• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beer mug on B2B cruise

Figment_Fan

DIS Veteran
I have been trying to look up information on this and have, as usual when I have a question, found conflicting information.
If I buy a mug on the first cruise, can I use that mug on the second? I really don't want 2 mugs as luggage weight may be a question.

I have been trying to look up information on this and have, as usual when I have a question, found conflicting information.
If I buy a mug on the first cruise, can I use that mug on the second? I really don't want 2 mugs as luggage weight may be a question.

Unless something has changed recently, yes, you can. You can even bring a mug back from a prior cruise that isn't part of a B2B. Also, there are tokens you can exchange the beer mug for so you don't have carry the mug with you. Give the token to the bartender and he'll give you a mug, then ask for a token in exchange for the mug when you're done with your beer.

Yes, get the token, much easier to carry and you can bring it back for future cruises. If you want to take the mug home at the very end of your trip, just keep it.

Thank you. I was hoping to just get the token between cruises that way I don't have to worry about the mug as we change over. We have the same room on both cruises and I'm hoping not to have to take our stuff off.

Thank you. I was hoping to just get the token between cruises that way I don't have to worry about the mug as we change over. We have the same room on both cruises and I'm hoping not to have to take our stuff off.

If you are in the same room, there will be no need to pack between cruises. You will need to disembark and go through customs, then go to check in for the second cruise. B2B cruisers will be the first allowed to board.

You'll likely have no problems whatever you do, although "in theory" I believe that this is a once per cruise offer.

If you are going to want a beer prior to other guests boarding, I would just stuff the mug in your luggage and leave it in the room, or put it in your day bag. Mug=no questions asked.

If you're OK with waiting until noon or so, the token will also work.

Got my token on the Wonder in 2011.
Will be using it again on the Fantasy in less than a month!

When I handed the bartender the token on embarkation day last time, he said "I see you've figured out the system by now". 8-)

Available through the Onboard Gifts link in the DCL web site. The mug, or token, gets you a discount on beer onboard.

Available through the Onboard Gifts link in the DCL web site. The mug, or token, gets you a discount on beer onboard.
No reason to purchase in advance. Available at any of the bars once onboard, as well as from any of the crew cast members selling water, soft-sided coolers, beer packages, and mugs on the deck by Cabanas or in the Promenade lounge (plus other locations that I’ve noticed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter