Best supermarket to stop by on way from airport?

briane

Mouseketeer
I know this has been posted a million times but what is the best place to stop and where is it? I think I read that Goodings was a bad choice because it was too close to WDW and very expensive.

super walmart is located on john young parkway......just up from 528 or down from sand lake road....

you can use the store locator at www.walmart.com to get better directions i think.....

there is a publix at the intersection of i192 and 535 also

Is that the Publix at Summer Bay in Clermont? Is Route 423 John Young Parkway?

the publix is just down from the marriot world center ......which is on 536 i think....
so it is not to far from disney reorts...you would turn towards kissimmee off on 535 from 536

as far as the john young parkway goes i do not know the route number but it is the next major road over from "orange blossom trail" as you come from the airport either on 528 (toll road) or sand lake road...the florida mall is at the intersection of sand lake and orange blossom if that helps

I don't have experience in this but I think the post that I saw that made the most sense was the Albertson's right off 417 (Florida Greenway). It costs an extra 50 cents but you don't have to mess with going on 192 (which can be heavy with traffic, lots of lights). The Albertsons is at exit 11 (Hwy 17/92 Orange Blossom Trail) and apparently can be seen from the exit. It might not be the cheapest or have the selection of a SuperWalmart, but I think it's probably the easiest.

briane - I don't know the distance from the airport, but it is off Orange Blossom Trail and can be seen from the toll road. I have used them before - they even have a service where you can fax your order to them and they will have it ready for you to pick up. This is a really nice store. I went to Super Walmart on 192 in July, and it was a mad house - even in the parking lot. Traffic was just unbelievable. If you want the number, post again - I am work - and the number is at home, but I will get it for you. Albertson's is great and much cheaper than Goodings.

We had outstanding service from Albertson's on Orange Blossom Trail. We faxed in the order from home and it was waiting for us when we got there. They had everything in their cooler waiting for us. This was especially important for us because we were scheduled to land about an hour before they closed and were taking the limo to OKW. As it was, the flight arrived about 45 minutes late and we -- literally -- got to Albertson's about 5 minutes before they closed. It was also nice to just pick everything up, without having to shop.

Here's their contact info (which I used in Feb. 2000):

Ron @ Albertson's, Orlando
Orange Blossom Trail
Telephone: (407) 857-5666
Fax: (407) 857-0132

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter