Best thing you ever ate at...

Hello, we have a trip planned with many meals. Looking for your favorite entree, app, dessert, drinks(alcohol is always good too) anything at any of these places...

thanks in advance!

Narcoossee
Coral Reef lunch
Monsieur Paul dinner
Be our guest breakfast
Sanaa lunch
Be our guest dinner
Kona cafe dinner
Topolinos dinner
Jiko dinner

wasn’t going to mention the buffets-I guess I’ll throw them up here too..
Tusker House lunch
1900 Park Fare brunch (on Easter, hope Mary will still be there!?)
Ohana dinner
Cape May Cafe breakfast

I’ve done lots of reading to choose on these restaurants in the first place, looking to hear from you what your favorite things to order! Tips and tricks welcome as well!

thank you, thank you!
I've eaten at most of those places and everything is good :) Specifically though I'd recommend the bread service at Sanaa.

It’s a drink, it’s usually called POG juice. Passion fruit, orange and guava juice. It’s very good!

Ohana’s best parts are the bread & butter, the salad, the potstickers/veggies/noodles and the dessert. The meats can be inconsistent.
Thank you! Good to know!

I've only eaten at 2 of the places on your list.

Narcoossee's - The Seafood Tagliatelle was one of the best things I've ever eaten and then you have to get the almond crusted cheesecake for desert.

Coral Reef - I just looked at the menu and the thing I really liked there isn't on the menu anymore - it was a seafood pasta that was so good I wanted to lick the plate clean.

Narcossee's - the Almond-crusted cheesecake. Best dessert ever.
Sanaa - Paneer tikka and coconut-cilantro vegetables. Spice Trade candy bar. I am NOT a fan of the bread service. There's an Indian restaurant in town that has way better Naan.

Narcossee's - the Almond-crusted cheesecake. Best dessert ever.
Sanaa - Paneer tikka and coconut-cilantro vegetables. Spice Trade candy bar. I am NOT a fan of the bread service. There's an Indian restaurant in town that has way better Naan.
Looks like the cheesecake is a must!
as we want to try to get the most “bang for our buck” being on the DDP-love to hear about non steak dishes that are so good that are worth ordering over the steak.
We don’t frequent Indian/African restaurants much as we don’t have many. So in regards to the bread service-I’m sure ignorance will be bliss haha.
Thank you!

Narcoossees. I love the shrimp and grits app.
Coral Reef. The chocolate wave dessert is my favorite.
M Paul’s. I had the degustation menu and loved it.
Sanaa. Another vote for the bread service.
Topolino. The burrata and the filet were great but my favorite was the Paloma. So yummy.
Jiko. Everything I’ve had is excellent. My favorite is the seafood curry.
You have some great choices. Enjoy.

Narcoossees. I love the shrimp and grits app.
Coral Reef. The chocolate wave dessert is my favorite.
M Paul’s. I had the degustation menu and loved it.
Sanaa. Another vote for the bread service.
Topolino. The burrata and the filet were great but my favorite was the Paloma. So yummy.
Jiko. Everything I’ve had is excellent. My favorite is the seafood curry.
You have some great choices. Enjoy.
When you ate at Paul’s were you on the dining plan? Was wondering how that menu and options worked in regards using the plan-even more in depth, we have the delux dining plan and I know that when using that you also get an app and a dessert at table service-so just wondering how that works with Paul’s assorted menu options (the 2 pre fixe options)
Thank you for your suggestions!

Before anything else, let me say all the WDW eateries vary over time. I'd also say, offerings are likely to be pared down during free dining and the impending downturn in tourism.

Narcoossee - Some years ago, was very good, but on our most recent visit, it just felt VERY overpriced! The service wasn't even good.

Coral Reef lunch- A tiny bit hit or miss. My most recent visit wasn't super recent, but it was good. Menu has been trimmed quit a bit though, and location can be a bit of a pain.

Monsieur Paul dinner- one of few places I haven't tried, the Chefs de France is quite good, and is generally always busy.

Be our guest breakfast- never tried breakfast. Decent for QS lunch, we liked for dinner okay before it went double credit, but haven't gone back for double credit meal. Onion soup is very good. Location also is not super convenient; it is in back side of MK. Décor is nice. I don't know how to do French accent marks on this website, so I'll say the salad with tuna at lunch is one f my faviorite WDW meals- so hard to justify double credit dinner prices- even on DDP - when we like the QS lunch as much as we do.

Sanaa lunch - Been there for dinner. food is excellent, but takes quite a while. Great option if you want to explore AKL, see animals, etc. It is vaguely Indian cuisine, but SUPER mild. If you have never tried Indian, it is a good place to get a little glimpse of the flavors, but if you are used to Indian food then food is bland Indian adapted to middle America tastes. Servers are very helpful in explaining menu. I generally like tikka masala, samosas (these are fried potato+green pea filled dumplings), Tamarind chutney is sweet+tasty, butter chicken, lentil dhal. Piri-piri is also sometimes spelled Peri-peri. It is roasted seasoned chicken similar to Peruvian roasted chicken if you've ever had that. If not, -oh, you should! AK's Quinoa is also very good. Quinoa is a grain.

I'll give a plug for Boma here: they have a spinach Quinoa honey mustard salad that is amazing! Relaly though, both AK and Sanaa are both good food.

Be our guest dinner - see above
Kona cafe dinner -amazing before 2006, then boring for ten years, most recent trip it was very good. I'd say it is the very best place to get sushi at WDW! Other menu meals are also very good, If they still have Kona coffee- that is also excellent! Kona has pretty décor.
Topolinos dinner - never tried
Jiko dinner- never tried. the menu doesn't appeal to me, and Boma next door is among WDW's top places to eat. Though- as I said above getting to AK takes time. We often paired AKL with AK back when AK closed at 5pm (before Pandora). AK is close to AKL, but by bus to anywhere else takes a long time. Best to drive or take taxi.

Tusker House lunch -meh. Characters are cute, but Boma is MUCH better food. Inside AK - we much prefer the Pandora QS.

1900 Park Fare brunch - morning characters were a bit of an odd mishmash when we last did breakfast, otherwise food is good. $$$ if paying o.o.p., but good use of dining credits. We usually go for dinner though because at dinner the step sisters are ther, and they are the best character anywhere at WDW!

Ohana dinner I used to like this place, but our most recent visit was epic bad. Front desk staff was rude, server was terrible, our meat was COLD (due to bad server), and we lost a long time waiting for the check. Just really epic bad meal all around. Long ago, we had one of our best WDW meals ever there, but that was long ago. The little game they offer kids is fun, if you have kids. The place isn't quiet though, if you want quiet.

Cape May Cafe breakfast - another one of VERY few places I've never tried. Amazing you manged to pick 3 places we've never tried, as we have tried just about everywhere else.

Last edited:
Thank you! Unlike my other half I’m a huge dessert fan-waiting for the day my bad eating habits catch up with me. Greatly appreciate direction when it comes to desserts as usually everything is appealing! Haha!
For great desserts at WDW consider:

1900 PF - great at lunch/dinner, probably very good at Easter brunch
Epcot Festival booth options- especially see what they offer at Japan and France
Amorette's in Disney Springs- but know that most options are not on the DDP. the Mickey brownie that is a snack is super though. It doesn't look as amazing as some of the other options, but it tastes great. Also, if you have any leftover snack credits- it comes in a box that you can easily take home.

Along the same lines - you can use credits to get bulk chocolates at Ghirardelli - just ask about this option before you start packing up chocolates. (ask about packing a tin container). they are the same chocolates you can get anywhere, but a good use of leftover credits. Just don't leave chocolate sitting In a hot car at WDW - even for a minute! I've learned that the hard way!

Probably any of the French places you list. BoG has fun options.

Boma has decent options.

Cali Grill!

Kona desserts change frequently, so I just checked the menu. the one I had on my most recent visit isn't tehre, but they still look like very good options. Though I feel compelled to add - kona's desserts used to be EPIC before 2006. I mean blockbuster Disney epic!

I am glad to see Kona still offers the Kona stir fry, Kona press pot coffee, and kid's chicken noodle soup. (It is excellent! if you can get some. )

Be our guest breakfast
Adult: DH likes the Feast a la Gaston, it's basic but a good size breakfast. I prefer Belle's Prefere, but I'm going to switch it up and try the Egg White meal next time. It looked good on someone else's table.
Kid: DS did not enjoy the Scrambled Eggs de Maurice. The scrambled eggs in the shape of Mickey are pretty weird tasting. Just give kids eggs that look like the adult eggs! I know it's less food, but we're ordering the French Toast for him next time. The kids breakfast meals are very small portions.

Sanaa lunch"
So. Much. Food. On the Deluxe Dining Plan you get an extra selection when ordering the Pijote Inspired. We got the bread service for our app of course, and butter chicken, cilantro cocunut vegetables and lentils. Spice trade candy bar for dessert. We liked everything but the lentils. The lentils were a little crunchier that we're used to. The flavors were more milder than they sound. I think we had the African Star Mojito. WDW Restaurants have very similar drink menus. I know that here at Sanaa as well as Jiko and Ohana we made it a point to order drinks only available at those restaurants.
Kid: Great kids meal! DS had chicken soup + shrip sautee + I can't remember what vegetable + African shield dessert.

Be our guest dinner
App: DH enjoyed the meat and cheese plate and I really like the tuna
Entree: DH thought the filet was great and I thought the same about the chicken
Dessert: We both really liked the dessert trio
Kid: fruit and cheese + beef tenderloin + sweet potato + green beans + dessert trio. Way too much food for DS4. We took it back to the resort and he munched on it for the next two mornings. It was actually great because he wants to eat right away and DH and I would rather wait a little before breakfast.

Jiko dinner
Adult: Excellent African wines. Tour of Africa was a great app. DH liked the filet. And African Drum Beets was a great dessert, but not "beety" enough for me
Kid: I ended up eating DS' meal because he had zero appetite and this was toward the end of the trip (no credit wasted!). Garden Salad app was enough for an adult app! Shrimp + Vegetables was filling for me and very tasty. We should have got one dessert but ended up with two, African Shield again and Fruit + Yogurt. Fruit and Yogurt was an insane portion. We had such excellent service at Jiko. I felt like I was in Palo on DCL being waited on hand and foot. Just excellent. Enjoy your meal here!

If you have time to do any of the bead activities at AKL, DS really enjoyed that! We also took the Boma/Jiko tour at 4pm and thought it was wonderful. We plan on doing the Sanaa tour on our upcoming trip. All this food talk is making me hungry! Enjoy your trip and eat your heart out!

When you ate at Paul’s were you on the dining plan? Was wondering how that menu and options worked in regards using the plan-even more in depth, we have the delux dining plan and I know that when using that you also get an app and a dessert at table service-so just wondering how that works with Paul’s assorted menu options (the 2 pre fixe options)
Thank you for your suggestions!
I had the deluxe plan also. The cheaper of the two options is covered by the deluxe plan. The more expensive one has an additional charge. I think it was $19 or $29.

Sanaa lunch the bread service and the Mahi Mahi for lunch was delicious!
Narcoossee's the surf and turf with lobster and the crab cake app. was so good.
Jiko The Tour of Africa app. and Beef rib for dinner and the chicken were amazing! Anything there is delicious.
Monsieur Paul The Black Sea Bass, apps. and dessert were all amazing. We were so pleasantly surprised by our meal here. We went for the 1st time in May '19 and will definitely make an ADR there again.
Enjoy!!

Jiko- The filet was the best steak I have ever had but I have also enjoyed the short rib on previous visits. I really like the Tibs in Brik appetizer.
Sanaa- We always get the Potjie-inspired and the Butter Chicken is a my favorite and my husband dreams about the Spicy Durban Shrimp. We enjoy the bread service, but it is not a must-do for us. I also like the Spice Trade Candy Bar for dessert. As another poster stated, on the deluxe plan, you get an extra entree with the Potjie-inspired and they don't make you take an option from "The Harvest", either. At least that has been our experience.
Narcoossee's - The almond crusted cheese cake is as wonderful as everyone says it is.

Second the concept that all the restaurants change over time. Sometimes they change for the better, sometimes for the worse, and sometimes they yo-yo.

Coral Reef - Years ago they used to have beef tips for lunch only and they were great.

M Paul’s - Ate there when it was Bistro de Paris, which is another way of saying that everything has changed. The meal was excellent.

Sanaa - agreed with several others on the bread service. It can honestly be a meal by itself.

Jiko - I've only eaten there twice. The food has been great both times, but the last time they seem to have shifted toward a California cuisine model with much smaller portions on huge plates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter