• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to Canaveral from MCO?

hedg12

Mouseketeer
Never cruised before, flying in to MCO late the night before. Looking for options for accommodations and transportation to Canaveral. Looked into the Hyatt in the airport and it's an option. What's the best transportation option to/from the port from MCO? Or are we better off finding a hotel in Coco and shuttling from there? New to all this, and kind of lost.

if it's late may be easier to stay at Hyatt and uber to Port Canaveral next morning. I ubered from Disney to Port Canaveral pre-covid and it was about $70

what's your metric for best?

least hassle? Stay at airport hotel and use cruise shuttle ..... this FAR from lowest cost.

Low cost? Find lowest cost hotel near MCO with free airport shuttle AND book one of the many lower cost shuttle services to port for the morning. Takes more work . . . involves more steps.

If arriving 'late' there's no need to head to the port that night ......

p.s. an UBER MCO to PC for two usually runs around $70 and often the cruise line shuttle is $35 per person .... so UBER is cost effective and you don't wait for the bus to fill.

For our last 2 cruises out of Port Canaveral we arrived the night before and stayed near the airport. We took GoPort to the port in the morning.

Trying Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cruise Control Transportation. They offer shuttle services to/from MCO to Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach hotels.

I'd say if you're arriving any time after about 5p in the afternoon, just get a MCO area hotel. Then arrange private transportation to the port the next day. That can be ride share or private company.

Don't forget to arrange the pickup to get you back to MCO after the cruise.

Search Fly Snooze Cruise cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral to book a hotel night and all required transfers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter