• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to ask for room upgrade

Theaberdeenkid

Mouseketeer
What is the best time to ask for a room\view upgrade, do I put request in with my reservation, during online check in, or ask the front desk at check in.

It depends on what you mean by "upgrade". If you mean "to a different booking category" (i.e. from Pool/Garden View to Boardwalk View at BWV), and you are booking on points, don't bother. These almost never happen, and when they do, it is because the room to which you are assigned was taken out of service, and there isn't another one in that category available. It's not something you can ask for.

If you ask for an upgrade and one is given, the additional points will be charged.

What is the best time to ask for a room\view upgrade, do I put request in with my reservation, during online check in, or ask the front desk at check in.

Depends on whether the room was booked on points or cash was paid.

Perhaps you mean a room location request rather than upgrade.

When you reserve, you can make a request such as highest floor possible, even numbered room, close to elevator etc. Requests are not guaranteed.

Be careful if you booked on points and then ask for an upgrade. You may get the upgrade only to find out when you get home that it cost you more points. Might as well just book the category you want right from the start.

It depends on what you mean by "upgrade". If you mean "to a different booking category" (i.e. from Pool/Garden View to Boardwalk View at BWV), and you are booking on points, don't bother. These almost never happen, and when they do, it is because the room to which you are assigned was taken out of service, and there isn't another one in that category available. It's not something you can ask for.

"mean "to a different booking category" (i.e. from Pool/Garden View to Boardwalk View at BWV)"

Yes thank you that is what I meant.

Oh well.

"mean "to a different booking category" (i.e. from Pool/Garden View to Boardwalk View at BWV)"

Yes thank you that is what I meant.

Oh well.

Just go on the waitlist for BWView. If it comes through, it will come through. But you can only get this view on points, not for cash.

"Upgrades" are the difference between a timeshare and a hotel. You might get one with a hotel. You probably won't get one without using more points at a timeshare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter