• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beginning of June Crowds...

We will be at AKL from June 3rd to the 13th and I have been watching the up and down from TP on our days. We have done 3 of our 4 trips during this period and I have never seen the crowds that TP is predicting right now. I assumed a lot of people think Toy Story would be open and some hoping that they will have soft test opening. From my perspective TSL looks interesting but nothing to get to excited about. Now when Star Wars opens that's a different story.

We’ll be there from 6/2 -6/8. Doing a split bwv/akl stay with akv Jambo 6/5-6/8. Doing lots of pool time there. I’m tentatively skipping hs this time although my dgd15 and her bff are going while we’re at bwv. The only thing I care to do there again is tot

TP recently just released a bunch of crowd changes for our trip, June 2-10, mainly going up. I'm not sure why. MK on 6/4 is a 10, over all resort is a 9. Seems way too high. On the other end, HS had a day that went from a 7 to a 2. What??? No idea...
We've gone in early June multiple times. Always forget just what a sea of humanity it is, but if you have a good plan, you should do fine, minus a misstep or two. The one plan issue with our last trip was Pirates at 10am. It was supposed to be like 15 minutes but ended up being 45 for some reason. Things like that might get you, just be prepared and go with the flow.

This will be our 3rd June trip. The last one was for Star Wars weekends in early June. This year we are going June 3-17.

Yep it will be hot (but we survived last August), but I haven't thought crowds were too bad early June. It is very nice to have plans for afternoon heat/storms (resort break, late lunch in A/C or planned indoor shows).

I am just wishing they would go back to REAL summer hours where parks were open past 9 pm. Even MK now closes at 10 with a single late EMH to midnight. We used to love the 2-3 am EMH times!

We will be there 6/7-6/15. I was hoping tons of people would postpone their trips for TSL. I think it should be manageable. I plan on early mornings, mid day break and back at night.

We will be there 6/11-6/20 for our honeymoon and I'm just excited to get to be there so we will manage crowds no matter what they are!

I know that first week used to be Gay Days in Orlando. In past years that was a no go since it really ratcheted the crowds up. Has that changed? I know people used to avoid that week like the plague because the crowds were through the roof. I'm just wondering, if it has changed, that might be a time we could see going in the future.

It's the heat and humidity that start to ramp up. That's what makes crowds feel even worse. I think numbers wise, the crowd is manageable. Same as it always is. Crowded but if you plan it's fine. Good to plan for the weather as that really impacts how people feel.

For my family, missing school is not an option so June 2 - June 10 time frame are the next best time. Many schools do not get out across the country until after the first week in June, and you miss the main wave of gay days. Unless you go during school, its going to be crowded but early June is better than other options. My family has been to Disney several times and my kids are all teenagers now so its easier on us than with little ones as we can go early or stay late fairly easy, but we find that the Park Hopper Plus plan pays for itself as we can hit our fast passes, go to a water park, go back to the hotel or switch to a less crowded park. What we try very hard not to do is stand in an a line over 59 minutes... we just come early or late and do something else in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter