Becky & Jason's Fairy Tale wedding 9/3/11 on Long Island - *complete*

Jewelry Update!

So I got to David's Bridal before the snow storm and got my necklace/earring set! I went with the crystal one, not the pearl one - so the second picture from up above. When I tried them on the pearl one just looked a little too plain. Here are some pictures:

Here's the set in the box:

P1040114.jpg

And here is the necklace on me. It's a bit dark because I took it without the flash. When I took it with the flash on my skin looked so white I looked like a mannequin! :lmao:

P1040111.jpg

Anyhow, I'm pretty happy with it. Next up will be experimenting with the magnets I ordered and seeing if I can make a decent pair of earrings that I can actually wear!

Our headbands are VERY similar!!!!! Did you get it at David's Bridal?

I know a lot of brides bash DB, but I have had such a great experience with them across the board at two different stores. I got my dress, veil, headpiece, and bracelet from them. My MOH, flower girl, and mother got their dresses from there as well. I have been more than satisfied with their customer service, as well.

Regarding your jewelry, I really like the first set from David's Bridal!

I actually got my headband at AC Moore, but when I was in David's Bridal I saw one that looked JUST like it. So I bet I saw the one that you have! I've also been really happy with everything I've done with DB so far. And it's really nice to have a cheaper option for wedding attire and what not, because if they didn't exist I'd either be getting married in a non-wedding dress or cutting about 20 people from the guest list!

And as you'll see, the first set from DB is the one I went with! I think it looks even better in person than in the picture.

I love all of your plans!!! I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I love your jewelry. I will definitely look at David's Bridal for jewelry!!!

Loving that necklace! Looks beautiful! I might need to pop by DB! I never thought to look there for jewelry!

Looks great!!! I can't wait to see it all come together :)

It's beautiful!! I love it!!

I love all of your plans!!! I can't wait to see how everything turns out. I love your jewelry. I will definitely look at David's Bridal for jewelry!!!

Loving that necklace! Looks beautiful! I might need to pop by DB! I never thought to look there for jewelry!

Thank you all so much! And did I mention that the set was only $20? Can't really beat DB, I've gotten some great stuff there at fantastic prices!

Invitations

We are looking into ordering invitations now. We have pretty much picked out the style. Here's what we are planning to order:

invitations.jpg

That's pretty much set. I had been looking into a number of different invitations and ordered a bunch of samples. Many of the ones I got looked kinda cheap, or were just printed on regular paper and I could've made nicer ones myself. But these look even better in person than in the picture, they've got the "shiny" raised text and everything.

Now we need to figure out wording. It's complicated a little because there are a lot of people chipping in - my parents are paying some of it, his parents are divorced and both his mom and his dad are helping, and we're paying for some of it ourselves. Plus, to make things more confusing - his dad is remarried to a woman that kept her own last name, but his mom never remarried and kept his dad's name. I know it's difficult to follow, and to put all of that on an invitation would just be too confusing! :confused: So I think it's better to go with the "together with our families" route.

The other thing is I'd like to just stick the information for the reception at the end of the main invitation, instead of doing a separate card. It just seems unnecessary to me. I'm trying to figure out what that will look like.

Option #1
Together with their families
Rebecca A. K.
and
Jason S.G.
request the honor of your presence
At their marriage
on Saturday, the third of September
Two Thousand and Eleven
at three o'clock in the afternoon
Church
Address
Town, NY

Reception to follow
at five o'clock in the afternoon
Address
Town, NY

Option #2
Just like a page out of a fairy tale
the storybook romance comes true...
Rebecca A. K.
and
Jason S. G.
request the honour of your presence
Saturday, the third of September
two thousand and eleven
Church
Address
Town, NY

Reception to follow
At five o'clock in the afternoon
Address
Town, NY

Option #3
Together with their parents
Rebecca A.K.
and
Jason S.G.
have chosen the first day
of their new life together
as Saturday, the third of September
two thousand eleven
You are invited to share in their joy
as they exchange marriage vows
Church
address
town, NY
Reception at five o'clock in the afternoon
Address
Town, NY

Option #4
Together with their parents
Rebecca A.K.
and
Jason S.G.
joyfully invite you to share
in their happiness
as they unite in marriage
two thousand eleven
Church
Address
Town, NY
Reception to follow
Address
Town, NY

Do you think that's too much on one card? We are limited to 17 lines on the invitation. I mean, not only is it another $50 for reception cards, but the weight of the envelopes will go up, plus we're putting in direction cards to the reception hall, hotel, and church, and how many little pieces of paper do you really want in one envelope?? Has anyone else done their wording or have any suggestions?

DF might think that second one is a little cheesy, I dunno.

Invitations

We are looking into ordering invitations now. We have pretty much picked out the style. Here's what we are planning to order:

invitations.jpg

That's pretty much set. I had been looking into a number of different invitations and ordered a bunch of samples. Many of the ones I got looked kinda cheap, or were just printed on regular paper and I could've made nicer ones myself. But these look even better in person than in the picture, they've got the "shiny" raised text and everything.

Now we need to figure out wording. It's complicated a little because there are a lot of people chipping in - my parents are paying some of it, his parents are divorced and both his mom and his dad are helping, and we're paying for some of it ourselves. Plus, to make things more confusing - his dad is remarried to a woman that kept her own last name, but his mom never remarried and kept his dad's name. I know it's difficult to follow, and to put all of that on an invitation would just be too confusing! :confused: So I think it's better to go with the "together with our families" route.

The other thing is I'd like to just stick the information for the reception at the end of the main invitation, instead of doing a separate card. It just seems unnecessary to me. I'm trying to figure out what that will look like.

Rebecca A. K.
and
Jason S.G.
request the honor of your presence
At their marriage
Two Thousand and Eleven
Church
Address
Town, NY

Reception to follow
at five o'clock in the afternoon
Address
Town, NY

Just like a page out of a fairy tale
the storybook romance comes true...
Rebecca A. K.
and
Jason S. G.
request the honour of your presence
Saturday, the third of September
two thousand and eleven
Church
Address
Town, NY

Reception to follow
Address
Town, NY

Do you think that's too much on one card? I mean, not only is it another $50 for reception cards, but the weight of the envelopes will go up, plus we're putting in direction cards to the reception hall, hotel, and church, and how many little pieces of paper do you really want in one envelope?? Has anyone else done their wording or have any suggestions?

DF might think that second one is a little cheesy, I dunno.

I don't think you need a separate card, I have seen invitations with both ceremony and reception on the same card, as long as there is enough space it should be fine. We are using "together with our families" as well. My parents are divorced and us, my parents, and Scott's parents are paying for the wedding so it was definitely easier to do it that way for us. I don't think it's too cheesy to use the second one. I have seen many people use "Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale." Do whatever is best for the both of you, but I think what you got looks pretty good :)

I don't think you need a separate card, I have seen invitations with both ceremony and reception on the same card, as long as there is enough space it should be fine. We are using "together with our families" as well. My parents are divorced and us, my parents, and Scott's parents are paying for the wedding so it was definitely easier to do it that way for us. I don't think it's too cheesy to use the second one. I have seen many people use "Every once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale." Do whatever is best for the both of you, but I think what you got looks pretty good :)

I agree!! :)

Plus # 2 is my favorite!! :goodvibes

I agree with Vicki as well!! And the wording isn't cheesy, but you know how silly guys are :)

I love option number 2 but you guys should go with whatever you like the best. I completely understand about weird family dynamics. My mom is helping us with the wedding and so is DF's mom but my dad is a wackadoo and if we put them on the invite and not him it will turn into a big dilemma so we are leaving families out completely.

I also agree with Vicki your page needs some flair!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Mr. Creepo strikes again. LOL!!!

Thanks for everyone's input! I really like the line that you mentioned as well, so I've added that to the list. I now have 5 choices and would really be okay with any of them, so I'm going to give the list to DF and see if he has a preference. I like the ones that have a little verse about a fairy tale or whatever, but the invitation does say "Dreams Come True" on the front, so it's not like there won't be anything written anyway. We shall see what he thinks!

Thought your page needed a little flair:dancer::thumbsup2

I love option number 2 but you guys should go with whatever you like the best. I completely understand about weird family dynamics. My mom is helping us with the wedding and so is DF's mom but my dad is a wackadoo and if we put them on the invite and not him it will turn into a big dilemma so we are leaving families out completely.

You guys make me laugh so hard with this!! I have to show DF Mr. Creepo somehow, I think he will really appreciate it... Thank you!!

:dancer:

Haha! When I first showed Brian mr. creepo, he just stared at him for a minute. Then he said, well he is kind of mesmerizing. Now he just shakes his head at all my laughing

Thought your page needed a little flair:dancer::thumbsup2

Thanks for everyone's input! I really like the line that you mentioned as well, so I've added that to the list. I now have 5 choices and would really be okay with any of them, so I'm going to give the list to DF and see if he has a preference. I like the ones that have a little verse about a fairy tale or whatever, but the invitation does say "Dreams Come True" on the front, so it's not like there won't be anything written anyway. We shall see what he thinks!

You guys make me laugh so hard with this!! I have to show DF Mr. Creepo somehow, I think he will really appreciate it... Thank you!!

Haha! When I first showed Brian mr. creepo, he just stared at him for a minute. Then he said, well he is kind of mesmerizing. Now he just shakes his head at all my laughing

LOL MR. CREEPO! Oh how I love thee!! :dancer:

I think he is only understood by fellow Disney brides... :lmao:

So last night I was talking to DF on the phone, and he says to me, "I have to tell you about your birthday present." And at first I had no idea what was going on, because my birthday isn't until April! He then explained to me that for my birthday he wants to take me to a dance studio and have one pre-wedding dance session so we can at least get a little choreography for our first dance and we don't look super awkward. It's sooo sweet because that's something I really wanted to do, but we don't really have the money for it. I love dancing, and I took a beginner's ballroom dance class when I studied abroad at Oxford, so I'm really excited to do this! But we still haven't picked a first dance song. One of the places he was looking into said they do a consultation first and will discuss your song with you, so maybe they can help us come up with something? I want it to have meaning, though. I even tried to give DF a CD of several songs that I felt represented our relationship, but he's not super excited about any of them...

So now we're looking into a few different dance studios!

Awww...what a sweetie!!! I want to do something like this with Scott as well, love the boy to death, but he can't dance a lick! lol. That's awesome girl that will be super fun :)

I know, he is so sweet! And the other good news is that I get to see him this weekend! I'm not sure I mentioned it but we live about an hour away and he doesn't have a car, so we don't get to see each other very often. But tomorrow I'm driving up there. I haven't seen him for about three weeks so I'm super excited, can't wait to see him!

Awww...what a sweetie!!! I want to do something like this with Scott as well, love the boy to death, but he can't dance a lick! lol. That's awesome girl that will be super fun :)

Awww I agree! That is so sweet!! :)

I know, he is so sweet! And the other good news is that I get to see him this weekend! I'm not sure I mentioned it but we live about an hour away and he doesn't have a car, so we don't get to see each other very often. But tomorrow I'm driving up there. I haven't seen him for about three weeks so I'm super excited, can't wait to see him!

Haha.. I think me and DF will do the rocking back and forth, and an occasional twirl... lol our song we chose usually tears me up, so I will probably be buried in his shoulder!

Do you guys have the same musical taste? I know the song we chose we both really enjoy the band- and the song is just sweet. Do you want it Disney related or just something about love and your relationship?

Also doesn't distance totally make you love DF and appreciate him even more? :goodvibes Me and DF have been together almost 7 years and two of those years were long distance, so it's rough- but if you make it work it works! :)

LOL... maybe your DF got the idea for your birthday dance lessons from seeing THIS! :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter