around here either! truthfully while i like the ice cream the ghriadelli sundaes at DTD i've had are better...except you can't use a voucher at G so it's almost the same cost for the whole meal at b&c ( with voucher) as just the sundaes at G!

A great "comfort food" stop and lots of fun. But "best burger"? I don't think so -- Sci-Fi Cafe has better (and no doubt other places do as well), but it costs $4 more! I'd give B&C the "best burger value" award. A good burger for no more than you'd pay at any number of franchise restaurants. And good onion rings too!

Originally posted by erikthewise
A great "comfort food" stop and lots of fun. But "best burger"? I don't think so -- Sci-Fi Cafe has better (and no doubt other places do as well), but it costs $4 more! I'd give B&C the "best burger value" award. A good burger for no more than you'd pay at any number of franchise restaurants. And good onion rings too!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention those onion rings....they were awesome...I still feel that roast beef sandwich was by far the best I have ever had though, and we have some great roast beef restaurants in Rhode Island.

Beaches and Cream- why is it everyone's "must-do"?
I just don't get it. We stayed at the Beach Club back in 2000 and when I saw B&C I thought it couldn't possibly be the place everyone here raves about. It is <i>tiny</i> and very clinical. When I got back from that trip, I searched the boards and was amazed to find that, yes, this <i>is</i> the place that has so many people in raptures.

I've visited the Y&B/BW area many times since then and <i>every</i> time I take a look in because I'm convinced I must be missing something :p. There is nothing appealing about it at all to me.

We loved our meal at B&C - I had the Chicken Caeser salad, and it was great, my DH and DS split a large soda, a huge cheesburger and an onion ring/fry combo, and then they got the No Way Jose for dessert. We used the Q&C voucher, and I really felt like we got our money's worth.

I have 2 suggestions that worked for us. The first is, if there's a wait, go to the 'to go' counter, and grab a beer to go - then sit by the pool and wait for your number, enjoying your cocktail before the meal. And second, after we had waited a very long time, and realized that the hostess (a lovely, albeit terribly frazzled woman) had forgotten us completely, we asked if we could sit at the counter, and she sat us right away! So unless you need a table, be sure to ask for a counter seat.

KC:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter