"Because I'm a Guy!"

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Last night I was at Home Depot agonizing over which color blue when a mid thirties guy came up to the counter with two paint cards and said to the clerk, "I want a gallon of this and a gallon of that". Incredulously, I looked at him and said, "How did you do THAT"??? "How did you pick out those colors so quickly"?? He said, "Because I'm a guy"! :rotfl2: He also turned out to be a painter and was quite helpful in solidifying my decision. There are certain stereotypes that just don't fit I guess. My dryer broke and I had to take 4 loads of laundry to the laundromat to dry. The place was filled with women's magazines; Redbook, Family Circle, Woman's Day, etc. I was the ONLY woman in the laundromat. All the rest of the patrons were men. Whats the matter with Popular Science, Car and Driver, etc?

My husband can be in and out of a store in five minutes, while I will go back and forth trying to make a decision.

Is the paint for your bedroom to match your comforter? I think I remember you saying that you were getting a new one and are thinking of repainting.

Holy crap...too many martinis tonight...(tough week...LOL)...I was reading that as "Because I'm gay"...:rotfl2: ...and I was thinking what stereotype:confused3 :rotfl2: :lmao: ...then I read it again:rotfl2:

Holy crap...too many martinis tonight...(tough week...LOL)...I was reading that as "Because I'm gay"...:rotfl2: ...and I was thinking what stereotype:confused3 :rotfl2: :lmao: ...then I read it again:rotfl2:

I read that too. And no alcohol in my system!

My husband can be in and out of a store in five minutes, while I will go back and forth trying to make a decision.

Is the paint for your bedroom to match your comforter? I think I remember you saying that you were getting a new one and are thinking of repainting.

DS#3 is working at Killington so that room is empty for now. DS#4 left for college last Sunday, so that room is empty and DS#2 will just have to deal with the mess I made in his room. :rotfl2: I am redoing the upstairs bedrooms so it is paint to match one of the comforter sets in that room.
http://www.designerlinensoutlet.com...=UGDxbwKNHOogNJbpZ0u2&SID=1&product_id=114357

This is the set, although I got it at Kohls for $99. I also got the valances, etc.

I like that comforter set. You got a great deal. I absolutely love shopping at Kohl's.

So I guess I am the only person who read the title as guy? WTH is wrong with me? :rotfl:

Last night I was at Home Depot agonizing over which color blue when a mid thirties guy came up to the counter with two paint cards and said to the clerk, "I want a gallon of this and a gallon of that". Incredulously, I looked at him and said, "How did you do THAT"??? "How did you pick out those colors so quickly"?? He said, "Because I'm a guy"! :rotfl2: He also turned out to be a painter and was quite helpful in solidifying my decision. There are certain stereotypes that just don't fit I guess. My dryer broke and I had to take 4 loads of laundry to the laundromat to dry. The place was filled with women's magazines; Redbook, Family Circle, Woman's Day, etc. I was the ONLY woman in the laundromat. All the rest of the patrons were men. Whats the matter with Popular Science, Car and Driver, etc?

LOL! I noticed that when OUR dryer broke....I was desperate for something to read and it was nothing but women's fashion magazines....thankfully I brought my zune.....

I like that comforter set. You got a great deal. I absolutely love shopping at Kohl's.

So I guess I am the only person who read the title as guy? WTH is wrong with me? :rotfl:

I had to go back in look to make sure I wrote what I thought I wrote! ;)
Anyway, I got the paint I wanted. I never thought I would have to paint the same room twice in two days! :sad2:

This is the other one I got for the spring thaw (pale khaki green room)

http://www.home-decorating-co.com/dockers-bedding-sterling-plaid.html

Now I have to pick out carpeting and I am done for this month! Next month the upstairs bathroom.

My brother was at the laundromat and talked with a guy who was having the most relaxing time in a long while. Their dryer was broke and the choice between his wife and himself was sit at the laundromat for two hours or take the kids to the movies, saturday afternoon movies!!!

He won.

MIkeeee

and if they think they will not be caught guys will check out those mags. Mostly looking at the pics. Hehehehheeee

http://www.home-decorating-co.com/dockers-bedding-sterling-plaid.html[/url]

Now I have to pick out carpeting and I am done for this month! Next month the upstairs bathroom.

I like that one too. The colors are very calming. It sounds like you are on a roll with the bedding, painting, and carpeting. It's smart to get everything done over several months. I usually tackle one or two things a year.

I was walking though Macy's the other day with a female coworker. I passed a dining room table that was on sale, stopped, and did a double take. I called my wife and texted her a picture. 45 minutes later, my wife was in the store and we bought the table. My coworker was in awe of how quickly we decided to purchase the table. She said she and her husband would have take MONTHS to decided on a table.

Did you actually look IN the magazines? Are you sure it was not the old Family-Circle-cover-on-the-Playboy-magazine trick?

Because I'm a guy I'd have been asking you if those colors of paint would work. DW informs me I don't really see colors correctly. I guess I'm more or less color blind.

Usually when I go to a store, I know what it is I want to buy so I make the purchase and leave. If there is any agonizing over which thing to buy, that will be done prior to leaving the house.:)

The place was filled with women's magazines; Redbook, Family Circle, Woman's Day, etc. I was the ONLY woman in the laundromat. All the rest of the patrons were men. Whats the matter with Popular Science, Car and Driver, etc?

Nowadays young men , like my 20 something son who does laundry at a laundromat, are looking at downloaded shows on their I Phones. I doubt any young men even read magazines-they're so passe' for that age group.
:groom:

Stone cold sober and I slept all night......I still read the title as "because I am gay." Maybe I need some caffeine huh?::yes::

Nowadays young men , like my 20 something son who does laundry at a laundromat, are looking at downloaded shows on their I Phones. I doubt any young men even read magazines-they're so passe' for that age group.
:groom:

Not just that, my husband reads what he wants to read then chucks the magazine in the recycling bin. I tend to hang on to magazines to pass on to friends or because I want to save an article or because I simply haven't finished it yet. Then, when they start piling up I "donate" them here and there. I don't really read "women's" magazines, though, unless gardening magazines count. And I HATE to get rid of my National Geographics. Eventually I give them to the neighbor who teaches fourth grade for her classroom.

I can't pick colors quickly. I have been agonizing for months over my dining room. My husband has no opinion whatsoever and is sick of looking at the paint chips on the walls.

When I go into a store I usually know what I want and that's about it. I would stress a bit over color because I'm colorblind. I see color, but just the basics and get confused very easily. I know what looks good to me, but that can be dangerous. When I was still working, if I dressed myself for work without my wife checking me, I would often get a dirty look when I got home. I couldn't always match the right tie to the shirt to the pants, etc.. Everyone at work just knew it was one of those days I dressed myself. Hey, it looked good to me!

Matching paint to the color of a comforter is not a guy thing. Actually, matching colors for just about anything isn't a guy thing. If it's somewhere in the ballpark, it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter