Birnbaum's Resort Discount offer??

dreamflight99

<font color=deeppink>Princess of THIS Castle!<br><
Frustrating...I received my copy of BB 2002 yesterday, and immediately called VB and HH Resorts to check-out the fab discounts offered with the coupon in the back of the book! The Dis agent was familiar with the Discount, but said it was not available at the time I requested. I'm planning a trip in July 2002. She did not think this reflected no availability during this time for these rates, but suggested the offer has not been entered into the system for Summer 2002? Does anyone know anything about BB's discounts? Any suggestions on "when" to call the resorts? (Jan 1, 2003?). I tried to find the website and contact BB directly with the question--but they do not have a website!! Great! Any help is greatly appreciated....DF99:confused:

The new Birnbaum guides have just come out this last week, I think. Very recently, in any case. It sounds like someone just goofed and hasn't programmed the code for that discount into the system yet.

If I were you I'd wait a week or so and try again. If the agent can't find the discount, you might want to ask for a supervisor. You might get a better answer, and/or someone in authority can be notified that this code needs to be programmed.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I've been trying to get the "Birnbaum Discount" (from the 2001 book) for the last part of November at VB since mid-summer. This is considered off-season for VB. When I call, I am told it is not available. I don't think there are very many rooms set aside for this discount. JMHO.

Dreamflight ....

Are the BB discounts in July just for Vero Beach or do they include Hilton Head? My issue has not arrived yet.

Thanks for your info.!

YES---They include HH too! There's a 20% Disney Quest, 10% F&B @ Wolfgang pucks, Comp. Gift @ Dis info center, free upgrade w/nat'l car rental, 10% F&B and Merchandise @ Bongos, 2$ Virgin Megastore, 10% F&B and merchandise @ Planet Hollywood, 20%off fantasy photo purchase of $15 or more....not bad. The Two for VBR & HH are 25% off. When I asked the agent @ Vero what the rate is for the BB dis, she said "It's about 10% off the real price"---???
I then asked her to check availability for the present time to obtain a reference for the cost. She gave me the price, with taxes, for my intended stay....Four nights in a one BR Villa=$899.12, Four nights in a Studio=$616.04. That's more than 10%...that's 25%!! Thanks for the tips...I'm going to call bakc again this week--and speak with a Supervisor. I'll also call VB directly again, and speak w/front desk manager about this special. It should be in the system as soon as the book is published and distributed! It is with the ENT. Rate, and AAA, and the Prem. Annual Passholders specials...etc.!! :pinkbounc :bounce: :p

I just checked the dates for the HH...and "July" is not available...sorry for the above. Dates are as follows:

15% Discount: 5/12/02-5/22/02 and 5/26/02-6/08/02

20% Discount: 3/3/02-3/23/02, 4/7/02-5/11/02, 8/25/02-8/29/02,and 9/02/02-10/26/02

25% Discount: 1/1/02-3/02/02, 10/27/02-11/27/02, and 12/01/01-12/31/02

They completely "skirted" around July...I remember they used to "include" July in this offer. I was just presuming it was the same offer as VBR...my sincere apologies for the goof-(and the brief moment of joy--followed by disappointment). Enjoy your weekend...and try VBR this summer with the 25% off. Please post any results/efforts obtaining this discount. Thanks again!!:p

Thanks Dreamflight 99

As I expected. I was so happy when I read your first post, but came back to reality when reading your corrected rates. The reason I chose HH was due to the fact that we are driving down and wanted to spend a few nights there before traveling on to WDW. Maybe a change in plans is in the cards?????

Thanks for much for the info.!!!!

You "Lucky-Duck"...you're able to drive to WDW. We did it "once" in '92, as we took a trip across the country for 39 days! It was fun, but too far to travel by vehicle annually. I'm from Horseheads N.Y. originally, (folks still live in the little village!), and have made the trip down I95 many times. Wonderful. Now...it takes us a minimum of 3-4 days to drive there. We always fly, as it takes about 4 hrs. and we're there. So, we always choose Vero to begin the trip...have never been to HH (Hmmm...maybe it's worth the drive from Orlando for a stay). Any tips on the resort? Have you been there? Sorry again for the high/Low emotional trip--especially on a nice Sunday! DF99:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter