Beta Guide by Aengus

LoriR

Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
VISIT THE NEW UPDATED GUIDE HERE!

Many thanks to Aengus for writing this guide for us

WORK in progress!!! Please forgive the quad post but it saves room to keep the topic together. If its a problem mods, delete away with minimal hard feelings LOL j/k

A good friend asked me to write this guide up, so how could I refuse?

What is BETA?

BETA - A version of an application that is made available prior to the official release for the purposes of testing.

On May 23rd, 2005 VMK opened for BETA testing and on June 27th, 2005 The BETA period ended.

Several items that could previously be purchased in that BETA period were no longer available to be bought. These are the items that became known as BETA.

It is important to understand that there will never be an addition to the BETA list. Retired items are just that and will become rare over time but will never become BETA.

Day 1 badges were given to players who started before the BETA period ended on June27th.

I will list the furniture items in 3 categories. Things that have never come back or very limited quantities, Things that came back on sale again, and things people call BETA that are not.

Beta Guide by Aengus

Here is a list of the items that became known as BETA and have YET to return in VMK. These are the most rare items in VMK. I will rate them between 1 – 3 stars for this category, 3 being the most rare *IMO* (some items were released as quests prizes but in very limited capacity, with the exception of the pink slipper chair which had big circulation as a quest prize)

Black Haunted Mansion candlestick **

Yellow Haunted Mansion candlestick **

Sea green cactus arm chair *

Red Davey Crockett’s Canoe couch ** ½

Orange Grand ballroom ghostly organ *** (this is probably the most rare beta piece of furniture)

Red Tee Pee ** ½

Cyan Ariel’s treasure ** ½

Yellow Glass slipper **

Red Crate *

Purple Pirate Piano **

Pink Tiki ***

Pink Slipper Chair * (was given as a prize in a quest that anyone who completed received!)

Green Tea Cup ***

Flying Saucer Cyan ** ½

Flying Saucer Green ** ½

Green Pirate Throne * (In June was given in a larger capacity as a host prize, and was also low capacity quest prize)

Purple Pirate Treasure Chest ***

Blue Underwater organ ***

BETA guide by Aengus continued:

BETA items that came back on sale temporarily after BETA period

Red turnstile (resale in December)

Red scoreboard (resale in December)

Green Philharmagic Chair (resale in March)

Blue bamboo floor (resale in February)

Green Tiki Wall divider (resale in February, big capacity quest prize in July)

Green barrel seat (resale in March)

Blue Madame Leota Table (resale in February)

Blue Alladin Carpet Chair (resale in February)

Blue Rocker (resale in February)

Blue Heartless Hamper (resale in February)

BETA guide by Aengus:

Things that are often called BETA but are not. These are still very rare items and I will rank them 1 – 3 stars *IMO*. 3 being the most rare

Cyan Rocket couch ***

Green Rocket couch ***

Black Rocket couch ** ½

Purple Rocket couch ** ½

Yellow Rocket couch **

Orange Rocket couch **

Blue Rocket couch * ½

Light Blue rocket couch * (given out as a quest prize in large capacity!)

Rocket couches are almost always called BETA but they were actually retired just after the BETA period. They are also the first item to ever be rumored to return to the stores and to date it has still never happened

Something that many people are not aware of, during the Host Quest month, quite a few of these beta pieces were given as prizes (like 10 or so of each) including:

Red Rocker
Purple Pirate Chest
Red TeePee
Red Crate
Purple Piano
Red Canoe
Green TeaCup
Pink Tiki (also given out during staff games for a couple weeks)
Flying Saucer Green

Very true, the items you mentioned were given out in very limited quantities. I am of the opinion that values didnt change much as a result because so limited quantities with the exception of the pink tiki. It is still very high on the wanted list but it became about halfed at the discovery of the quests, mostly out of fear they were going to give out to many. IMO at least :)

The red rocker is not BETA. But, its value changed significantly as a result. The reason was there were so few prior to the quests they practically doubled as a result.

So if the number of red rockers doubled, then there are about 12 of them (which is about the same number as everyone says). I would say their value is still extremely high since there are less of them than even green flips.

Cyan Rocket couch ***

Green Rocket couch ***

The green rocket couch isn't as rare as people think. There is at least one person with, literally, a room full of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Red Rocker NEVER released? Just given to a select few people? And then a few more during the quests?

all pirate beta was released in pirate month. see the sticky thread on furniture guides.

LittleDragonErin said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Red Rocker NEVER released? Just given to a select few people? And then a few more during the quests?

That is true to my knowledge. I have also heard from Mal that some haunted quest codes early on gave the red rocker by mistake.

Tinkrbellas said:
So if the number of red rockers doubled, then there are about 12 of them (which is about the same number as everyone says). I would say their value is still extremely high since there are less of them than even green flips.

I also think Tinkrbellas estimate is about right. Might even be a few less. I did not mean to diminish the value of those rockers, they are still very few and very rare!!! The difference is people were turning down an offer of 2 infernos before the quests, and is no longer the case. So dont get me wrong, I wish I had one ;) its worth alot, but going from more than 2 infernos to 1 inferno in value is a SIGNIFICANT change in value, and it was all i meant.

Tinkrbellas said:
The green rocket couch isn't as rare as people think. There is at least one person with, literally, a room full of them.

The green rocket I rated at *** for rockets it is not a comparison that goes across the complete guide. . They cyan is still more rare but green is the 2nd most valued rocket hence its *** rating.

Cpt.JackSpearow said:
Should I trade my white snowman for a cyan rocket then?

Depends on what you think. Personally, I would say no ;)

Edit : I don't get this new "Cyan = Dark Green" thing. If you are planning to trade for cyan, I would say no, if you are going to trade for dark green, I would say yes.

Or am I just confused?!:confused3

tinkrbellas said:

Let me know who they are, I need both: Cyan Rocket couch & Green Rocket couch for my collection and I'll be done.

Purple Pirate Piano ** ALL piate beta was re-released in pirate month. See the sticky thread called furniture guide.

Pink Tiki *** According to friends this was re-released in limited quantity fo host games and merits maybe a * 1/2.

Purple Pirate Treasure Chest *** ALL pirate beta was re-released in pirate month. See the sticky thread called furniture guide.

I disagree with adding your own rarity system. I have had the blue organ three times and each saucer only once and once me and my brother each had green tea cup twice. Ever since I left (before my month long ban) when I came back everyone was all over the red crate. I personally think they grow on trees. Just adding my input and would also like to include my thanks as most people have no idea what in the heck beta is and it annoys me to constantly give definitions and examples.

WARNING OFF TOPIC AHEAD!!!

Now if we could just get a guide that would dispell the "where did you get this room?" and "how did you get suit?" questions or my favorite :rolleyes: "trading extremely rare (insert buyable or free thing here) for inferno only! And what about the room title being "OMG Only Rare Trades! Then when you get there its nothing but garbage I report those rooms after I give the owner warning to change it. I think that is complete bull because they get to stay open all year and what not but I made a trade room when bat magic came out called "Rare Trade Room - I Have Bat" and stocked the room with rare but the second I traded my bat magic I got reported and I thought foolishly that since a staff came to my room and asked for a favor that I was actually going to win best guest room.

aengus said:
I also think Tinkrbellas estimate is about right. Might even be a few less. I did not mean to diminish the value of those rockers, they are still very few and very rare!!! The difference is people were turning down an offer of 2 infernos before the quests, and is no longer the case. So dont get me wrong, I wish I had one ;) its worth alot, but going from more than 2 infernos to 1 inferno in value is a SIGNIFICANT change in value, and it was all i meant.

So if there are less than 12 of these Red Rockers out in VMK, why are you saying the value is only One Inferno? When there are hundreds of Infernos in VMK vs. the 12 or less of these chairs.

This chair may be valued at 1-2 infernos, right now. But what should the actual worth be. We all know inferno is traded for much more than it should be. That's why I don't care about demand, I'd just to know the Actual worth. (12 red rockers vs. 100s of infernos)

hehe :cool1:

tinkrbellas said:
So if there are less than 12 of these Red Rockers out in VMK, why are you saying the value is only One Inferno? When there are hundreds of Infernos in VMK vs. the 12 or less of these chairs.

This chair may be valued at 1-2 infernos, right now. But what should the actual worth be. We all know inferno is traded for much more than it should be. That's why I don't care about demand, I'd just to know the Actual worth. (12 red rockers vs. 100s of infernos)

hehe :cool1:

It's worth 2 infernos. WORTH. Now whether or not somebody will trade that is another story altogether. I personally would never trade more than 1 inferno for any furniture item. And that's the case with most people. I'd say 90% of the people will not justify more than one inferno for a rocking chair that could come out in general release at any given time.

OK, everyone first remember!!!! this is IMO that means in my opinon :) and ever opinon is different. But I will back up my data with some beliefs.

Wolf, no offense, but I just believe your peeps are wrong LOL. They were given out in host quests limited numbers, but so were alot of others. You can read the little blurb about it I wrote, and Erin pointed out exactly what others were if you read page #1 of the thread. MUCH of the beta was in quests during quest month. The numbers were very small tho.

Tink, I am going by the fact I saw it trade for 1 inferno last month. It was up for bid, and it didnt go for 2, not even an inferno and more JUST an inferno and nothing more.

Erin, you have the point that everyone needs to pay attention to!!! demand is a big part of the game everyone. There are more green flips in the game than red rockers or yellow ariels also, but doesnt mean anyone is going to give you them for it ;)

By all means voice any opinion you have, but if you want to have an impact you need to explain your position or thought, dont just say because my friend who is smart told me so LOL :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter