Bed rails

DeeCeeSW

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Splitting my stay at POR and Poly and was wondering if the bedrails they provide are mesh or the older, less safe type (metal?). I anticipate that my DS will not sleep in the Pack n Play!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info., Belle! It's good to know that they are mesh. My DS tends to roll off the end of the bed, not the sides, so this trip should be very interesting!

Does anyone know whether you have to request these in advance or they have a big enough supply to do it at check in. We're going the week before Christmas and DS2 could really use them. One less thing to bring with.

We have always asked for them at chekin and rec'd them. Actually, on our first trip that DD was out of the pack and play, I didn't even know they had the bedrail option. The CM that checked us in had them sent to our room and they were there before we were! We have always gotten the mesh ones.

This December DD #2 will be just short of 1, but I think that we are going to use the bed rails and let her sleep with one of us. The pack and play takes up so much room. We will be at POFQ.

Add your bedrail request to your reservation with CRO and also remind the castmember at check-in. I don't think Disney has enough bedrails to go around because last April we didn't get them until almost midnight! :eek: My husband made about 15 phone calls until they finally brought them.

Will call to add them right now -- that's for the reply!

At both Riverside and FQ we ended up pushing one of the beds against the wall and put our DS in that bed with one of us on the other side. That won't help much if they go off the end. Our problem has been off the side. The only bad things about this is that you can see the difference in carpet. I just called housekeeping when we checked in and asked them to please stop by and vacumn the floor in that area. They have always been great. And, it works for us.

dcedwards--thanks for your advice. I guess I will push the bed against the wall as well, sleep on the other side and put one rail at the end of the bed. Hope it stays attached and works effectively. I really have no other choice. My DS is used to his crib and would sleep in anything that has bars, not the Pack N Play. This should be an adventure!

DeeCeeSW, have you tried having your son sleep in a Pack N Play? I am asking because I didn't think my son would sleep in one, and he slept in it no problem the whole week we were there! I think he was just so tired that he'd have slept anywhere! We brought Pack N Play sheets from home (washed at home - familiar scent) and made sure his favorite bunny was in the Pack N Play, and he just went to sleep. Good luck with whatever sleeping arrangement works and have a great time!

We were in Albany and Montreal recently and tried to get our DS to sleep in the PnP and he refused! One of the hotels actually had a crib and that worked well. My understanding is that the Disney resorts no longer provide regular cribs due to safety concerns, so our only choice is to try the bed rails!

We were there this spring and had a regular crib. In fact, the only places we've gotten Pack N Plays was in the DVC rooms. The cribs we've had were plenty large for our fairly tall 2 year old DD.

ahutton--When I spoke with CRO they said that Disney resorts no longer provide regular cribs. My reservation confirmation says guaranteed crib, "not full size."

Again, I am splitting my stay between POR and Poly. Should I ask mousekeeping for a regular crib when I arrive????

DeeCeeSW: If you need a full crib at a Disney Resort, check with A Baby's Best Friend in Orlando www.abbf.com I have used them before and they are awesome! I don't know what Disney's "safety concerns" are over full size cribs, but this company has them, even free delivery and setup. I was extremely pleased with everything and so very thankful I found them.

Have a great trip!
:wave:

Thanks for the link to the site, Waggy! The price to rent a crib seems very reasonable. Glad to know that I have another option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter