Blue Bayou gumbo gone?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Is it true?! I know they got rid of the “free” gumbo or salad starter but is the gumbo completely gone from BB? It’s almost like that’s the straw that’s breaking this camels back 😂... My fam has gone every trip as we love the atmosphere but the prices are getting out of control even for die hards like us. I’m thinking we might be better off to skip this time and eat QS in NOS...

Can you get gumbo from the walk up window QS without the bread bowl?

Café Orleans had Chicken Gumbo as a Starter last week...a cup @ $7.

The Monte Cristo is the same as what’s served at BB.

Is it true?! I know they got rid of the “free” gumbo or salad starter but is the gumbo completely gone from BB?

WOAH.. I hadn’t kept up with that change removing the first course from entrees at BB... but keeping the prices the same!

That makes BB even more breathtakingly expensive and I’m now considering canceling our reservation for this Sunday.

I can’t comprehend how that represents a good value, regardless of atmosphere.

Or has the food improved that much at Blue Bayou?

I am getting really irritated with Disney and its food choices as of late.

First, they removed the tuna sandwich at CHH in MK.
Second, just discovered complimentary bread at some TS restaurants is getting faded out. (its replacement at Tony's, garlic knots for the low low price of $9!) :sad2:
NOW, no Gumbo at BB?

Seriously? This is ridiculous. I could understand if the menu items weren't popular, but they ARE! And phasing out bread ... that is low class. (as I said on restaurant board, even Red Lobster and Olive Garden give away bread.)

So cheap!! Disney your net worth is $130 BILLION. Quit nickel and diming. Act like the prestigious brand you tout yourself to be!!!!

It seems like the quality of the BB experience has decreased dramatically, and I'm wondering if this is linked to when they began offering the F! packages. Maybe they don't HAVE to have the same quality if they can sell the place through the F! dining experience.

My fam has gone every trip as we love the atmosphere but the prices are getting out of control even for die hards like us.

It is funny that you said this because we just returned from 5 days at the DLR and we only get out there once every couple years at the most (we are from the Philly area). We are huge fans of POTC and it was always a tradition to eat at the Blue Bayou, but this was the first year that we decided that its just not worth it anymore. Sure, the prices were always expensive, but its just outrageous now!

I am getting really irritated with Disney and its food choices as of late.

First, they removed the tuna sandwich at CHH in MK.
Second, just discovered complimentary bread at some TS restaurants is getting faded out. (its replacement at Tony's, garlic knots for the low low price of $9!) :sad2:
NOW, no Gumbo at BB?

Seriously? This is ridiculous. I could understand if the menu items weren't popular, but they ARE! And phasing out bread ... that is low class. (as I said on restaurant board, even Red Lobster and Olive Garden give away bread.)

So cheap!! Disney your net worth is $130 BILLION. Quit nickel and diming. Act like the prestigious brand you tout yourself to be!!!!
No tuna sandwich at Harbor House. Now I’m upset. That was my favorite, right up there with the upstairs seating that not many people seem to be aware of...

Has anyone had the Fantasmic! dining package lately? Because that is still advertised as a three course meal. So what appetizers are offered with the package if you can't have gumbo?

Has anyone had the Fantasmic! dining package lately? Because that is still advertised as a three course meal. So what appetizers are offered with the package if you can't have gumbo?
They offer a seasonal soup or a salad...

Sorry, ate at Blue Bayou on Sunday and there was no Gumbo. The soup was red beans and rice with pork. It was good though.

That's what we had in October, and it was delicious! We were initially disappointed, but then didn't miss the gumbo really because we liked the other soup so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter