Best (free) option to get from Pop to Poly

g3pak

DIS Veteran
Trying to determine best way to get from Pop to the Poly for 'Ohana. By "best" I mean free and also what is normally the fastest. My two best ideas are bus to MK then monorail to Poly or Skyliner to HS then bus to Poly.

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section. I have no idea where it should go.

Trying to determine best way to get from Pop to the Poly for 'Ohana. By "best" I mean free and also what is normally the fastest. My two best ideas are bus to MK then monorail to Poly or Skyliner to HS then bus to Poly.
What time of year is your trip and have you considered how to get back to Pop?

Dave

We did skyliner to Epcot, monorail to monorail, to poly but that's because we didn't want to arrive at HS right as soon as the bus left then have to wait on the bus.

The skyliner is non stop and Epcot monrails show up about every 10 minutes.

We did skyliner to Epcot, monorail to monorail, to poly but that's because we didn't want to arrive at HS right as soon as the bus left then have to wait on the bus.

The skyliner is non stop and Epcot monrails show up about every 10 minutes.
But that requires a ticket for Epcot and a walk from IG to the Epcot Monorail Station or am I missing something?

Agree with all who say take skyliner to DHS then bus to Poly. So easy. I love that the Poly GF and WL bus stops are in the first row Just get off the skyliner walk over to the busses walk pass the restrooms and straight down to the Poly bus stop. I think they share with the GF but Poly is the first stop. Being able to utilize the skyliner to DHS makes getting around the Disney resorts so easy and fun too in my humble opinion. Love the skyliner. And makes staying at Pop Century just so much better.

But that requires a ticket for Epcot and a walk from IG to the Epcot Monorail Station or am I missing something?
You are correct.

My brain is not.

I believe we were already at Epcot that day and we had to get to hoop de doo so we took the monorail to monorail to boat.

The skyliner was down for the majority of our trip so we only got to take a couple of rides on it.

I would vote to take the bus to MK from Pop and then resort launch to Poly or Resort Monorail to Poly. We take either based on the line.

The first part of August is very hot and humid. Making a transfer from the Skyliner to a bus at HS is a very hot transfer. The Skyliners cabs are not air conditioned and being outside in the bus loop (hot as the Sun in August) waiting in 104 (temp + humidity) degree weather at the Resort Bus loop and waiting up to 20 minutes for a Poly bus.

Dave

I would vote to take the bus to MK from Pop and then resort launch to Poly or Resort Monorail to Poly. We take either based on the line.
I'd think is the best/simplest way... unless there is a bus (or something) that will drop you at the TTC?

Unless the line for the bus to MK is huge the quickest way is to take the bus to MK and then take the monorail from MK to Poly

We did bus to MK, monorail to GF recently for a 5pm at Narcoosee's. There were 2 slight unexpected delays and it took us about an hour door to door.

Around the 1st of August. Will be late afternoon/ early evening. Our plan is to go to MK after dinner at 'O, so back to Pop from MK.

I would just plan to take the bus to MK and then monorail to Poly in this case. Skyliner is nice in theory but there's a very high chance it won't be running when you're going. That's prime daily thunderstorm time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter