Beth's WDW Countdown Weight Loss Journal, Goal: Lose 50 lbs by Feb 2016 with My Fitness Pal & Fitbit

Beth, you are doing such a good job! I am so glad that you are starting to feel better! Just think of all the things that you can do more easily once you get into shape! Keep up that fantastic work!

Day 16 of 224, Tues 7/7

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate about 3/4 of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1676.

Took 7,091 steps today. I walked outside for an hour. Feet were okay, padding the balls of my feet with band-aids is helping. Hoping to do my full 80 minute walk tomorrow. Also did my 3rd Pilates workout today and I feel like I'm already seeing results. I feel taller and I'm finding it easier to get up off the floor, bed, sofa, etc.

DH is losing weight too which is awesome! His clothes are getting pretty baggy. He's been walking with me every day. He doesn't log calories, he finds that too restrictive. Instead he eats smaller portions and goes longer between meals. That's what works for him. We still have a long ways to go but we're both in so much better shape than we were 3 years ago and I'm excited to keep it going.

Woo hoo! This report makes me want to try pilates to see if I could finally reach that one shelf in the kitchen that is just a tiny bit to high fo me. You are doing great!

Day 17 of 224, Wed 7/8

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate about half of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1547. I've been eating a lot of half sandwiches lately. They fill me up and make my calories go a lot farther.

Took 10,199 steps today. Walked outside for 80 minutes. Feet not great but not horrible, just trying to power through. DH mentioned that he thinks the last 20 minutes are always the worst for my feet and I would have to agree with that and maybe I'll have to reevaluate the length of my walks. Perhaps try to get more around the house. I'll have to think on that... I really like aiming for 10,000 steps every day. Really makes me feel a sense of accomplishment.

DH tried on a few shirts today from a box of old (smaller) clothes we kept from a few years ago. Six of them fit and lots more close to fitting which made us both really happy. I love little rewards like that.

Day 18 of 224, Thurs 7/9

Logged all my food in MFP although the last two meal/snacks not immediately which is probably why I ate more calories than I realized/should have. I keep a notebook in addition to MFP & Fitbit. I list the date, times I eat, the food I eat (I write this down before or as I'm eating, never later because I would forget), and other notes like exercise, thoughts, feelings, accomplishments, etc. I find this to be a helpful and valuable tool. But I should have put my calories in MFP sooner and then I would have probably skipped my last snack. My regular calories plus exercise calories totaled 1813 and I ate 1967, so 154 calories over.

Took 10,236 steps today. That consisted of a 60 minute walk outside, a store run, usual around-the-house steps plus about 20 minutes of walking around the house to top off my steps. Feet not the best so that's why I split it up and I think it helped. I should have done my Pilates workout today but procrastinated and didn't do it. I'll need to make up some if I want to meet my monthly goal.

I almost didn't walk today or yesterday actually, both days I felt like sitting on the sofa and chowing down on takeout instead. Today was worse than yesterday because I was really hungry for some reason but since I just ate I didn't think it was true hunger, just emotions. So I whined for about five minutes, teetering over the edge, then finally put on my shoes and took the first step out the front door. The rest fell into place. Later that night I realized that I didn't once think about eating or hunger after we started walking.

And...I'm feeling kinda puffy today which makes me think I'm holding onto the water and I'm dreading the upcoming weigh in. I was hoping to maintain (okay secretly hoping to lose a pound) but I can see/feel water retention in my hands, feet, face/lips and tummy. It's amazing how sensitive to it I am now because before I was back on track and eating all the time I never noticed tiny fluctuations. I'm just trying to stay the course though. I'm hoping for the best but realize that ups and downs are part of the journey and where I end up is the most important.

You are doing a wonderful job! Some days your body may need more fuel and other days you'll feel fine with less. Congratulations on walking when you didn't want to. You should be proud.

Day 19 of 224, Fri 7/10

Logged all my food in MFP. Not nearly as hungry today, thank goodness! I earned over 500 exercise calories but only ate a few of them, eating a total of 1460 calories. Ended the day with a big sour watermelon Slurpee. I always read not to drink your calories but I love to occasionally spend them/splurge on ice cold lemonades, smoothies, Slurpees, juices, milkshakes, chocolate milk, etc. I made sure to get all my water today because that has been a major weak spot of mine this past week or so and hopefully it will help shed some of the puffiness/water retention.

Took 10,330 steps today. My original injured foot doesn't hurt at all anymore (yay!) but the other foot is the one causing a lot of pain right now. I figure one more week and it should be calloused over and painless too. Walked 60 minutes outside (gloriously cool outside), finished off the rest of my steps walking around the house watching/listening to Disney World trip videos on YouTube. Finished the day off with my 4th Pilates workout of the month.

Week 3 Weigh-In Results

Lost 1.2 lbs this week
Down to 249.2

My weight stayed the same for the first few days of the week, then went up, and the next day down, so I'm happy to see a loss. I feel like I'm doing good overall with my eating and exercise so my goal for the coming week is to keep it up but also drink more water which I've been very bad about this past week, same with veggies. I hope to lose a pound or two this coming week.

8.6/50.8 pounds lost

205 days til Disney!

Week 3 Weigh-In Results

Lost 1.2 lbs this week
Down to 249.2

My weight stayed the same for the first few days of the week, then went up, and the next day down, so I'm happy to see a loss. I feel like I'm doing good overall with my eating and exercise so my goal for the coming week is to keep it up but also drink more water which I've been very bad about this past week, same with veggies. I hope to lose a pound or two this coming week.

8.6/50.8 pounds lost

205 days til Disney!

Keep up the good work. Try not to worry about water retention. Instead focus on averages of your weight loss. If water weight is a big concern though, try to watch sodium intake. Salty foods will hold onto the water for a few days. Again I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen the scale move 5lbs in 24 hours because of water retention and loss. It can drive you crazy thinking wow I'm done 4 lbs and then the next day... Ohh I'm up 6 lbs. Good luck and stick with it!

Great job! You sound like you have a real lifestyle change started :)

Thanks Kriii. Yeah I really feel different this time, more in control, very determined. I've lost 25 pounds each year for the last two years, going for 50 this year. I think posting here has made all the difference, really holds me accountable every day.

Keep up the good work. Try not to worry about water retention. Instead focus on averages of your weight loss. If water weight is a big concern though, try to watch sodium intake. Salty foods will hold onto the water for a few days. Again I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen the scale move 5lbs in 24 hours because of water retention and loss. It can drive you crazy thinking wow I'm done 4 lbs and then the next day... Ohh I'm up 6 lbs. Good luck and stick with it!

Thanks so much. Totally agree about not worrying about water retention and focusing on weight loss averages. I definitely feel like there is a rational and irrational side of me when it comes to things like that. I'm learning. :teacher:

Day 20 of 224, Sat 7/11

Logged all my food in MFP although not completely until the following day. Ate a super-light breakfast in anticipation of my "cheat" meal today. I had chicken yakisoba from a non-chain local restaurant. I broke down each ingredient and logged it, hopefully I came close to the accurate # of calories. I didn't have dessert as part of the meal this time which I'm glad because there was *no* room for it. I ate the entire restaurant portion as one meal and paid for it in the end, I felt so sick, for at least two hours afterwards. That used to be a regular portion for me but no more, it was too much, more like two meals. Next time I will split it in half and have it for lunch and dinner. I was so stuffed that I skipped dinner, only having a frozen drink later in the evening. I wasn't really hungry again until the next morning after my walk. Too. Much. Food. I'm learning, I'm learning. I'm glad it doesn't take as much food to fill me up/satisfy me. Ate all of my regular calories and nearly all my exercise calories, ending the day at 1796 (6 calories leftover). I was pleased to see that I didn't exceed my calories as expected.

Took 10,320 steps today. 10 steps less than yesterday. :) 60 minutes of walking outside, then a break, and another 25 minutes of walking inside later that evening. Feet, not too bad.

Fantastic that it takes less to fill you up! I'm guessing that this is because you are eating more nutritionally dense foods, since eating the low nutrition junk doesn't satisfy the body's nutrition needs and will keep the body hungry. Good job getting the steps in too! I am so excited for you!

Last edited:
Day 21 of 224, Sun 7/12

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate lots of small meals/snacks today because I was too lazy to cook. Ate only about 1/2 of my exercise calories earned, ending the day at 1513 calories. Did much better today on my water.

Took 10,692 steps today. Got over 10k done much earlier in the day than usual, usually I don't meet my step goal until the last minute, so this was a victory for me. It felt really good to reach my step goal earlier in the day. Plan to try for that again tomorrow. Walked 60 minutes outside, 15 minutes around the house plus a store run pushed me over 10k. I think splitting the walking into two has been easier on my feet, not feeling too bad at all the past couple of days.

That is such good news about the steps! Sounds like you are really getting in better physical shape. You are doing such positive things for your health!

Great job! It's probably more fun having the steps out of the way rather than strolling around your house as bedtime approaches.

Day 22 of 224, Mon 7/13

Logged all my food in MFP. Ate all my exercise calories plus 15 over, ending the day at 1845. DH grilled chicken yesterday to keep in the fridge for easy lunches, etc. Tossed some in a big salad, yummy, filling and not too many calories. They take a long time to eat, I like that. A couple treats put me over my calories but I realized where I went wrong and would make difference choices next time.

Took 10,604 steps today. Hit 10k about 430p so I was happy about that. By the looks of it, I didn't move much after that. Walked in a local park today for 65 minutes (3 loops) plus 20 minutes around the house later on. The park has gentle slopes and inclines which is a great switch from my usual flat neighborhood walks. Feet felt great so they're either on the mend or not constantly walking flat for a hour+ straight helps, maybe both. DH and I agree that our pace seems faster than a year ago plus we can go longer distances than before. It's nice to see changes like that, beyond the scale.

Day 23 of 224, Tues 7/14

Very basic day. Logged all my food in MFP. Ate just a few of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1463.

Took 10,449 steps today. Walked in the park again today, 3 loops totaling 65 minutes. Later in the evening walked 20 minutes around the house to reach 10k steps. Feet felt great.

Am I skinny yet? Haha just kidding.

Day 24 of 224, Wed 7/15

Logged all my food in MFP. Like yesterday, ate just some of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1516.

Took 10,082 steps today. Almost didn't make my step goal. Walked 60 minutes outside around the neighborhood, nice cool breeze and gorgeous sunset. Finished my steps shortly before midnight walking 25 minutes around the house. I need to be better about waiting until the last minute/letting time get away from me some days. Feet were perfect.

I noticed that my days seem to be falling into rhythm and routine which I think is good. The uncontrollable hunger I felt the first week or so is gone (thank goodness!) and I'm eating much more moderate portions and balancing my calories when I want to have treats and I treat myself daily, sometimes several times a day and when I run out of calories, I'm realizing the following day they will reset and I can have more. I do think about food and eating 24/7 and kind of wonder if that will ever go away but at least I know I can manage it.

Day 24 of 224, Wed 7/15

Logged all my food in MFP. Like yesterday, ate just some of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1516.

Took 10,082 steps today. Almost didn't make my step goal. Walked 60 minutes outside around the neighborhood, nice cool breeze and gorgeous sunset. Finished my steps shortly before midnight walking 25 minutes around the house. I need to be better about waiting until the last minute/letting time get away from me some days. Feet were perfect.

I noticed that my days seem to be falling into rhythm and routine which I think is good. The uncontrollable hunger I felt the first week or so is gone (thank goodness!) and I'm eating much more moderate portions and balancing my calories when I want to have treats and I treat myself daily, sometimes several times a day and when I run out of calories, I'm realizing the following day they will reset and I can have more. I do think about food and eating 24/7 and kind of wonder if that will ever go away but at least I know I can manage it.

Way to go! You are doing such a great job! I'm also finding that I'm thinking a lot more about food and eating these days. I've always been kind of food and cookbook obsessed but right now I'm just totally into the puzzle of how to fit in treats, manage hunger, and stay within my calorie goals. I'm also just in shock about how high the calorie count is on some of the things I was eating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter