BLT v. VGF

We have stayed at both and now own only at VGF, DS owns AKV. For us hands down VGF won us over. We felt we had more food options and enjoyed to pool and kids water play area much better. The room felt bigger, we were in a 1bedroom, and we never noticed that we only had 1 bathroom.

For us we enjoyed VGF decor more but that is really personal prefernce that you can assess on you own by looking at pictures. We got partial views of fireworks at both resorts. Our biggest problem with BLT, which isn't really a problem, is we felt like we had to go to MK because of how easy it was to get there. I know sounds crazy but we really felt obligated to go to MK. I know such problems.;)

I think either way you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the feedback. We are really exicted. I think we will like the decor & feel of VGF better plus more dining options even better! My DH told me he has always wanted to stay there- I had no idea!

I am really looking forward to staying at VGF on our upcoming trip. I have been waiting for the VGF for a long time. We liked BLT, pretty sure we will love our VFG! Only one more week :thumbsup2

I am really looking forward to staying at VGF on our upcoming trip. I have been waiting for the VGF for a long time. We liked BLT, pretty sure we will love our VFG! Only one more week :thumbsup2

Couldn't have put it better!!!:thumbsup2
Nancyprincess:

VGF wins over BLT in everyway except:
1. You can't walk to MK (if you are mostly an MK family this will proof to be absolutely wonderful advantage especially if you still use a stroller).
2. Cost
3. Small resort means not lots of availabilty

Other than that, it is absolutely supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

VGF wins over BLT in everyway except:
1. You can't walk to MK (if you are mostly an MK family this will proof to be absolutely wonderful advantage especially if you still use a stroller).
2. Cost
3. Small resort means not lots of availabilty

Other than that, it is absolutely supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

4. BLT one bedroom has two full bathrooms in a 1 bedroom while VGF has one

3 more weeks for us....can't wait! We stayed at the Contemporary years back (upgraded to club level) & did not love it. The convenience to MK was nice as well as monorail access. The decor & food options were not my favorite. It was great when my DS was in a stroller. We did like TOW for fireworks. Was very pleasantly shocked to score a ressie @ VGF the other day. Was in shock when it showed up on my computer! We have never seen VGF decorated for Christmas so that will be an extra special treat for us. Ironically, a couple days before getting the reservation, I had a dream that my DH was insisting on buying some VGF points which was weird since my DS & I are the Disney junkies in the house. Buying VGF is highly unlikely for us but the series of events was just bizarre.

Enjoy your trip! If you get a chance, post how you your stay goes.

We own at BLT, BCV and BWV. We took a tour of the new VGF room a couple of weeks ago when we were there. They are beautiful! I still prefer BLT over VGF, we need the second bathroom in the 1 BR and we love walking back from the MK when the fireworks are over and everyone is trying to get transportation back to the resort. The contemporary feel of BLT makes me feel more like I am on vacation. VGF are more upscale and almost a little to stuffy for my taste. Glad we have lots of choices!

I love the luxurious look of VGF. The place is absolutely beautiful. But I love being able to walk back and forth from BLT to MK. And the second bathroom is really important and so convenient. But it's the point structure at VGF that makes it impossible for me to buy there. I just can't afford to buy enough points to make it work. I shudder to think what the Poly is going to be.

We own BLT and love it. 2 weeks ago we stayed at VGF in a 1 BR. We loved it also. We like the 2nd bathroom, walk to MK, and food better at BLT. Decor is much nicer at VGF though. It is absolutely beautiful! I would stay there again in a minute. Kids loved taking bath in jacuzzi tub and watching tv at the same time. My little one loved her little bed also. They said it was nicer there than our house! One thing my kids really missed at VGF is there is no activity room. They love crafts and do tons. We also own at BW at they love the crafts there the best with BLT second.

We love the community hall @ bwv. Great point on the crafts.

we also love the poly and can not even begin to imagine their point chart and cost per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter