• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Packages for DLP?

Astrid

<font color=9933CC>Shoot for the moon. Even if you
I'm sure I can rely on Rob to answer me these questions!!

The kids Dad is thinking about taking them to DLP this Summer and I said I'd find out the best deals for him.

It'll probably be a toss up between Eurostar or him driving. Where is the best place to look for the best deals/packages?

When I went in '97 I stayed off site, but I think the kids would like to stay on site this time (especially after their fab experience at All Star!). Any comments about the different hotels on-site would be welcome.

Thanks!!

If there are two kids plus one or two parents the Cheyenne is very good. Wild west themed, with bunk beds plus a double bed in each room: therefore kids don't have to share a bed. The disadvantage of the Cheyenne (and the Santa Fe) is that they don't have pools. If you wanted a hotel with a pool the Sequoia Lodge is my favourite, and the cheapest hotel with a pool.

If driving is an option, you could suggest the Davy Crocket ranch. You can get up to six people in these (although four adults two kids would be my limit). The Ranch is a short drive from DLP (5 minutes or so) and has lots of activities in its own right, including the best pool of all the DLP hotels. If we visit with friends of family we always stay at the Ranch. It's about a 3 hour drive from Calais.As I posted in another thread,book early to avoid disappointment.

Regards

Rob

Astrid

While not being the expert that Rob is when it comes to DLP :o I have been a fair few times and have always stayed at the Davy Crockett Ranch - we love it there! I wouldn't mind staying there even if it was not so close to DLP! It is like being onsite but not onsite (if that makes any sense) and as Rob says it has it's own activities and the pool is lovely.

On the subject of where to book I have found that booking direct with DLP is cheaper for packages than through an agent, but I have managed to get an even better deal via teletext on one occasion (haven't tried it since as we now have annual passes) through a company called 'Manchester Airpost Travel' a part of the Dunstan Brearly group. The service we got from them was great and their price was very competative indeed. Worth a look.

I'm sure your kids will have a great time wherever they stay!

Karen :D

we flew and found it was cheapest to book our own flights and then a room / ticket package direct with DLP.

We enjoyed the Cheyenne and didn't really miss the pool - but then it was November!

Bev

Another vote for Camp Davy Crockett We've visited Twice in the summer & its great to be able to come out of the park & have a swim & then go back to the park, rested. On our last visit we checked out in the morning went to the park & then were allowed back into Davy Croickett at tea- time for a swim & a meal before leaving.

Its also our only option as we've 3 Kids & don't fit into 1 hotel room!!!!!!!!

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Thanks for the replies everyone! Considering he's thinking of taking them in August I think a hotel with a pool will be a good idea - Sequoia Lodge if David doesn't drive, Davy Crockett if he does.

I've made a note of the company you suggest trying KarenUK - thanks.

Bev - How did you go about booking with DLP direct? Do you have a number to hand? - thanks!

Astrid x

If you want to book directly with the Paris office the phone number is 0033 1 60 30 60 53. This will get you an English speaking operator.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter