Best floor at BLT lake view

alnem112

Mouseketeer
We will be going w 2 kids age 4 and 1 and also my parents. Is the 5 th floor good? Easy access to the bridge to Contemporary? North side even # rooms can see somewhat get a view of fireworks but can you also see the light parade? We will be in a 2 bedroom villa.

alnem112 said:
We will be going w 2 kids age 4 and 1 and also my parents. Is the 5 th floor good? Easy access to the bridge to Contemporary? North side even # rooms can see somewhat get a view of fireworks but can you also see the light parade? We will be in a 2 bedroom villa.

You can't see the light parade from any room that will have a view of the MK fireworks.

We stayed in a dedicated lake view two bedroom and got 7402.. a very north facing lake view. There were a lot of trees straight ahead and very little lake. You had to either look left for the fireworks or look right to see actual lake. I really enjoyed watching wishes from our room so much so I think I'd book theme park view in the future. Here's my room tour :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMSExi-sbO8&list=PLA3AA8F1C0B1937B6&index=26

The only rooms you can see the electrical parade from are the rooms ending in -44 (which are lake view dedicated 2BR and on the south side of BLT. Rooms ending in -02 are 2br dedicated lake view and you can see the MK fireworks as these rooms are the farthest north (-44 is the last room on the south and-02 are the last rooms on the north). Unfortunately, there's no rooms that you can see both from. For the outside rooms (even numbers) it's also worth noting that the 2br's closest to the elevator are HA rooms so definitely something to know before making that request. The higher you are, the better the view. Most DVC guides recommend floors 7 and above. Access to the skyway bridge isn't really an issue as you just hop on the elevator and ride down. Both of the outside 2br lake view rooms (-02 and -44) are the same distance really.

I've also heard from the guides that same people report that the odd numbered rooms (the ones that face the pool) are smaller than the even numbered rooms. The unfortunate part of tat is that there are way more odd numbered dedicated 2br lake view than there are even numbered 2br dedicated lake view rooms. If you think about the horseshoe, the outside rooms in the Middle of the U are classified MK view. But the ones inside that (think across the hall) are lake view which is why there's way more on the inside than outside.

Last update- you won't be able to make a room request that specific via online check in but if you call MS they will leave a note on your reservation. It's not guaranteed but at least they'll know. While arbitrarily assigning rooms.

We had a 1 bedroom lake view room on the 5th floor and the location was fantastic. Our view was great too. We could see the pool, lake and water pageant. The access to the walkway to the CR was great! I would request the 5th floor.

I like the south tower, lake view, high floor, outside view overlooking the Contemporary marina

Go higher if you can. The higher the floor the better the view. Thus, don't ask for 5, ask for "high floor." There is minimal to no added convenience to having the walkway on 5 and being on 5. That walkway begins right next to the elevators in the south tower and thus is easily accessible from any floor.

Is there a special lake view to ask for so I am not looking into other people's rooms? I am booking soon today (7 months out) and my first choice (GF LV studio) and second choice (BLT theme park view) already don't have my week open. Last time we did BLT lake view we were but the curve of the inner "C" and had a pool/lake view but also other people's balconies! That was a 1 BR though. I'd much rather be looking mostly at lake.
Daisyx3

Is there a special lake view to ask for so I am not looking into other people's rooms? I am booking soon today (7 months out) and my first choice (GF LV studio) and second choice (BLT theme park view) already don't have my week open. Last time we did BLT lake view we were but the curve of the inner "C" and had a pool/lake view but also other people's balconies! That was a 1 BR though. I'd much rather be looking mostly at lake.
Daisyx3

Only the even number rooms face the outside and look at MK or t he contemporary. BLT is shaped like a U so any odd number rooms are in the inside loop and face the pool. Those are the only ones th at have the potential to look into someone else's villa. All MK view rooms are on the outside so if you book that category, it's a nonissue.

Oooh, I'm so glad you posted this. We're going to BLT for the first time in August. I am so anxious about requesting the best LV.

Any advice for a 1 bd LV? Will we be able to see the water pageant for sure or not at all?

Thanks

Any advice for a 1 bd LV? Will we be able to see the water pageant for sure or not at all? Thanks
No one bedrooms have a view of the WP but the ones rooms ending in -42 you maybe maaaaaybe be able to see.

For requests, you would need to ask for the furthest south, even numbered room.

No one bedrooms have a view of the WP but the ones rooms ending in -42 you maybe maaaaaybe be able to see.

I posted above about our 1 bedroom LV room that had the view of the WP. Wish I could remember the exact room #, but it was the 5th floor. It was a perfect view of the WP, and lake, and pool area. Yes, we did also see other rooms, but that wasn't a big deal to us. Also, FYI for those wanting this view, the WP is loud and could be heard clearly with the balcony doors closed. Also, the same goes for the "pool parties". They could be heard clearly.

We stayed in a 1 br on the 8th floor and had a perfect view of the WP. Watched it almost every night! As mentioned above it is a bit loud, even with the doors closed. Drove my husband crazy after a while. LOL

We stayed in room 8034 I think. It faced out over the Contemporary pool and was awesome. From our balcony we could watch the electrical parade, see Downtown Disney, see Epcot and Wishes Fireworks, see The Tree of Life, the Monorail, GF, watch the nightly outdoor movie below us and the front of MK. Can't ask for much more than that! If you like being in the middle of at all, it's hard to find a better spot.:thumbsup2

Omg on our surprise engagement trip we got 5704 near the lobby side elevators. We had a view of the park and the lake. And we were right across from space mountain. EPIC!

We had a studio on the 16th floor this past September and the view was spectacular! I would suggest requesting a high floor, you won't regret the view you get if you get it.

Do you make requests at check-in or do you need to contact MS prior to arrival? I always feel so awkward making these types of requests, but I really do not want to have a view of someone else's room if I can avoid it.

Thanks for all the tips!! We're staying in a lake view studio and I checked the "higher floor" box during online check-in. Options are very limited.

One less elevator to deal with when you have a stroller is a good idea IMO. Although in June we were on the seventh floor and our three 2 BRs were at each each of the building. There were three families with strollers and none of them seemed to have any problems getting to the skyway.

Go higher if you can. The higher the floor the better the view. Thus, don't ask for 5, ask for "high floor." There is minimal to no added convenience to having the walkway on 5 and being on 5. That walkway begins right next to the elevators in the south tower and thus is easily accessible from any floor.

Agreed ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter