• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place for Character Breakfast?

button409

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Not travelling until January but already getting very excited and starting to plan! We are 2 adults and 3 kids ages 5,3,and 1 (eldest boy, youngest 2 girls) when we travel. We have the QS dining plan, but would like to do one character breakfast when we are there. Where does everyone recommend, especially for little ones. Have heard not so good things about Chef Mickeys lately, and as we will only be doing 1 we want to get it right! Also, can you use a QS credit to part pay towards character breakfast at WDW? We went to Disneyland Paris last year and had the dining plan, and were able to pay a small upgrade fee to have a character breakfast? Thanks

I think the “best” character meal for your family will depend on what characters your children would love to see. Kids love Pooh & Friends? Crystal Palace. Princesses? CRT or Akershus. Chip & Dale? Garden Grill. I would check out the various character options & go from there. Enjoy!

I think the “best” character meal for your family will depend on what characters your children would love to see. Kids love Pooh & Friends? Crystal Palace. Princesses? CRT or Akershus. Chip & Dale? Garden Grill. I would check out the various character options & go from there. Enjoy!
Thanks, we are probably most interested in the Fab 5 CHARACTERS - sooooo many venues to choose from now - are they all the same price wise?

I highly recommend either Akershus (5 princesses) or Garden Grill (Chip&Dale and Goofy). Both give you the added advantage of being right next to Frozen Ever After (Akershus) or Soarin' (Garden Grill) if you book an 8am reservation, so you can get in line for the ride before the park opens. Even if you get like an 8:30 reservation you can still get into Epcot at 7:45 and head right to the restaurant where they will seat you ASAP and not make you wait for your actual reservation time.

if you want the fab 5 then you should do Chef Mickey's, especially with your age group. It's breakfast and the food will be fine. The issue some have with CM is how chaotic its seems.

My votes would be for Tusker House (and your close to Kilimanjaro) or Garden Grill. Breakfast if you get it early is OK at Chef Mickey's and you really can't beat the Fab Five.

We loved our character breakfast at the Tusker House! The characters didn't seem as rushed and my kids enjoyed the parade with instruments (if they still do it)!

We have also enjoyed the last seating for breakfast at Crystal Palace...11:00. We made it to the park at rope drop and by 11:00 we were ready for some down time and food! They told us to stay as long as we liked and to wait until they started bringing lunch items out to see if we wanted to try any of that!

We have eaten at Chef Mickey's for dinner once and the characters didn't take much time with us and food wasn't very tasty!

Another vote for Tusker House breakfast- it's the only meal that we've done every trip to WDW (with and without kids) and have never been disappointed!! The food is always hot and fresh, lots of variety, the characters are awesome and we never feel rushed.

Our favorites were Tusker House and Akershus. Tusker House was a true delight! The characters were very attentive and fun. Lots of time to visit and take photos and you can't beat the Fab Five in safari wear. The food was very good, too!

The princesses at Akershus were awesome! My daughter was awestruck by all the "celebrities"! :D We all enjoyed the food here.

The best character meal I've ever had on property has been Cape May Cafe. You get to meet most of the Fab 5 characters and the food has always been excellent.

Our FAVORITE of our trip in February was the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno at the Boardwalk. The food was awesome. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider and Ariel and Eric. We liked it so much we are heading there again on our first day in October :)

Thanks all. Am trying to find process online for Cape May, Tusker House and Bon Voyage, but I can only get a price range eg $15-$59, which is a huge difference. Trying to budget so hoping to get a more exact figure - anyone know where I can get the exact prices?

I don't think anyone has answered your QS credit question. No, you can't use a QS credit for a ts meal at all. You will have to pay out of pocket. Josh at Easywdw has the most recent price list I've seen, but I'm on my phone and can't find it for you right now.

I don't think anyone has answered your QS credit question. No, you can't use a QS credit for a ts meal at all. You will have to pay out of pocket. Josh at Easywdw has the most recent price list I've seen, but I'm on my phone and can't find it for you right now.
That's great, thanks so much for the info!

If your looking for the best quality food to go along with the character interaction my vote would be for Tusker House. IMO, it's one of the few buffets where the food is at least average in quality and with some things being very good. But with that said go with the characters you like the most, even at Chef Mickey you may find something edible. LOL

My boys love the Disney Jr. breakfast at Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios. We've always had the friendliest servers there and the food is pretty great too. In January they had Roadster Racer Goofy, Vampirina, Princess Sophia and Doc McStuffins. I think Fancy Nancy is replacing Sophia soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter