Best 1 day scooter rental?

Mrs.LauraSmith

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disney (staying on property) with only 1 day in the parks. My husband should be fine without a scooter for the rest of the trip since we can go back to the room and he can rest periodically but in the park, he will definitely need a scooter. We are flying in so will need our scooter delivered to the hotel. Does this mean that our only option is Scooter Bug? Are there any other companies who will deliver to your resort (we are happy to meet them downstairs) and don’t charge for a full week? In the past we had used Buena Vista but I was reading on here that they don’t deliver to the resorts anymore. Is that true? I also see that they have a 3 day minimum so that won’t work for us. Would love to know if there are any other options.

Last edited:
ScooterBug is the only vendor allowed to utilize Bell Services at WDW-owned resorts. All other vendors will deliver to the resort but must be met by the guest in person. Some vendors have a set delivery schedule while others will schedule based on the guest’s timeline. Your biggest challenge may be finding a 1-day rental as many require a minimum 2- or 3-day. But call some vendors to see if they can help.

You might just want to rent in park ones probably much cheaper

A couple of warnings. First, it can be a hike from your resort to the park itself where your husband may be "wiped" before even getting to the part. More importantly, there is no guarantee that the park will have any scooters available. They have a limited number and when the park runs out, they are out. I think it would be better to rent at the resort. AS others have said, check the minimum rental policy for the scooter companies. Scooterbug may be your best bet. I typically use Gold Mobility but they charge a weekly rate even if only using a single day.

Last edited:
We are heading to Disney (staying on property) with only 1 day in the parks. My husband should be fine without a scooter for the rest of the trip since we can go back to the room and he can rest periodically but in the park, he will definitely need a scooter. We are flying in so will need our scooter delivered to the hotel. Does this mean that our only option is Scooter Bug? Are there any other companies who will deliver to your resort (we are happy to meet them downstairs) and don’t charge for a full week? In the past we had used Buena Vista but I was reading on here that they don’t deliver to the resorts anymore. Is that true? I also see that they have a 3 day minimum so that won’t work for us. Would love to know if there are any other options.
If he needs a scooter to get from the room to the park then Scooterbug seems your best bet. If he can make it to the park and you can get there early in the morning, I'd go with a park rental. If he got a lemon of a scooter as a park rental you might be able to swap it if they still had rentals available. If you rent offsite and have problems with it, it's going to take a big part of your day away to deal with that.

I rented from Scooterbug a few weeks ago (short trip 3-4 days) and the first scooter they gave me was awful - dangerous to use cause it rolled uncontrollably on ramps and there were times I didn't think I could get it going again. I am an experienced ECV user and I wasn't doing as much my first day so I made it work. They never offered to come and replace it the same day. The replacement was fine but I wasn't able to get it until the second day.

You might just want to rent in park ones probably much cheaper
We considered this but won’t be able to make it to the parks before 10:30/11. At that point it’s a pretty big risk from what I understand and we need to know for sure we will have one.

A couple of warnings. First, it can be a hike from your resort to the park itself where your husband may be "wiped" before even getting to the part. More importantly, there is not guarantee that the park will have any scooters available. They have a limited number and when the park runs out, they are out. I think it would be better to rent at the resort. AS others have said, check the minimum rental policy for the scooter companies. Scooterbug may be your best bet. I typically use Gold Mobility but they charge a weekly rate even if only using a single day.
Right. We won’t be doing the park ones as our arrival time will be too late. I have googled but am not sure who is reputable, well liked, etc so that’s why I turned here first for answers. Would love to hear any good companies that people have used successfully for a one day rental. I had checked Gold after searching this site but found the same info you mentioned.

Last edited:
Gold is well like but as mentioned, pay for a week regardless of use. Buena Vista scooters and Walker Mobility also get mentioned a lot. Saying that, with any company other than scooterbug, you need to meet the scooter company representative to both pickup and dropoff the scooter. If you are doing one day, that takes time out of your limited time at Disney. In your situation, I would go with Scooterbug assuming they do a one day rental for the convenience of having it available at bell services and dropping it back off with bell services. You can get a "lemon" scooter with any company but the odds are pretty good in your favor that the scooter you get will be fine.

The minimum rental is needed to absorb the meet n greet delivery costs.
You might get a deal if you're able to pick up and return at the vendors location. That assumes you'll have a suitable vehicle.

Scooterbug will charge you an extra day if you don't return it prior to the pick up time at the resort. You can return at any time but you'll probably wind up having to pay for 2 days.

Gold is well like but as mentioned, pay for a week regardless of use. Buena Vista scooters and Walker Mobility also get mentioned a lot. Saying that, with any company other than scooterbug, you need to meet the scooter company representative to both pickup and dropoff the scooter. If you are doing one day, that takes time out of your limited time at Disney. In your situation, I would go with Scooterbug assuming they do a one day rental for the convenience of having it available at bell services and dropping it back off with bell services. You can get a "lemon" scooter with any company but the odds are pretty good in your favor that the scooter you get will be fine.
My biggest concern is getting a lemon or one with a battery that doesn’t last all day. We will be doing Magic Kingdom from about 11am to midnight. I’ll need something reliable and with a very good battery life. Meeting someone downstairs at our hotel doesn’t bother me so much since we plan to be there anyway for the rest of our 4 day trip. But being stuck in the park and having to sit somewhere to charge a battery OR trying to exchange a scooter and having to leave the park to do so…that would REALLY bother me since we are paying so much for our one day ticket. My hope is to find a very reliable scooter with a good battery life that can be rented for one day only.

The minimum rental is needed to absorb the meet n greet delivery costs.
You might get a deal if you're able to pick up and return at the vendors location. That assumes you'll have a suitable vehicle.

Scooterbug will charge you an extra day if you don't return it prior to the pick up time at the resort. You can return at any time but you'll probably wind up having to pay for 2 days.
We don’t have a vehicle so we will need someone to drop off and pick up. I’m assuming as long as we don’t use it for more than 24 hours and meet for pickup the following morning we shouldn’t have an issue with paying for a second day right?

We don’t have a vehicle so we will need someone to drop off and pick up. I’m assuming as long as we don’t use it for more than 24 hours and meet for pickup the following morning we shouldn’t have an issue with paying for a second day right?
Unless something has changed Scooterbug uses calendar days not clock days. Returning it after the pickup time means Scooterbug can't rent it the second day.
A 2 or 3 day rental from Buena Vista may be your best option.

Unless something has changed Scooterbug uses calendar days not clock days. Returning it after the pickup time means Scooterbug can't rent it the second day.
A 2 or 3 day rental from Buena Vista may be your best option.
We will need it for 13 hours. If they drop it off in the morning are you saying they would expect to pick it up that same calendar day?

Looks like someone moved it over for me? Is that possible?
Yes, it looks like a TPAS moderator moved it for you. No worries! :welcome: to the disABILITIES Forum!

We will need it for 13 hours. If they drop it off in the morning are you saying they would expect to pick it up that same calendar day?
I suggest you contact ScooterBug to ask your specific questions. Since they use Bell Services, they may just allow the unit to be re-assigned to another guest. You can contact them without putting in a rental; the phone number is on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter