BEST / WORST Off-Site Hotels - GRAND TALLY

When we went to Disney 2 years ago we did 5 nights at the Poly and 2 nights at the HIFS. We loved the Polynesian, but the kids were ready to stop walking and play at the HIFS. We had the best trip.
Thank you for all the great information. JOANN in NC

Originally posted by LTMC
:confused: I'm concerned about my current reservations at the Renaissance Worldgate in Kissimmee. On tripadvisor.com the comments were pretty good. We aren't going to be at the hotel much - but I would like something clean. I also liked the comments on a back route to Disney that many said was a plus.
Any comments or tips would be helpful!! Thanks in advance.

hi i have stayed there, it is clean, and located on 192 right hand side when you get off of I4east. our only dislike was that it was huge!!! something like 12 floors, and a bit confusing at first. it has a beautiful pool area, and spa. it was a little hard to spot, because it is tucked behind a gift shop. but it is very close to wdw, animal kingdom, and mgm. it does not include a free breakfast, and i think that saves you some $$$ when you are going to the parks. i would stay there again, but i really like to try new places. hope u like it. kim

Thank you so much for doing this! I just saw the other thread today while researching for a stay by Sea World.:D

What a great list!!! Just to let you know, though, Doubletree Suites DTD (in your best list) is the same as Double Tree Suites - Hotel Plaza Blvd. (in your dishonorable mention list).

We stay at the Double Tree Guest Suites in Downtown Disney every year now. They have an awesome location and a great staff! There pools could use some revamping/theming, maybe, but otherwise for the room type and cost there is nowhere else in Disney for us! :sunny:

these are the ones that I have stayed at

Best off-site (non WDW property) - hotels only
Universal's Royal Pacific
Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld

Worst off-site hotels
Motel 6
Wynham Inn in Kissimmee
Sheraton (now a LaQunita) in Kissimmee
Hotel Royal Plaza

Best off-site timeshares
Marriott's Grande Vista Resort
Hilton Grand Vacation CLub at SeaWorld

Worst off-site timeshares
Westgate Villa in Kissimmee
Westgate Lakes in Orlando

Okay folks We are going to WDW with five people 1 adult 2 teens and 2 kids... had our hearts set on staying onsite but the price is just too high and we would rather spend our money in the parks... I stayed at the hotel royal plaza quite some time ago ( 9 yrs) and it was okay from what I remember. yet, I am hearing bad reviews... What we would like in a hotel is adequite space for 5 (we dont mind being a tiny bit cramped), complimentary transportation, some excitement... close to the action... maybe one very near DTD for instance.. a theme is great but thats negotiable aslong as the placehas a nice vibe... please help us out!

TraderAsh, the DoubleTree Guest Suites is an awesome hotel. Not so much in "theme" but a nice, clean afordable all suite hotel. And, it's location can't be beat! (for off site anyway). It is walking distance to Downtown Disney / Pleasure Island. I don't think any of the closer hotels have "comfortable" rooms for 5 people, at least for these prices.

They have a pool, jacuzzi, work out room, pool bar, arcade & I think they may still do movies at night for the kids. Go to www.doubletreeguestsuites.com and check it out for yourself.

There is one bedroom with two double beds and doors to separate it from the living area with a pull-out sofa in the living area. There is a mini kitchen - small fridge, micro, sink & storage. And, a huge bathroom.

We are staying there in a few days. I got a rate of $129 per night for 2 adults, 2 kids with breakfast included for all 4 people. I see on there internet site a rate for $118 (no breakfast though).

Looks really nice... thanks so much for reccomending it... what made it a good hotel for you? How is the transportation? How long is the walk to Downtown Disney? I am seriously considering this place allthough its almost as expensive as Port Orleans but lots more rooms... good value...but ive heard some iffy reviews

We've always had a car. I see their transportation van outside quite often though. I guess they stop at a few other hotels in that area before going to the parks so you must leave yourself plenty of time to get there.

The walk to DTD is only a few blocks. For us adults it's no problem our little one want's to get carried about 1/2 way there. We walked home from the House of Blues after a concert last year and it was a great walk -- sidewalks all the way.

I guess the reasons we love this hotel (other than it's location to DTD) is the staff there is always so friendly and helpful, it is very clean and, of course, the amount of space we get. With 2 little ones who go to bed quite early, it's nice to be able to stay up and watch TV with the lights on and sound up!

One year we got there and it was cold (for Florida) and the heat in our room didn't work. I called the front desk and someone was up fixing our problem within minutes. They gave us a comp. breakfast the next morning and we never had another problem.

As for the price, I always will book my room for whatever price they offer, just to make sure I'll have a place to stay. Then over the next few months I check out internet prices and call the hotel rese line to ask for specials. When one comes out I change my rese to the new price/package. I have never paid more than $129 per night with 4 people in the room (this year it includes breakfast for everyone). They have never given me a hard time with switching my reservations around - and believe me I do it frequently. This year it took me 4 times before I was satisfied with my price. We have only gone in November or February though so pricing during other months may be higher or harder to get?

Everyone has diferent needs from their hotel, so I understand just because it works great for us it doesn't make it perfect for everyone else. For us on-site is too expensive for a "hotel room" when we can be so close for less $$ and more space. I know I'm not going to get what I want for under $100 per night.

Hope you enjoy your trip! We are off in 42 more hours
:tongue:

Has anybody stayed off-site at the Radisson Resort Parkway lately? I see mostly good reviews but some not so good reviews.
Any opinions?

We had a fabulous stay at the Doubletree Suites at DTD this weekend. Much nicer than when we switched over to POP Century. The staff were very accomodating. I had a sick child and they were helpful to bring me crackers, sprite, etc. They left balloons and cookies for my daughter who celebrated a birthday and give her little extra toys as well. Everyone knew her name and watched to wish her happy birthday. It was very wonderful. The housekeeper even wrote us a thank you note for her tip which I thought was very nice. I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat. OH and we used the bus service and it was fine. BEtter than what we experienced when we moved to POP!

I keep reading very good reviews about the Sheraton Vistana Villas but isn't that a timeshare property? I was thinking about staying there but I don't want to be annoyed by people asking me to attend a timeshare presentation. I really don't like attending them. For anyone who has stayed there, do they bother you about attending these presentations?

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo We are looking forward to an upcoming stay at the Holiday Inn Family suites. We are getting a 2 bedroom kids with pullout sofa sleeps 7 for $103/night with the Entertainment book discount. Everybody gets a free breakfast and the kids eat free all day. They do offer transportaion as well but we rented a vehicle. I hope it is as wonderful as they say!!!!

Just wondering if someone could share with me why they Didn't like Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista (I see that it has the most votes for 'worst hotel'?). While I was a CM, I heard great things about it?

What's so bad about it...'cause I'm planning on booking for May 7 - 24, 2004!

Please help

Thanks - Levon

dpratt, expect a tight fit with 7 in the HIFS. They have a lot of beds, but the rooms are pretty small. I am glad you rented a car, the transportation is not that great.

Trust me on this one, whatever you do, DON'T stay at the Knights Inn on 192. We're talking bugs, holes in sheets, nasty bathrooms etc. I posted a thread back in Jan. about this. I rather sleep in a dumpster than take my family back there!

I noticed the Embassy on the dishonorable list. Any Idea why? This is not the warm fuzzy feeling I should be getting for the trip.hmmmmmm. We have 7 days there on the ground floor pool side. should I make a change?:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter