Best shows in Hollywood Studios w/ little kids in tow (ages 3 + 5)

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
Would love to crowd-source some ideas on the shows we should prioritize at Hollywood Studios. We'll have our two kids (ages 3 and 5) with us.

Muppet Vision (if they keep the 3-d glasses on)

Beauty and Beast Live on Stage

Voyage of the little mermaid

Frozen sing a long is great for kids &parents. The bubbles rain down on you at the end of the show. pixiedust:

My kids are grown but they always have Disney Junior shows too. (Not sure what)

Ahhhh memories of the Bear in the Big Blue house ....

Voyage of the Little Mermaid is in a dark theatre with neon bright colors so if you think your kids could be a little scared I would sit back farther in the theatre.
It's a live show with Ariel & Eric and the dog is HUGE. (not a real dog lol)
Ursula rolls out on stage looking like a huge float.
Stage is dark for the special effects because the "puppets" a.k.a fish are handled by people wearing blackout clothes so it appears the fish are really swimming:teeth:

Disney Jr!
It is perfect for kids your age. Our DD4 loooooved it when we went, and the audience gasped with delight when the first character came out. This is a show for the Littles and they won't be little for long!

Thanks to everyone for the advice! How early would you generally arrive to get a good seat for these shows? (And what is the best place to sit for Disney Jr.? I've heard the seats right up front aren't great bc you get an obstructed view of the stage?)

Thanks to everyone for the advice! How early would you generally arrive to get a good seat for these shows? (And what is the best place to sit for Disney Jr.? I've heard the seats right up front aren't great bc you get an obstructed view of the stage?)

Yes, try not to be at the very front. But otherwise all the seats aren't great! There actually aren't seats. You sit on the ground on carpet, and the floor is level (it doesn't raise up higher like a movie theater does.. It's all one level like a normal room.) The stage is a a few feet tall in front of you, which is why you don't want to sit at the very front. As long as you don't sit behind someone super tall it's a great view from any location.

I honestly can't remember how far in advance we got in line. Whatever Touring Plans suggested.

P
As someone already told you, there really isn’t a best place to sit. For how early to get there, I’m guessing it varies based on the time of year you’re going, but for our April trip we weren’t early at all. Came in like five minutes before the show started and were able to easily find a spot towards the back.

Our three year old grandson loved the Disney Junior show (we weren’t on the front row but it wasn’t crowded so everyone could see.) He also easily sat through the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The one thing he still talks about -constantly-is meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren! Of everything we did in all the parks, that was his most memorable

Our three year old grandson loved the Disney Junior show (we weren’t on the front row but it wasn’t crowded so everyone could see.) He also easily sat through the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The one thing he still talks about -constantly-is meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren! Of everything we did in all the parks, that was his most memorable
My daughter loved meeting B.B.-8... (she is 6) and cannot wait to see hm again. She isn’t even a Star Wars fan! The Star Wars M&Gs are really, really good. But I could see Chewie being a little scary for a very young kid.

Just wanted to say Dis Jr, Frozen Ever after, Fantasmic are definitely the best for that age. My dd just started being ok with 3-D..... at the ages of 3 and 5 it freaked her out.

My 3yo loves the Frozen Sing Along and Muppet Vision 3D. She was really into the 3D stuff on our last trip. Disney Jr. is good too. We have not taken her to Beauty and the Beast yet because times haven’t worked for us.

She loves Ariel but hates Ursula, so we skipped Voyage of the Little Mermaid on this last trip. Waiting until she gets over her Ursula fear :)

Wanted to reply again to say that after Disney Jr, I would definitely put Frozen Sing-a-long at #2 (assuming your kiddo likes Frozen.) Not sure of a #3 (I've never seen Fantasmic.) We haven't seen Beauty and the Beast. Little Mermaid was a little dated and we liked the Little Mermaid ride much better.

I'm going to be one lone voice: my youngest was 3 the first time he saw Indiana Jones. He laughed so hard at so many things in the show. He'd never seen the movie and had no reference whatsoever, but he LOVED this show, and he remembered it for the years between visits.

The Disney junior show is fun for young kids. Hands down the best show is Indiana Jones, though. My younger son loves Indy and when he was 3 he wanted to go back to see that show over and over. I think we saw it 3 times in the same day. It is still a must-do for our next trip (he’s now 6).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter