Best seafood restaurant in WDW area?

CSX2

Mouseketeer
Looking for suggestions for a good seafood restaurant in or near WDW. Not looking for anything fancy, just plain, good seafood (crab legs, shrimp, scallops etc.) and plenty of it!

Fulton's Crab House at PI comes to mind off-hand. I know there is a Red Lobster outside WDW somewhere. Can't think of anything else off-hand...or close.

This restaurant is on 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway) only about a mile west of World Drive, right outside Disneyworld. The cost is $20 from 4-6 p.m., $5 more per person (adult) after 6 p.m. but I've seen coupons for money off this too. It is a fabulous all you can eat buffet, with great seafood, such as lobster, king crab legs, scallops, crawfish, mussels, other types of fish and shellfish that I can't remember. The prime rib and barbecued ribs were outstanding and also other meats such as chicken, salads galore, many vegetables, different types of potatoes, Pizza Hut pizza in the buffet, desserts were OK. It is located at the front of and is inside of a Holiday Inn. Can't miss the gigantic sign in front. We were very filled and would recommend to any seafood lover.:cool:

HI......we never miss Shell's on 192 about 3 miles east of Disney on the left......green sign....lots of locals, all the salted in the shell peanuts you can eat, great seafood and cold beer..FYI, Angels is very good, snow crab, not King Crab, and prices might be a little higher, but check local coupon books for $5.00 off coupons......enjoy....Ted

The Crab House is pretty good. There is one over by Downtown Disney sort of behind the Crossroads shopping area and also one located on I-drive. They have fresh fish and also a big raw bar/salad bar set up. Much more reasonably priced than any seafood you will find on property. Here is the web site...

http://www.landrysseafood.com/crabhouse/index.html

dont eat it but i heard that flying fish on the boardwalk was excllent from numerous people

I'll second Shells! It's a great place with great food. We go there every trip.

Fulton's is great and the Flying Fish is too. I'm not too sure what you are looking for but there is a Red Lobster as well.
Have Fun

All the Shell's in my area have closed down. I wonder if they only closed regionally or if it was a national closure?

We have eaten at Boston Lobster Feast, International Lighthouse Lobster Feast, the Crab House, and Joe's Crab Shack in Orlando. Either of the lobster places are pretty good if you want lobster, at $16-$29 each, depending on lunch/dinner time and with/without coupon. The Crab House was lacking, at least when we ate there (1996), which was surprising because we generally like all the Landry's chain restaurants. My favorite, however, is Joe's Crab Shack. Joe's has great food, very reasonable prices, and a fun atmosphere. Also, if you happen to go to the Tampa/Clearwater area, Leverock's is really good.

Although it's not specifically a seafood restaurant, I think Pebbles in the Crossroads Shopping Center in lake Buena Vista is one of the best restaurants in Orlando, period. And they usually have at least one seafood special at every meal. Great value for the dollar!

I'm probably posting too late in the thread for anyone to see and answer this but is the Shells on 192 near the Publix? I'm just getting familiar with that area and we'll be at the Tropical Palms this weekend. I've also read that Atlantic Bay Seafood near the Hyatt is good.

Thanks, Robin. It sounds a little far, but we wanted to drive around looking for campgrounds anyway.

Anybody ever eaten here? How is it? Are there any other Seafood buffets you'd recommend

Thanks

HHGhost

14 Days!!!

I would suggest that if you are gonna drive the distance to Shell's, that you go a few blocks farther and find a little out of the way place called Pounders. This is a family owned, picnic style (meaning paper plates and napkin dispensers on table...New England Shanty style) but the food is wonderful. The restaurant is located on Central Ave which is past the Target on 192. Coming from Disney you would turn right on Central and Pounders is a little place on the left. You went find a lot of tourist there since it really is a local place...but that is one of the great things about it. But be aware, they close at 9pm most nights.

We ate at Shell's this past April and any place which is recommended by locals is usually good. This place was GREAT . We had the best swordfish we've ever had . The atmosphere was casual and fun. Do try Shell's if you can.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter