Being in the US election

And, in the context of the OP's question... *IF* the worst were to happen and things were to go horribly sideways, even if everything was perfectly safe within the WDW bubble of the park and its resorts... one does need to eventually *get home*, which is well over 1000 miles away.
EXACTLY! The issues we had at the border happened when we were trying to get HOME! I think we need to be cognizant of everything when we travel, not just the final destination.

I think visiting the US is a lot like these boards. No discussion of politics, religion or money.

There are going to be risks traveling anywhere. For the USA I'd be more worried about being caught up in 'an act of hate' directed towards the USA because of current geopolitical tensions.

That being said, I have travelled to the US before a few recent elections (2016, 2018, 2022) and if I ever did get asked about American politics my answer was always some version of 'well I'm Canadian and have not paid enough attention to the issues and arguments of your election so cannot give an informed opinion one way or another' and it was left at that.

I have travelled to the US before a few recent elections (2016, 2018, 2022) and if I ever did get asked about American politics my answer was always some version of 'well I'm Canadian and have not paid enough attention to the issues and arguments of your election so cannot give an informed opinion one way or another' and it was left at that.
This is the way… If I’m not trying to have a discussion I usually just say “don’t know, don’t care”

if I ever did get asked about American politics my answer was always some version of 'well I'm Canadian and have not paid enough attention to the issues and arguments of your election so cannot give an informed opinion one way or another' and it was left at that.
Agree that's the smart approach for travel anywhere including the US. Although my experience at WDW differs as I've had very friendly and curious Americans next to me in restaurants or in lines ask me where I'm from and then really press for a political discussion. The vibe being extremely open and genuinely wanting to know what a Canadian viewpoint may be. Every time Americans have initiated a discussion they have come from a position of true confidence and thought it interesting to hear an outsiders pov. Like everything, your comfort level and reading the room is the guide. Of course, others could overhear or feel they're forced to listen esp in a long line and be less than thrilled. For the next year or so, I'll def pull in the horns and politely avoid those chats. Perhaps better for another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter