Best Places for Last Minute ADRs?

lovehoney

DIS Veteran
Doing the Free Dining at the end of August. We may have to change our dining plans last minute (we've been invited to a shuttle launch so if it goes off as planned pixiedust: we will need to leave for a couple of days).

If I have to make last minute ADRs, where would I have the most luck?

Good question. Someone I know is there right now (holiday weekend) and said the ONLY places with any space for dinner in Epcot were China and Germany.
You'd probably have your best luck at a hotel or Downtown Disney restaurant.

I am not as familiar with DDP as DDE. But a good last minute choice would be the Maya Grill at CSR. (Depending on your timing, etc) I assume this is a 1 credit pp meal. But don't know.
The food is good, as is the atmosphere. Well worth a try! :thumbsup2

Your best chances are with resort restraurants. If you call the day before your chances will be better. Even the morning of would be good, but if you try to do a walk-in, even the resort restraurants will be pretty booked up. The ones that would be hard are WCC and O'hana's. Your chances are probably better with Concourse Steakhouse and Kona's Cafe (and Maya Grill).

Last year (end of August) the only resort restaurant we could get into last minute was the Maya Grill. It turned out to be a good thing, because we loved it. I have never had a problem walking up to Marrakesh, but that was before the DP.

Maya Grill does seem to be always available (which isn't necessarily a good thing, at least not from their standpoint :)). The BoardWalk restaurants tend to be a lot harder to get ADRs at -- really all the deluxe resort restaurants are like that.

We've often gotten reasonably "last minute" adrs at Boma, especially for Breakfast. :)

Beth

We've had good luck getting into Kona-even on the same day. :goodvibes With and without the plan.

lovehoney said:
We may have to change our dining plans last minute (we've been invited to a shuttle launch so if it goes off as planned pixiedust: we will need to leave for a couple of days).

Invited to a shuttle launch??!! Wow!! That's even better than being at Disney. :woohoo: Invited, even! DD and I arrive on 8/28, which is the launch schedule date. I'm hoping that it does happen on the 28th, so that the only ADR we miss is for 1900 Park Fare dinner. However, DD has said she'd even forgo Le Cellier if the launch gets rescheduled while we're there. :rotfl2:

(I'd even trade any/all of my ADR's from 8/28 to 9/2 to get DD to a launch.)

Thanks for all of your suggestion! The DIS really does rock!.

Our paper work from NASA said to plan just as if you were planning a trip to Florida with a chance of seeing a launch. (I sure wish there was a shuttle smiley)

I guess I will go ahead and schedule my ADRs and hope we get to cancel some. :)

Thanks for the help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter