Best way to link two reservations and when to check in.

nighttowll

DIS Veteran
I will be staying at Coronado Springs beginning of January. I had to book 2 different reservations, a 1 night stay, and then a separate 5 night stay. Same hotel, same room category. I've called and talked to a number of different people, and I get the same story every time, that I will have to check out and check back in again, possibly needing to change rooms.:sad2:

Here's my question: Will I be better off to check-in online making my preference known ahead of time that I'd like to stay in the same room for both stays, or will I have better luck waiting to check-in in person?

My fear with online check-in is that I have no idea if those rooms are assigned by robot or a real person and no idea if the two bookings would show as related.

My fear with waiting to check in at the desk is that our flight gets in late the first night, so I'm worried by waiting there might be an issue with a room not being available for 6 consecutive days that late at night. I think we will arrive after 9:00 pm, possibly after 10:00 pm.

Any thoughts or advice? I'm wondering what my chances of being able to keep the same room are.

Have you called Guest Services? They are able to link reservations. I would also talk to the front desk at check-in. I would still online check-in, but I would speak to someone in person about this when I got there.

I also am staying at Coronado Springs and have two reservations. My arrival day, then another one for the other 4 days. I called today and had the two reservations linked and they noted that I wanted to stay in the same room. I have done this before there an had no problem. I always do online check in.

Please call guest services, we have had this twice and they linked the reservations for us and we never had to check out and check back in. As long as the room type is the same. Cannot be standard view and then courtyard view that would be the only way they would not link them because of the price change.

Tissa - is there anyone specific you called, or a certain time frame that you called within?

I have called guest reservations multiple times. I even tried calling the direct Coronado Springs number listed in the Unofficial Guide Book. I have been told that I can call back and make the request to stay in the same room two weeks out, but that they can't guarantee anything. I've asked for the two reservations to be linked and been told multiple times, they can't do that! It is so frustrating! I have anxiety attacks and talking to people on the phone is one of the things that really bothers me. I'm done talking to unhelpful unfriendly people who just keep telling me we can't link the two. Maybe 10 calls from now, I'll finally get a helpful rep who will do it, but by then, I'll have had a nervous breakdown.

Both reservations are standard view, but there is a price difference because the first reservation is a room only, week night, during the marathon. The second reservation is a package during the week. I get that because of that they can't be combined, but I just want them linked. It is still the same room category.

I'm doing the exact same thing! At first I tried the online chat and the CM said that having both reservations in the same account was enough, and that the hotel would not make me change rooms after the first check out.
Later, I called guest services and the CM said that I had to go through the check-in line and let the CM in the first check-in know about my two reservations. He said that I probably wouldn't need to do two separate check-ins. but he did tell me that it is impossible to guarantee that I wouldn't need to change rooms, just that it probably wouldn't be necessary, since Disney is already expecting my second stay which is linked to the same account.

Even with the online check-in I will go through the check-in line just to make sure that everything is ok.

Tissa - is there anyone specific you called, or a certain time frame that you called within?

I have called guest reservations multiple times. I even tried calling the direct Coronado Springs number listed in the Unofficial Guide Book. I have been told that I can call back and make the request to stay in the same room two weeks out, but that they can't guarantee anything. I've asked for the two reservations to be linked and been told multiple times, they can't do that! It is so frustrating! I have anxiety attacks and talking to people on the phone is one of the things that really bothers me. I'm done talking to unhelpful unfriendly people who just keep telling me we can't link the two. Maybe 10 calls from now, I'll finally get a helpful rep who will do it, but by then, I'll have had a nervous breakdown.

Both reservations are standard view, but there is a price difference because the first reservation is a room only, week night, during the marathon. The second reservation is a package during the week. I get that because of that they can't be combined, but I just want them linked. It is still the same room category.

Yes, you are in the same room category. If you can handle it (I get the phone aggravation and the anxiety!), try calling the resort number again about 10 days prior to your first reservation, explain the situation and place your request (that you would like to stay in the same room). On your arrival night, go to the front desk and explain the situation again. The front desk CM can either confirm you were already placed in the same room for the whole stay or take a look at room inventory then and try to accommodate you. You may still have to go down to the front desk the next day to check-in and check-out, but you shouldn't have any issues. We did this with a BC stay and everything was fine.

I would call back and if you get the same responses, ask to speak to someone in guest services. Don't call the number associated with the resort as that will not get you the resort itself. The CMs answer as if they are at that particular resort, but they are actually in a call center. When you do talk to someone, tell the CM you want to link your reservations and have a request noted to keep the same room for both stays. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the front desk CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to stay in the same room if possible. It is not guaranteed you won't have to move, but it is possible to put that request in now and not have to wait until 2 weeks out or when you arrive. Good luck!

I just called 407-939-1936 and said I needed to modify a resort reservation. I mentioned that I had two reservations that I needed to link so I could hopefully stay in the same room. The CM asked for my reservation numbers and linked them. Mine were both room only reservations. Yours being a room only and package might be the issue. Maybe they can note it on your reservation, then when you get to the hotel check with the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter