Big Hint!

AllisonG

<font color=CC66CC>Good thing the TF is multi-ling
If your staying a tent, please remember to put some sort of tarp or water proof sheet over your tent. We stayed last October 01' after having a great day in Epcot we arrived back at our tent with ALL of our belongings floating around the tent! Unbelieveable! I was a girlscout, I camped alot. I never remember having to put something over the tent.
To make a long story short, FW let us have a cabin for the remainder of our vacation and helped us dry all of our stuff.

If a tent is set up properly and has been appropriately waterproofed and has a rain cover, then you shouldn't need an extra tarp over the top. All stakes should be in tight and all lines should be tight, no sagging. I also make sure nothing is up against the sides of the tent.

I waterproof the seams of mine every six months and spray it liberally with Scotch Guard every six months. (inside and out), but not the window screens as that prevents the airflow that helps keep your tent dry.

Where I have my extra plastic is underneath the tent. I have a heavy mil plastic sheet underneath the tent (it should not poke out on the sides) and a lightweight throwaway plastic sheet under that next to the ground (to keep my permanent plastic relatively clean) and I also have a heavy mil sheet of plastic inside the bottom of the tent to give myself and my stuff an extra water barrier. There have been many times when under that inside plastic was wet, but me and my stuff wasn't. I set up my sun shelter/rainfly just in front of my tent so that I can get out of the tent and put my rain gear on without getting wet.

Hope this helps!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter