Beginning of December - OKW or SSR?

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Hi everyone,

In a few days, I will be booking a trip for the beginning of December. This year, I would like to stay at either Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. Would you recommend a studio at Old Key West for 76 points or a studio at Saratoga Springs for 90 points?

Thanks!

If one resort wasn't standing out then I'd first consider if I wanted the 2 beds at OKW or the bed/sofa arrangement at SSR. Then I'd think about theme and resort amenities. I'd also think about how many points I had to use and if I needed the 14 additional points for a later trip.

We've enjoyed our stays at both resorts so it's hard for me to just recommend one over the other for the studios but the above are some of the differences I'd consider.

As much as I love both resorts, I would prefer the studio at BWV. They layout alone merits my reasoning. OKW studios remind me of a really nice motel room. To watch tv, you have to sit on the beds or chairs, no sofa. BWV has a sofa, room is smaller, but laid out to seem bigger. Plus being walking distance to 2 parks has its perks also.
Now if you were in a 1 bed or 2 bed, OKW for room alone, hands down.

SSR will likely be available, OKW might be. Either would serve your purposes fine. OKW has the larger room and two queen beds which many prefer. However, just as many like having the bed and pull-out couch arrangement of SSR to allow more space in the room during the day. As to suggestion above for BWV, that would be more points and its chances of being available at 7 months out for first week of Dec are slim to none.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter