Beaches n Cream Question

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I know you cannot make a PS for this restaurant, right?

OK, what if I was planning to go shopping at DD on a Saturday evening and wanted to have dinner at Beaches n Cream around 8pm? Would my party of 7 (one is a baby) have along wait? Does it depend on the time of year? We will be there in 9 days, and I was thinking of doing this the night before we leave. Maybe...I'm also toying with the idea of cancelling our PS at Whispering Canyon Cafe for our first night, going to DD in the late afternoon then having dinner at Beaches n Cream that night. I guess that depends on how tired we are. We have an early flight out on the day we leave.

Thanks for any opinions.

Hi. We just got back :-)( ), so here's my $.02. We stayed at the BC & our party of 7 had intended to eat there later, too. After walking past the first night, we decided to change our gameplan b/c there's not much seating, but there's a whole bunch of people wanting to eat there later. We ended up going at about 3:00 & had no trouble getting right in. Could your party consider doing a late lunch/early dinner & then head to DTD. Maybe then you could do some shopping while it's a bit cooler outside. Just a thought. BTW--We enjoyed the food & we surprised the kids w/ a kitchen sink (for a party of 7, it was cheaper than everyone ordering sundaes). It was fun to see their reactions, & even more fun to eat. I'm sad to say, though, that even all 7 of us couldn't finish it, but it was fun to try! Have fun!

We were at BCV for 2 weeks in early July and Beaches & Cream was PACKED every evening! I second DisneyMom's theory of eating there around 3-4 in the afternoon if possible.

Do y'all think it will be packed on an October week day around 7:00?

You'd think a small restaurant would be the perfect setting for PS's!

I think it depends which day in October you're talking about. While October is generally not as crowded as summer, there is a lot going on at WDW this October.

The media events for Mission:Space and Mickey's Philharmagic are on October 9th. There's an annual golf tournament at one of the Disney courses in October. There's usually the art show at Downtown Disney. The food and wine festival starts in October.

Guess I'm saying, check the Disney website for what's going on during your trip. Any time there are special events, it tends to be more crowded, especially if those events are tied to Epcot. Since the Yacht & Beach Club is so close to Epcot, people tend to stay there more during special events at Epcot.

I have stayed twice at the Yacht and Beach Clubs. Everytime we ate there, it was around 5, and we had no issues. However, every time we walked by later in the evening it was always packed with a long wait! It is very small, and seating for larger parties is very slim. I agree with everyone else, late afternoon is definitely your best bet.

Erika

I'm all for the early dinner/late lunch theory. It all depends when we get into our room at WL. We will be checking in early (bu 11am) and if our room is ready then (which I am NOT counting on), we can then go to a park (probably Epcot) head to B&C for an early dinner then to DD to shop. We'll see. I guess we'll be playing it by ear and when we check in, we'll know better what we're going to do.

Thanks for the tips!

I was thinking 7ish on the 7th @ Beaches and Cream (don't think there's much going on at Epcot then :)), but now I'm a little apprehensive.

We're doing the Illuminations Cruise as our very last thing for our WDW trip that night @ 8:15 and I wanted to go somewhere to eat close by it before. Do y'all have any other suggestions where to eat close by around that time for a fam with two small children?

Thanks, y'all, for the tips :)

I agree that earlier is probably better.....I've rarely seen this spot without a crowd in the evenings! Wish they would expand the space.....

I've been wondering this also! We will have a group of 6 adults & 3 2yo's, so I'm kind of worried about the wait. We will be going in early Dec., so I'm hoping it won't be too bad... :)

Beaches and Cream is usually jammed at night. We were there on 7/8 at 8 and waited 45 min. Previous years have been the same.....after 6 is a zoo. If you're in a hurry or don't like to wait go in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter