Best Hotel in DisneyLand

Beauty&TheBeast said:
What is the Best Hotel?
That depends on what you are looking for in terms of price, extras, proximity to the parks and the ages of the people going.

The nicest (and most expensive!) is the Grand Californian which is located INSIDE of CA Adventure Park. It's themed similar to the Wilderness Lodge in WDW if you're familiar with that.

For little kids, the Disneyland Hotel offers lots of desirables: theming that is bright and cheery, chance encounters with characters, an attractively themed pool and grounds that are fun to explore. The downside is the cost (compared to many acceptable Good Neighbor Hotels) and the distance from the parks. You have to walk all the way through Downtown Disney if walking, or take the monorail (also a bit of a hike depending on which building you're in) and get dropped off in Tomorrowland at DL.

For price and location, there are several clean but modest hotels along Harbor Blvd. that are directly across the street from the entrances to the parks, all of which offer very reasonable prices, parking and free breakfast:

--The Carousel Inn and Suites www.carouselinnandsuites.com
--The Park Place Inn and Suites www.bestwestern.com/prop_05470
--The Desert Inn and Suites www.anaheimdesertinn.com

My two favorite offsite hotels are just a bit further (but still very walkable):

--The Candy Cane Inn www.candycaneinn.net
--Howard Johnsons www.hojoanaheim.com

If you look at the top of this message board, there's a thread with a map of the surrounding area and hotels that might help you in terms of where everything is.

Hope this helps! :earsboy:

My fav off-site is the Candy Cane Inn.....
On site for kids- DLH
For Adults - GC....
I should just say,,,,,,
What they said!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter