Best Park Bag for Universal Studios

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
Our first trip is in May and wondering what’s the best park bag or what type of bag everyone carries around the parks? Thank you

Mine is a Patagonia Atom Sling (covered with HP patches). It hold a couple water bottles, phone, sunscreen and wands. If it's just me and DH, I'll leave the bag at home and just take a lanyard so we don't have to use lockers, but my younger son is a doesn't like anything dark or roller coasters so there's always someone to stay off with the bag.

Be a minimalist. I used a Sherpani brand crossbody. It was adequate for my needs and easily fit in all lockers. For other amusement parks that require (paid!) lockers, I can get by with zippered pockets so I’m good at packing light.
They will give you free cups of ice water so no need to carry a water bottle. If you buy something, you can have it sent to your onsite hotel (if applicable) or to the front of the park for later retrieval.

Mine is a Patagonia Atom Sling (covered with HP patches). It hold a couple water bottles, phone, sunscreen and wands. If it's just me and DH, I'll leave the bag at home and just take a lanyard so we don't have to use lockers, but my younger son is a doesn't like anything dark or roller coasters so there's always someone to stay off with the bag.

What is the lanyard for?

What is the lanyard for?

Our Lanyards hold EP, room key, ID and AP or ticket.

Decide what you need to take to the park for the day and see what size of bag you need. Some of us carry very little, some carry a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/StoreSMART-Zipper-Passport-Lanyard-SPCR1596ZIPS-1/dp/B003TPG42G

71jq8CeUe8L._SL1200_.jpg

I use a small Vera Bradley crossbody for visiting parks, but we usually have a car with us and need keys. I also carry a small sunscreen and any bits and pieces my 6 yr old collects. The lockers at the rides are easy to use and free for the duration of the ride plus a little extra time.

I have a 3 prong fanny pack that I have been able to wear on everything but Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit. I'm almost always solo and need to have my phone with me in case I'm needed back at home.

Thank you everyone. I have an Eddie Bauer Slingbag(its small) and an Under Armour Slingbag(its a little bigger). I usually just use my camera backpack as my personal item on the plane(carries my charging cords and iPad) as my park bag, It holds my camera plus a few extra things in the top. I will probably just pack one of these Slingbags in my suitcase and use it as a park bag/camera bag. We’re not much for rides at least roller coasters so I probably won’t need a locker?

Thank you everyone. I have an Eddie Bauer Slingbag(its small) and an Under Armour Slingbag(its a little bigger). I usually just use my camera backpack as my personal item on the plane(carries my charging cords and iPad) as my park bag, It holds my camera plus a few extra things in the top. I will probably just pack one of these Slingbags in my suitcase and use it as a park bag/camera bag. We’re not much for rides at least roller coasters so I probably won’t need a locker?

Men in Black, Forbidden Journey, and Gringotts also require lockers. However, if you have a fanny pack with a three prong clasp, they typically will allow that. Without a three prong clasp, it must go in a locker. Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit allow nothing on your person, so everything goes in a locker over there.

Don't let the lockers deter you though. I don't wear a bag with a three prong clasp, just a crossbody bag, and just deal with the lockers. They add maybe 5 minutes before you get on and when you get off, so its not a huge hassle. They are located right next to the rides.

Men in Black, Forbidden Journey, and Gringotts also require lockers. However, if you have a fanny pack with a three prong clasp, they typically will allow that. Without a three prong clasp, it must go in a locker. Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit allow nothing on your person, so everything goes in a locker over there.

Don't let the lockers deter you though. I don't wear a bag with a three prong clasp, just a crossbody bag, and just deal with the lockers. They add maybe 5 minutes before you get on and when you get off, so its not a huge hassle. They are located right next to the rides.
Ok thank you. How much are the lockers? Btw what is a fanny pack with a three prong clasp

Ok thank you. How much are the lockers? Btw what is a fanny pack with a three prong clasp

Lockers that are required are free for the duration you are on the ride. They open and lock with your fingerprint. The lockers that cost money are the optional ones which are near the front and near the water rides.

A fanny pack with a three prong clasp is a traditional fanny/waist pack... it has the black plastic buckle with three prongs that lock into place. Found this thread that has a good photo from Damo of what I am referring to: https://www.disboards.com/threads/fanny-pack-on-rides.3279719/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter