Best Resort Restaurants?!

kwwdw

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm planning an out of the parks day and wondering what are everyone's favorite WDW Resort restaurants? I've eaten at a few, but not many so suggestions are appreciated!

Also, sorry if this is a thread somewhere else. I'm kind of new to this and couldn't find it if it's out there!

Hello! I'm planning an out of the parks day and wondering what are everyone's favorite WDW Resort restaurants? I've eaten at a few, but not many so suggestions are appreciated!

Also, sorry if this is a thread somewhere else. I'm kind of new to this and couldn't find it if it's out there!

when is your trip? Here in the early opening stages a number of restaurants will not be open, so that may frame what people recommend.

Trip is not until February 2021, so I am hopeful more restaurants will be open. Not sure about where I am staying just yet, but on property so getting from one resort to another is not a big challenge!

Turf Club at SSR for steaks
Boma at AKL Jambo - a buffet with something for everyone both adventurous and not
Sanaa at AKL Kidani - especially the bread service
Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk - ask to sit up front to watch and talk with the chefs

We tend to enjoy dinner at resorts that can be followed up by other activities, like enjoying the animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge or walking over to Disney springs from SSR.

Boma for breakfast or dinner. Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast. Have never been to lunch or dinner there but people enjoy it. Cape May for breakfast.

Everything at Animal Kingdom Lodge, especially Sanaa lunch. Best value on property and you can watch the animals from your table.

3 words. California Grill Brunch.

Best brunch of your life! I'm not sure if they'll continue it because of covid restrictions, but if they do, it's worth every penny.

AKL - Jiko, Boma is also good
Kidani - Sanaa has wonderful Indian inspired food
Contemporary - California Grill
Grand Floridian Victoria and Alberts tops everything (very expensive, but IMHO worth every penny)
Boardwalk - Flying Fish
Swan and Dolphin Il Mulino (best Italian at WDW) and BlueZoo
looking forward to trying Topolinos.

I recommend

Oliva's - Old Key West
Whispering Canyon - Wilderness
O'Hana - Polynesian
Boma - Animal Kingdom

Objectively, Victoria and Alberts is-by far- the best restaurant at WDW -but its very expensive. Takumi-Tei at Epcot is a good quality Japanese restaurant but unlike (V&A) is not in the top league of NYC places. If you mean normal standards, Cal Grill, Narcoosies, Shulas. Flying Fish and the Yachstman Steakhouse are fine.

I echo recommendations for Jiko. Not sure of your party and/or if on dining plan (if it returns) - it is a signature restaurant. Not only is the restaurant itself outstanding but I think the whole resort is truly beautiful and unique and it's easy to "make a night out of it" (Jiko is only open for dinner) exploring the resort, looking at exhibits in the lobby, talking to cultural representatives, viewing animals on the savanna (they even have night vision goggles after dark), shopping in their store etc.

I've not been yet but Topolino's is next on my list. I've heard great things about both the character breakfast and dinner.

Also really enjoy Flying Fish, bluezoo at the Dolphin (next to Boardwalk), California Grill. All of these are dinner only (though California Grill offers brunch on Sunday - or at least they did...)

Again, depending on your party, a "do-it-yourself" tour of the monorail resorts stopping in various lounges for a bite and then exploring each resort a bit can be really fun too.

Lastly, not resorts but tons of great options at Disney Springs for a non-parks day. My favorites are Wine Bar George, Boathouse, and Raglan Road.

We tried breakfast and dinner at Ale & Compass last trip and were very disappointed. We liked it better before the change probably won’t go back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter