Best way to handle cold pool temperature on upcoming trip?

toesmom

DIS Veteran
We're going in 10 days and froze in the pool last year at this same time. Any DVCers have info about current pool temps at BWV?

Please give me suggestions for how to handle the cold pool temperatures I'm expecting to find. Do I go straight to front desk and ask for the manager on the 1st day there? Would that make any difference at all? Maybe it won't be as cold as I'm expecting.

Any ideas would be helpful. thx

Can only comment on OKW and SSR- we were there 12/24-1/4 and found the pools to be quite comfortable. The quiet pool at turtle pond was actually about bath temp. The hot tub was way too warm - At SSR the CP pool was giving off steam at night so at that point they were keeping the pools at those locations nicely warm. We didn't use them a lot because the temps when you got out of the water some days made it uncomfortable but the water temps were fine.

You may not have to worry too much, the main pool at BW will be closed for at least part of the time you'll be there. We'll be there also and received a notice in the mail.

Just returned from SSR. I was abit nervous of the pool temps but was happily surprised that they were warm our entire trip. 12 days and used the paddocks and main pool daily.:thumbsup2

Last week I thought the pool temps were cool when first getting in, because of the transition. My solution: go get all wet in the hot tub first. Then, stand outside freezing for a couple of minutes looking for the kids. Then hop into the big pool---it didn't seem cold at all then.

Anyway, you're from Canada, right? How cold can it really seem? :)

I don't know how to handle it if they are cold. I suspect that your best chances of changed temperatures probably include speaking with someone on your first day. However, I'm not sure who the best person is.

We were there (AS, BCV, SSR) Dec. 29-Jan 5 and swam everyday and several evenings. The temperatures were great. The water was warm, steaming at night and comfortable for both floating around and slightly more energetic swimming as well. I did find that there was some temperature fluctuation between pools so, if one's cold you could try another.

We're going in 10 days and froze in the pool last year at this same time. Any DVCers have info about current pool temps at BWV?

Please give me suggestions for how to handle the cold pool temperatures I'm expecting to find. Do I go straight to front desk and ask for the manager on the 1st day there? Would that make any difference at all? Maybe it won't be as cold as I'm expecting.

FIND THE THERMOSTAT AND TURN IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at BW during Christmas, and found the temps to be cool but tolerable during the day, but definitely too cool at night. The hot tubs were doing a bang-up business, however, both during the day and at night.

I was at BW during Christmas, and found the temps to be cool but tolerable during the day

We had the same experience but I have to admit to being less tolerant than my children.

Maybe Disney would get the hint if everyone started wearing wet suits. We have a couple and it would be funny to bring them to WDW with us.

I wish they would turn off a few of the lights that burn all day unnecessarily and turn up the pool heaters a couple more degrees.

HBC

We check in to BWV on the 25th - hopefully the weather will cooperate - I know the last time we were there this time of year the nights were around 35 and the pools were FREEZING!!

DS was @ BWV last week, swam every day except for 2 that were in low 60's...

they thought the water temp was fine in both main & DVC pool; they swam after 9:00 p.m. a few nights (of course they were "hot-blooed" honeymooners;) ).

I wish they would turn off a few of the lights that burn all day unnecessarily and turn up the pool heaters a couple more degrees.

HBC

Absolutely. We all know that there is incredible waste all over Disney...make some easy changes (that no one would notice anyway) and crank up the pool temps! :thumbsup2

Ok, I take that back...given these boards, people will definitely notice even the most minor of changes! But seriously, there are tons of cost-savings measures that could be done that would allow for pool temps to never again be an issue.

but what about:

Solar heaters

Pool covers at night.

heat water with excess heat exchange on the air conditioners, or something like that...? Maybe the dryers for all the clean towels?

There is a way, if Disney wanted to conserve, they could.

GOldi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter