Best WDW Resort for Non-Active Seniors for Dec 2022

Cinderellie0302

Earning My Ears
We are a couple in our 60's from NJ who are not very active, married 7 years ago. I have been to WDW 40 times when my children were young, over 12 years ago. My husband has been there twice years ago, also when his kids were young. It would be our first time together. I have back issues, my husband has leg issues, but we are determined to go slow, at our own pace to see what's new.

We are searching for your recommendations for the best hotel on Disney property for easiest convenience. Close to buses, transportation to main parks. Easy navigation around the hotel.

Target date: early December 2022.

Since we have not been there in over 12 years, and post-Covid, there is much we do not know. Thanks in advance for enlightening us.

Cinderellie

The first thing that came to my mind is Beach Club Villas - IMHO, that building is so conveniently located, short walk to EP and the Skyliner to DHS, plus it's very close to the BC resort bus stop. It's also super close to the QS at BC. If it's in your budget, you could also consider the main building at Grand Floridian. You would then be in the same building as most of the GF restaurants and the monorail to MK (and TTC to get the monorail to EP), plus a short walk to the other park buses. The rooms in the main building at GF are club level, so you would also have easy access to all of the food and beverages offered there. The tower rooms at Contemporary would also offer fairly easy access to all of the CR restaurants, the monorail and the bus stop.

I am in my 70s and have been to DL & WDW many times and also have experienced this assisting my mother in a wheelchair .
For all the reasons you listed & my personal experience I purchased at the DVC/ BLT knowing someday I would want to vist but no longer as capable.
I have also recently stayed at the new Incredibles design update at the Contemporary with lake view.
Either of these locations offer incredible morning & evening views of the sunrise and sunset. The 4 th floor of the Contemporary has the quick service, and giftshops and Character breakfast with monorail gliding thru building and in the evening a nice lounge/bar area. It also has an outdoor seating area to view the lights and activity of all the movement of the Magic at the World/ day & night.
Also a Joffreys coffee bar in the lobby of the Contemporary and the choice to dine atop the World at California Grill (also a bar w seating by reservation).
This location also has easy access indoors to the monorail to vist (rain or shine ) the Polynesian Resort area for all their guest options and the Grand Floridian . Plus this location has the bridge that connects the BLT to the Contemporary-as a location to watch the nightly Electric Water a pageant and the MK fireworks.
I recently stayed at BLT for the Xmas/ NYE week and discovered the Contemporary has a marina with rentals, etc. We decided to spend an hour navigating the water on a pontoon. 3 adults w/2 children having no experience on a boat . They promised us it was as easy to drive as a car and it is true! Imagine driving past the Wilderness Lodge Cabins with the Pirates Life for me blaring on the boats Bluetooth connected speakers. haHa that was the highlight of the trip ! We knew they have constant surveillance for emergency assistance nonstop on the waters!
It was $90 well spent.
I hope you trust me with my suggestion because I am currently preparing myself for those days. I warn you to expect the price shock $$$$ tho’ …

My second favorite location would be Riviera for a more relaxing trip or the POP Century preffered pool view for budget friendly easy access to enjoy the SkyLiner, etc.

Last edited:

I am 65 and have had spinal surgery, ankle surgery and shoulder surgery. You can accommodate most disabilities. Requests and advance notice required.

beach or yacht club would suit you guys well like previous posters have said! i would also consider POFQ as they are very accessibility-friendly because of its size and compactness! have fun! :)

I’d pick Port Orleans French Quarter for its compact size. You have easy access to buses and also the boats to Disney Springs. We were there in December and picked it because I’m having foot issues and was worried about walking distance/convenience. I booked garden view and requested ground floor and close to transportation…we received the best location we’ve ever had at a Disney resort and were thrilled! It was building 4, a few rooms away from the main building and the walkway to transportation (where you see the arrow in the pic I’m attaching). It’s not a deluxe resort but it’s one of our favorites 👍

Attachments

• DBE96503-8CB7-4B86-96D6-645897CF4836.jpeg
    DBE96503-8CB7-4B86-96D6-645897CF4836.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter