Best beach in Cozumel?

DisneyCruiseluvr

Can't wait to go on our next DCL cruise!!!
Hi,

Just wondering what past Western cruisers' opinions are regarding their favorite beach in Cozumel. Please share which is your favorite beach and why.

Thanks!

:cool:

Depends on if you like sand or sea life... crowds or solitude, etc.

We snorkeled at Dzul Ha, and had the place nearly to ourselves. Then we drove our rental to the East side of the island to enjoy the secluded beaches, blowholes, and eating establishments.

We live close to some of the nicest beaches on earth, so we were not interested in sand - just sea life and scenery.

Check out: http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches.html

We did the Playa del Sol through DCL. We loved it. Clean, good food, good service, etc.

We enjoyed Mr. Sanchos alot. There are lots of shaded tables that you can use for free. The beach is clean and wasn't overcrowded. They also have a hot tub, restaurant (with awesome food) waverunners, which my dh and ds loved, horseback riding, restrooms and showers. We were there all day and would go back again.The only downside was all the vendors as you walk in hawking their stuff and they don't know what "no thank you" means.

Coolmom02,

I've heard good things about Mr. Sanchos and it sounds <b>GREAT</b> after you described it. Do they charge an entrance fee? Sounds like the locals aren't happy about some of the popular beaches charging entrance fees. I'm glad to know that there are a lot of good beaches there that are still free to enjoy with lots of great amenities.

Thanks to jfis1020 and GenieDana for your feedback too!

There is no entrance fee which is nice. They won't let you bring in your own food though. But don't hesitate to order food there. We had guacamole and chips and chicken fajitas and they were great. They have a website at www.mrsanchos.com.

We did end up going to the Mr. Sanchos beach for the day. It was <b>great</b>! The service was <b>VERY</b> slow, but the food was excellent!!!

The beach was very nice and I was surprised to see how far out in the water we could go and still be able to stand up! Very safe for children.

The cab ride there for our family of four cost $ 15.00 each way.

Another vote for Mr. Sanchos here! My little boy and I loved it there. The sand was so clean and soft, the water was gorgeous, it wasn't crowded at all, and it cost sooooo much less than the alternatives.

Also, there was a lady who was sitting near us on the beach who decided to walk down to the Playa Sol beach. (Just down the way) She said that it was literally chair-to-chair-to-chair of people. She said there must have been 3 cruise ships' worth of people on that beach, and you could hardly see sand for all the crowds. BLEH. That made me even more glad we went to Mr. Sancho's. :)

-gina-

While I agree that Mr. Sanchos was a beautiful beach, a few of us who went during the July 5th cruise had problems with overcharging from the restaurant and bar. I would still go, but I would be very careful, keep track of what your order and check your bill before paying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter