Best time to do Laundry at BCV ?

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in a studio at BCV this October. (First time staying at any DVC! :thumbsup2 ) I plan on doing our laundry part way through the trip, but since there is a limited number of washer and dryers at the BCV Laundry Room, I'm curious if people have found that there is a better time to do it. Late in the evening? Early morning? Afternoon? Or are the washers and dryers not used that often and it's not an issue to worry about?

It is somewhat of an issue. My DH found it helpful to run and grab a washer just before a storm..the weather at that time was perfect, but you knew something was changing. It was a June afternoon...Really, it's just luck. Best wishes to you. He probably had checked around 4 other times, at various times of the morning, and evening before that lucky time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I usually do my laundry at 4:30 OR 5:00 A.M. I've had to waste too much time waiting for a washer, so I get it over with early. Sometimes it's tough with only 3 washers for all the studios.

I've really worried about this too. However, I've never had a problem doing wash at around 7:30 in the morning. When I get up, I bring the wash down and put it in the washer. Then I take a shower and when I'm done, go back and transfer the clothes to the dryer. Go back and get dressed, etc. then go back. Sometimes I have to wait a while for the dryer to be done, but that early in the morning, there hasn't been anyone else in there (yet).

We'll also be staying at BCV in October for the 1st time, use of washer and dryer are free or need quarters?

We'll also be staying at BCV in October for the 1st time, use of washer and dryer are free or need quarters?

Use of washers and driers are free for DVCers. Remember this, even if the machine has a place to put money in. DH did put money in, and the machine took it, but that was totally unnecessary...they work for free.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I've also gotten up very early when we stayed in a studio. There are only two washers and four dryers if I remember correctly.

It's been quite busy later in the evening. Once I had to wait for someone in a 2 br because she said her washer was too noisy! :confused3 I was jealous, and hope I wasn't too snarky while waiting for her two loads to finish.
I think my stuff got done about 1 am.

Sounds like early am is better.

We did it during afternoon/evening breaks and never had problems. We'd usually come back right around most people's dinner time and do it, and just eat a late or early dinner.

We usually ate around 4 meals a day (just a hotdog for evening, bagel for breakfast), so it worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter