Beyond Big Thunder

One thing that could help is at Disneyland they have always had alternative Fireworks viewing sopts. They would projject on the water screens for Fantasmic! at the Rivers of America and on the IASW facade. Now though they have an alternate spot in Galaxy's Edge where, while it's the smae pyro, there is different music for a totally different experience. They call it "Fire of the Rising Moons." If it's possible to see the fireworks well from the new Beyond are at MK, they could do something like that.

This is why I think “The other side” could be so effective. A Maleficent castle with its own show during the fireworks could be a draw away from the main hub.
Still doesn't solve the massive crowd exit through the hub or front of the park. When they expanded Fantasyland, they realized it was too much. They then had to expand the hub and use an entrance/exit path behind Main Street at times.

Just hope there is a plan.

Still doesn't solve the massive crowd exit through the hub or front of the park. When they expanded Fantasyland, they realized it was too much. They then had to expand the hub and use an entrance/exit path behind Main Street at times.

Just hope there is a plan.

Stay open later?

I could definitely see them doing something in the Cars realm; it's a known successful IP and they could do a few cool new attractions that aren't just clones of stuff in Disneyland. I was thinking it was almost certainly going to be Encanto, but that's going in AK. I know everyone wants to see a villains-type area, but I feel like if Disney ever intended to do that somewhere they would have done it in a foreign park first. I don't see them going all-in on a villains area in MK; MAYBE this could fit into a DHS expansion down the road.

(Also I'm gonna get dragged for this/totally sound like a pearl-clutching Patty but I think most Disney villains are just bad and don't need/deserve a redemption arc or a park area, BUT SOME OF THEM ARE FUN, well-drawn and funny so idk 🤷‍♀️. I'm just glad for something new in MK)

(Also I'm gonna get dragged for this/totally sound like a pearl-clutching Patty but I think most Disney villains are just bad and don't need/deserve a redemption arc or a park area, BUT SOME OF THEM ARE FUN, well-drawn and funny so idk 🤷‍♀️. I'm just glad for something new in MK)

:jumping1:
I think you answered yourself. No one is trying to redeem Maleficent or Jafar or Hades or Ursula. They're bad and fake, that's the point. They are also fun and fabulous. And there's a precedent for a land dedicated to villains, OBB sells out every year, villains have parade floats, they have dancing shows, they have merchandise, they have meet and greats all year long. Lots of guests love villains. No one is morally judging folks for liking the Evil Queen or Gaston (at least I hope they aren't cause yikes).

I honestly really hope for a villain anything, not even for me but my mom loves them, it would make her so happy :lovestruc

I think you answered yourself. No one is trying to redeem Maleficent or Jafar or Hades or Ursula. They're bad and fake, that's the point. They are also fun and fabulous. And there's a precedent for a land dedicated to villains, OBB sells out every year, villains have parade floats, they have dancing shows, they have merchandise, they have meet and greats all year long. Lots of guests love villains. No one is morally judging folks for liking the Evil Queen or Gaston (at least I hope they aren't cause yikes).

I honestly really hope for a villain anything, not even for me but my mom loves them, it would make her so happy :lovestruc
I am also hoping for villains. I’m a villain and not a princess person. I would like to see Disney do something different.

I'm so glad I started this thread...I can't believe no one else had first!

A few thoughts:

- Pocahontas ain't happening a hundred yards from where they just got rid of Song of the South. Disney's version is...uh...not 100% contemporary, let's say?

- The capacity argument is a very fair one- perhaps MK could have a separate entrance back there ala International Gateway. Or even just an exit. Set up a separate bus and Lyft station back there. Used only for exiting.

- Personally, I lean towards the Villains theme. It's tucked back in a corner where it will be easy for little kids to avoid and ultimately, it will give adults without kids a reason to go to this park.

Not to mention that arguably the best parts of many Disney movies ARE the villains but that doesn't mean people want them redeemed or agree with them. They're just fun characters.

- Pocahontas ain't happening a hundred yards from where they just got rid of Song of the South. Disney's version is...uh...not 100% contemporary, let's say?
This was my thought too whenever I see Pocahontas come up (not just on here, but on other social media sites) as a possible ride theme but didn't want to dredge up the elephant in the room.

What exactly is the issue with Pocahontas? Is it just because it's not historically accurate?

What exactly is the issue with Pocahontas? Is it just because it's not historically accurate?
Oh where to start. Well, Pocahontas in real life never had a romantic relationship with John Smith. In fact, she was very likely a child when he would've been there. She married a whole other Englishman named John Rolfe.

John Smith ended on bad terms with Pocahontas's tribe- her father the chief was trying to kill him when he left and never returned. Peace between the tribe and the settlers didn't return until she married Rolfe, which signaled the two parties were sort of connected.

Interestingly, Kokoum was very real but she was likely actually in love with him- he wasn't a major figure in the tribe, so the fact that they were together was out of love not standing. Kind of the opposite of the movie.

She was dead by age 21.

Oh where to start. Well, Pocahontas in real life never had a romantic relationship with John Smith. In fact, she was very likely a child when he would've been there. She married a whole other Englishman named John Rolfe.

John Smith ended on bad terms with Pocahontas's tribe- her father the chief was trying to kill him when he left and never returned. Peace between the tribe and the settlers didn't return until she married Rolfe, which signaled the two parties were sort of connected.

Interestingly, Kokoum was very real but she was likely actually in love with him- he wasn't a major figure in the tribe, so the fact that they were together was out of love not standing. Kind of the opposite of the movie.

She was dead by age 21.

Right. I already agtreed that it is not historically accurate. It never purported to be. So, other than that, what's the issue? Disney still uses the character in marketing, merchandising, and in the parks at this time, so I don't see the issue. For the sake of the thread, that wil be my last statement on the matter as well.

Last edited:
Nat
Right. I already agreed that it is not historically accurate. It never purported to be. So, other than that, what's the issue. Disney still uses the character in marketing, merchandising, and in the parks at this time, so I don't see the issue. For the sake of the thread, that wil be my last statement on the matter as well.
Native Americans are minorities. Anything Disney does, no matter how well intended, will be criticized. Simply stating, it is not worth the risk.

Finally, Cars Land is cool.
Definitely!!! I'm not quite sure how Cars Land would "fit" at the MK. It seems to me better suited to DHS but they just added two major lands there so I don't see another coming quite so soon.

I assume the path to the new area while wind around the other side of Big Thunder Mountain just over the train tracks and going north.
Interesting question. I wonder if the access would be from below the Frontier Land train station in the Tiana queue area but crossing under the tracks and to the "outside" of BTM.

Or, would you be able to access it from area behind the current Rapunzls Tower/Small World?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter