• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to do an add-on

rchristiansen

DIS Veteran
We currently have 100 points at OKW with a Feb use year. What in your experience is the best way to add on? Buy SSR directly from Disney? Wait to see if Disney offers OKW points with a Feb use year - I remember getting an offer from them in Feb - is that a regular occurance or something unusual? Buy a resale - but then the point value seems so much higher and with closing costs added in - it's just too much.

Also, we have no immenent trips planned, just got back. We have an allotment of cash by the end of the year that has been ear-marked for "Fun" -I don't want a diamond ring, plasma TV, new kitchen cabinets, I want more DVC points! :rotfl:

Would you wait for an add-on incentive?

What have you done?

PS: DH is :rolleyes2

If you want OKW points, you'll pay a flat $92 per point direct from DVC with no incentives offered. DVC will almost certainly have OKW points readily available when you call.

You can almost certainly beat that price on the resale market, but you'll have to pay cash, may end up with a different Use Year and will have to be patient. Resale contracts of less than 150 points tend to be in greater demand since it's a viable way for individuals to buy into DVC without having to buy the full 150 that DVC requires.

If you want SSR you'll pay a flat $98 per point from DVC. That price goes down to $90 per point if you buy 100 or more.

Just a reminder for those who might have missed this!

Closing Costs REDUCED on smaller point DVC Resale packages!
After much discussion between The Timeshare Store, Inc. and Timeshare Closing Services, Inc., we came to an agreement and wish to announce that the following prices will take effect as of Thursday July 28, 2005 for those purchasing from The Timeshare Store, Inc. (These prices are NOT retroactive, so please do not ask about it.)

These prices DO include the necessary title search and estopple information from Disney Vacation Club.

25pts to 50pts Closing Costs = $262 without Title Insurance Policy - additional $60 for Title Insurance Policy

51pts to 75pts Closing Costs = $299 without Title Insurance Policy - additional $60 for Title Insurance Policy

76pts to 100pts Closing Costs = $337 without Title Insurance Policy- additional $60 for Title Insurance Policy

DISboard Members, pat yourself on the back, we heard your voices!

The Timeshare Store, Inc., hopes this will be helpful when you make your smaller point package decision!

Thomas E. Yeary (Tom)
Owner/Broker

I'd kind of like the idea of having more points at the same resort (OKW), since you only have 100 there. You might want to plan a longer trip and book it all at the 11 month window. I would buy OKW either through Disney or the Timeshare Store. The later would probably be cheaper and easier, if you have the cash available and your not going to miss that plasma TV! If you want to finance them, Id do it through Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter