Bizarre question about OKW tubs

sajetto

Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007
I know this is a very strange question to ask because its not like anyone takes a tape measure on vacation with them, but does anyone like Doc or Diane know what the dimensions of the OKW tubs are? I'm pretty sure that it was a Jacuzzi brand tub in the one bedroom, but when my husband and I went on the website, they don't carry that exact tub. We're building a house and want to put a corner tub in with a molded in seat and roughly the same size as that in OKW. If anyone knows anything about those whirlpools let me know, but I know its a long shot.

My husband and I have a trip scheduled to OKW this summer, but are staying in a studio so we won't be able to measure it, but could ask a CM if they know the dimensions or the name of the model they have.

You could ask CM if you could see a 1BR while you are there. If they have one empty, they probally will let you see it.

We will be there in a 1BR in 22 days :cool1: :cloud9: :woohoo: If I remember, I will get them for you. What dimensions do you want and how exact do you need it?

That would be great! The dimensions I need are the length, the width, and the depth. On average all of the other corner tubs that look like that are running 60x60x25. I'm just wondering if that is the same or bigger. When we were there it looked huge, but it may have just been our imagination.

No worries about not remembering though, I'll stop by the HH and ask if I don't find out the size of that tub before our trip.

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

I always have a tape measure on vacation...:thumbsup2 Actually it's in a small tool kit that we always carry in the trunk of the car.

We'll be checking into a 2-B/R at OKW on May 13th. I'll make a note to try to get the measurements.

Caskbill I would appreciate it so much! We LOVE that tub and would really like to get something as close to it as possible.

It is probably a standard Jacuzzi size for a corner tub, which is 60" on each side. We have a corner jacuzzi and that's what ours is. The OKW one is a similar size to ours.

Diane, do you happen to know the depth or gallon capacity of yours since it is so similar? Does it have the molded in seat like theirs has and if you could do it all over again, would you still have installed that particular tub? Give it to me straight, I can take it ;)

Ours does not have the seat in, is larger interior and I think it's like 21-25 gallons.

I can not comment on the size of tubs but when we re-did our bathroom we got a standered tub and a jetted shower that was incorporated into an existing decent size shower stall. We do not use at much as I would like but it is a time saving alterantive as you could use it on a week day but may not want to get out...:woohoo:
Be warned the jet assemblies are expensive but the true $ is if you want a glass enclousre as they are all custom and very expensive I would also suggest a larger hot water tank or the newer tankless ones ;)

So do you like it or ever use it?

YES! I'm in it at least 2-3 times a week just to relax. We have had whirlpool tubs for about 28 yeas though, so I am very used to them, and miss it when we stay in a studio.

Be warned the jet assemblies are expensive but the true $ is if you want a glass enclousre as they are all custom and very expensive I would also suggest a larger hot water tank or the newer tankless ones ;)

We're buying an air jetted tub. The shower is seperate with a glass enclosure, but that's already included in our building price. We still haven't decided whether we are going with a traditional heater or tankless. We live in a very remote area and it may be difficult to find someone to service the new tankless version. It would be nice though since they save energy.

BTW, thanks Diane it helps to hear from someone who already owns one.

We're buying an air jetted tub. The shower is seperate with a glass enclosure, but that's already included in our building price. We still haven't decided whether we are going with a traditional heater or tankless. We live in a very remote area and it may be difficult to find someone to service the new tankless version. It would be nice though since they save energy.

No need for a tankless with a jetted tub the showers use a LOT more water but it still may be worth the extra $ if you use a lot of hot water otherwise the high cost (right now anyway) will most likely outway any savings. But it is certainly a wise place to put some extra $ if you can.
ahhhh new construction we could not buy a standerd size we had to have ours custom made at a custom price :rotfl:

I don't remember the brand of the OKW tubs, but I don't think they are Jacuzzi brand. We were just at OKW last month, but the lable/insignia on the tub had come off the one in our room.

We have a Kohler whirlpool, which is nice, but if I was putting in a new one, I would buy this kind because it looks very easy to clean.

Ours does not have the seat in, is larger interior and I think it's like 21-25 gallons.
Diane, that sounds too low. At approximately 7.5 gallons/cubic foot, a tub 60 inches longe and 30 inches wide would be approximately 12 square feet.

25 gallons would only be about 3-1/2 inches deep.

Agreed ... a tank that's 48"x24"x16" is approx 90 gal.

Does anyone have any information on Tankless vs. Tanked Water Heaters? I've been contemplating switching to Gas Service and that was one of the options. How in the world does Tankless heat the water fast enough? :confused3

BTW, thanks Diane it helps to hear from someone who already owns one.

If you get a Jacuzzi brand, get one with an in-line heater. When you get the temperature you like (it's digital), it will keep the water at that temp the entire time you are running the jets.

We were at OKW last week and I was able to take some measurements as shown in the one photo below. It appears to be basically 60x60. The difference appears to be the tile that was overlaid after the tub was installed.

According the the label, it's manufactured by Vita International.

Hope this helps.

tubphoto.jpg

TubLabel.jpg

OKWtubmeasurements.jpg

Bill, you are absolutely amazing! I can't believe all the trouble you went through to show me all the detail. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter